• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Does anyone cut up on their own diet?

Fit Freak

Fit Freak
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just wrote a little rant which has lead me to post a question:

Does anyone on the board utilize their own original nutritional plan when cutting...say for a competition...other than the notoriously popular DP/w8 high protein/moderate fat/low carb strategy?

If so, what are your macros, carb sources, etc?

:thumb:

Not all DP and w8's plans are under 30G of carbs per day. It just seems to be the most popular because its easy to follow and I find it to be the faster fat loss. :D

How much do you wiegh?
What is your bf%?
How many calories a day do you consume?
What is the daily percentage of your macros?

Mine have always (past year and a half) been similar to that philosophy, but it just happened on it's own :shrug:

I hate %s so if I had to roughly guestimate... PCF 60/33/7 on most days and 60/20/20 on carb days

And yeah, I do this for cutting and gaining just adjust the grams

Not you, Jodi, Fit Freak.

Originally posted by Jodi
Not all DP and w8's plans are under 30G of carbs per day. It just seems to be the most popular because its easy to follow and I find it to be the faster fat loss. :D

Thank you! Big mis-conception here. Our meal plans are high protein, moderate fat, slow burning carbs.....not necessarily low carb....it's very individual and in fact changes w/ each tweak.

Wow...I thought people would misunderstand my question....so I'll restate....what sort of nutritional plans/strategies do people use when they cut....could be low carb...high protein/fat...moderate carb...etc?

I wasn't trying to make an assessment of w8/DP...both of whom I am sure know their stuff....I'm just wondering if anyone cuts on a plan other than the high protein/moderate fat/"slow burning carbs" or low carb?

Originally posted by Fit Freak

I wasn't trying to make an assessment of w8/DP

I know that :D....but I still wanted to clarify just because it is a big misconception among a lot of people :)

IML Gear Cream!
Um...just FYI to FF and everyone else...we're not offended at all, lol...I just wanted to clarify the difference between the low carb and the slow burning carb :D That's all :D

I intake 2500 kcals a day, with no particular macro breakdown, I just get around 150-200g protein and let the rest fill itself in with what i care to eat, I will say that I haven't been eating any candy bars or shyt like that, though. ;)

Does anyone on the board utilize their own original nutritional plan when cutting...say for a competition...other than the notoriously popular DP/w8 high protein/moderate fat/low carb strategy?

Twin Peaks is quite different ( and very effective by the looks of his pix )....you may want to check out one of his older journals as his new one is for bulking.

well i think the universal is high protein but there is some differnce in dieting for enhanced athletes as opposed to normal ones.

My general cutting cycle is...

*protein...2 g per lb of bodyweight
*carbs...0.5 g per lb
*fats...0.25-0.5 g per lb

This is my general plan. As I have done so many shows I have learned my own body well enough to ocassionally throw in a 0 carb day or a high carb day...500 g or so. I know when my body needs a shock in either direction.

My foods are as follows:
-chicken
-turkey
-steak
-egg whites
-buffalo
-sweet potatos
-brown rice
-shredded wheat
-oatmeal
-rice cakes (post workout only)
-pizza and burgers (oh wait, I only dream of those)

whats the best protein shake you guys recommend me to?
looking for high protein and 0 to 3 grams of carbs ...
tried isopure, like it but its too much $$$$

rice cakes (post workout only)
Yuck! Those things taste like cardboard! Good thing you're having them post-workout as they're extremely high GI.

Originally posted by Fluid
Yuck! Those things taste like cardboard! Good thing you're having them post-workout as they're extremely high GI.

Thats why I have them post workout...for the very high GI.

IML Gear Cream!
rice cakes are damn good!!!

Originally posted by Fluid
But why? They taste like poop!

On a low carb, pre-contest diet rice cakes taste like cookies to me after a while, LOL.

I think they boil the chicken to get the sodium out of it.

Nah, no boiling. Just broiling or baking for me. Just a matter of taste.

Originally posted by freeman1504
Are there any significant benefits of boiling over broiling/baking/grilling? It does seem like boiling it would make it taste like crap.

Nope

boiled chicken is the disgusting. When I was cutting a couple of years ago I ate it on a recomendation from this bodybuilder. I hated it.

Back