• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Best Tasting Meal Replacements

Snatch518

Real American
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've tried Biotest GROW!, Myoplex, EAS, and Meso-tech. My favorite as of now is Biotest GROW. It's not too thick, very smooth, and delicious. Myoplex is great but too expensive, EAS is OK, not the best tasting, and Meso-tech is very rich but very thick. I wonder how GROW is in Vanilla.

What are some of your favorite Meal replacements and which ones don't you like?

Labrada is good. I use optimum's powder..2 scoops most often. I'm awaiting a sample of VPX to come in the mail, I hear it is pretty good too. I'm gonna switch from Optimum once I'm done with my current supply, just to keep things new and fresh and exciting! :)

you'r drinks are weight gainer right?

No, weight gainer is different than protein shakes or MRPs. Weight gainers have enormous amounts of cals and carbs. They ARE high protein too, but tons of other stuff. MRPS are much better IMO. Just make sure you get all of your other meals in.

Here's the info on Optimum's Serious Mass:

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 1250
Calories from Fat 40
Total Fat 4.5 g 7%*
Saturated Fat 3 g 15%*
Cholesterol 75 mg 25%*
Total Carbohydrate 252 g 84%*
Sugars 40 g
Protein 50 g 100%*
Vitamin C 60 mg 100%*
Vitamin D 200 I.U. 50%*
Vitamin E 30 I.U. 100%*
Thiamin 5 mg 330%*
Riboflavin 5 mg 290%*
Niacin 50 mg 250%*
Vitamin B6 5 mg 250%*
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%*
Vitamin B12 20 mcg 330%*
Biotin 300 mcg 100%*
Pantothenic Acid 100 mg 1000%*
Calcium 730 mg 70%*
Iron 6 mg 35%*
Phosphorus 350 mg 35%*
Iodine 75 mcg 50%*
Magnesium 186 mg 45%*
Zinc 30 mg 200%*
Selenium 200 mcg 290%*
Copper 1 mg 50%*
Manganese 10 mg 500%*
Chromium 600 mcg 500%*
Molybdenum 150 mcg 200%*
Sodium 600 mg 25%*
Potassium 1230 mg 35%*
Choline 250 mg
Inositol 250 mg
PABA 5 mg
Creatine Monohydrate 1 g
L-Glutamine 500 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

And here is Optimum's Pro-Meal MRP:

Supplement Facts:
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 270
Calories from Fat 30
Total Fat 4 g 6%*
Saturated Fat 1 g 5%*
Cholesterol 66 mg 22%*
Total Carbohydrate 19 g 6%*
Dietary Fiber 3 g 12%*
Sugars 3 g *
Protein 40 g 80%*
Vitamin A 4500 IU 90%*
Vitamin C 36 MG 60%*
Vitamin D 240 IU 60%*
Vitamin E 18 IU 60%*
Vitamin K 40 mcg 50%*
Thiamin 0.9 mg 60%*
Riboflavin 1.02 mg 60%*
Niacin 20 mg 100%*
Vitamin B6 1.2 mg 60%*
Folic Acid 209 mcg 52%*
Vitamin B12 3 mcg 50%*
Biotin 200 mcg 67%*
Pantothenic Acid 4 mg 40%*
Calcium 768 mg 77%*
Iron 2 mg 11%*
Phosphorus 463 mg 46%*
Iodine 52.5 mcg 35%*
Magnesium 215 mg 54%*
Zinc 6 mg 40%*
Selenium 30 mcg 43%*
Copper 0.8 mg 40%*
Manganese 1 mg 50%*
Chromium 50 mcg 42%*
Molybdenum 60 mcg 80%*
Chloride 213 mg 6%*
Sodium 223 mg 9%*
Potassium 598 mg 17%*
Proprietary Amino Blend 500 mg
L-Glutamine ^
Taurine ^
L-Leucine ^
L-Isoleucine ^
L-Valine ^
Proprietary Enzyme Blend 110 mg
Aminogen?? ^
Carbogen?? ^
Inulin (FOS) 2 g ^
Choline 80 mg ^

I think you`ll like it...only thing is is that you can only seem to get it in the variety pack,,,,but that includes peanut butter which is another good one so it`s not too bad :D

Yeah I'm debating whether or not to just break down and buy a box of MRPs even though I still have my two 10lb bags of optimum chocolate and vanilla remaining..not full, but a lot left...MRPs are good b/c you dont' really need to add anytyhing to them, and I think they probably taste better than just 2 scoops of powder..do you agree?

IML Gear Cream!
Best tasting:

-Musclemeals by Musclelink
-Met RX chocolate
-Grow by Biotest
-Dorians MRP in choc
-Ultramet by Champion in choc

Yeah I'm debating whether or not to just break down and buy a box of MRPs even though I still have my two 10lb bags of optimum chocolate and vanilla remaining..not full, but a lot left...MRPs are good b/c you dont' really need to add anytyhing to them, and I think they probably taste better than just 2 scoops of powder..do you agree?

I think the taste difference btw. Whey and MRPs is very minimal.
Even though you don't have to add anything to the MRPs are you willing to risk getting all that extra sugar just to save a little time?

Originally posted by P-funk
I think the taste difference btw. Whey and MRPs is very minimal.
Even though you don't have to add anything to the MRPs are you willing to risk getting all that extra sugar just to save a little time?

Yeah...actually, because I'm adding 4-8 strawberries per shake...sometimes blueberries as well...and since I'm bulking I'm not TOO concerned about that in a MRP..I make sure I watch it in my other meals though.

Read the ingredients. Just because it says 2g doesn't mean that they have not added other sugars or sugar alcohols that don't need to be listed in the calorie count.....they gotta fill it with something.

Read the ingredients. Just because it says 2g doesn't mean that they have not added other sugars or sugar alcohols that don't need to be listed in the calorie count.....they gotta fill it with something.

Muscle Meals Info

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Packet (73 g)
Serving Per Box: 20
Amount Per Serving
Calories 324
Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g 17%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g 13%
Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g
Monounsaturated Fat 4.5 g
Cholesterol 45 mg 15%
Sodium 300 mg 12%
Potassium 600 mg 17%
Total Carbohydrate 12 g 4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars 2 g
Other Carbohydrate 10 g
Protein 40 g 80%
Glutamine Peptide 10 g
Conjugated Linoleic Acid 1.8 g

Vitamin A 2500 IU 50%
Vitamin C 60 mg 100%
Calcium 550 mg 60%
Iron 9.4 mg 50%
Vitamin D 200 IU 50%
Vitamin E 29 IU 100%
Vitamin K 32 mcg 40%
Thiamin 0.75 mg 50%
Riboflavin 1.1 mg 60%
Niacin 10 mg 50%
Vitamin B6 1 mg 50%
Folate 200 mcg 50%
Vitamin B12 3 mcg 50%
Biotin 150 mcg 50%
Pantothenic Acid 5 mg 50%
Phosphorus 580 mg 60%
Iodine 78 mcg 50%
Magnesium 278 mg 70%
Zinc 7.5 mg 50%
Selenium 34 mcg 50%
Copper 1 mg 50%
Manganese 1.86 mg 90%
Chromium 29 mcg 25%
Molybdenum 72 mcg 100%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Ingredients:
Pro-Fusion Proprietary Protein Blend (Complete Milk Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Egg Albumen, Glutamine Peptide), Anticatabolic Fat (Sunflower Oil, Lecithin, Borage Oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Mono and Diglycerides), Corn Syrup Solids, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Maltodextrin, Salt, Sodium Silicoaluminate, Sucralose.

how does it taste?

Originally posted by gopro
Best tasting:

-Musclemeals by Musclelink
-Met RX chocolate
-Grow by Biotest
-Dorians MRP in choc
-Ultramet by Champion in choc
Met RX has always been a favorite of mine. Just a little too think though. And musclemilk is great......would love to try Musclemeals!
Never even seen them.............

IML Gear Cream!
how does it taste?

MM is a thinner MRP. I think it is delicious and is the one I use most often. I really like the protein blend and the 10 g of glut peptides per serving! It also has healthy fats. Good stuff.

And freeman...I think MRPs taste far better than straight whey.

MM is a thinner MRP. I think it is delicious and is the one I use most often. I really like the protein blend and the 10 g of glut peptides per serving! It also has healthy fats. Good stuff.

And freeman...I think MRPs taste far better than straight whey.

GP, you don't like thick MRPs? Seems like it would taste better. I relate it to something like milk shakes...they are much better when thick :D

still got some carbs in it. i was looking for 0-3 grams of carbs and 20 and up of protein!

Originally posted by oceangurl01
still got some carbs in it. i was looking for 0-3 grams of carbs and 20 and up of protein!

Biotest puts out Low Carb Grow. I believe the carbs are real low.

Originally posted by kuso
Never having tried it I cannot say from my experience, but I`ve heard a few peeps say it is amoungst the worst :shrug:

I don't like the vanilla, but I think the choc is very good. Its a little different than other chocolates, but its very smooth and thick.

Originally posted by freeman1504
Hey GP, what about VPX's Micellean? I know you've used it, how does it rank on your list of MRPs? I'm awaiting a sample from david, but I'm itching to go up the street and grab a pack anyways! I need something tasty :D

To answer your above question. I sometimes get sick of the thick MRPs. I drink as many as 4 per day, so the thick one's can bloat me. Musclemeals never bloats me and tastes like chocolate milk.

As to Micellean. I think its the highest quality MRP out there. Its taste is not great, but very tolerable. I will be switching to it as I begin my contest prep.

I don't like the vanilla, but I think the choc is very good. Its a little different than other chocolates, but its very smooth and thick.

Cool, may just give it a go then

Back