PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Bodybuilding Supplement Package?

blond bomber
01-20-2003, 08:32 AM
Here's the thing. I have been in-season for basketball for multiple months now, and have maintained my strength well during it just eating plain, healthy food. But, in about three weeks, are season will end and I want to go straight into a muscle-bulking mode. The only supplements I have used to date have been loads of powdered milk and a whole bunch of protein-plus powerbars (24g protein, 5 g fat per bar and delicious). Yet, I want to start this off-season off right, with all the right supplements, multi-vitamins, everything. I consider myself a very dedicated bodybuilder and want the best of the best (at a somewhat cheap price - I'm not rich). MRP's, post-workout shakes, multi-vitamins, creatine - I need your recommendations on them all!:D

Max. Q
01-20-2003, 09:34 AM
Here's a link to three great IM articles on supplements, it should help narrow down your selection.

http://www.ironmagazine.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&uname=Andrew_Natale

I like to use Optimum Nutrition, Beverly or EAS for whey protein, Prolab for creatine and glutamine, Source of Life or Super Nutrition for a multi-vitamin.

Prince
01-20-2003, 10:04 AM
there is no perfect bodybuilding package, if there were the person that invented it would be a multi-billionaire! :)

you say you want to do everything right, so I assume that you already have a "perfect diet" and training routine? If not get that in order first, then worry about the supplements.

blond bomber
01-20-2003, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't say that my lifestyle, diet, and training are perfect, but I feel they are right in sync with what I would like to achieve for my body. I'm getting around 3700 calories daily (broken into 5 to 6 meals), at least 150 grams of protein (I weigh 145), and have excellent workouts. My body is improving. I can actually see the changes made in the past year. It's just that I want to get a new boost coming into this off-season, and I would like personal opinions for various supplements. So, if you have one, please share it. I'm open to any ideas.:D

Prince
01-20-2003, 02:33 PM
well, I take the following:

Multi-Vitamin/Mineral pak
Whey Protein
Creatine
Glutamine
ZMA
Tribulus
xtra Vitamin C
Flax Oil
Joint Formula