• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Could it be the prune juice?

DaMayor

Un~Bulking
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Could it be the prune juice? (topic not related to traumatic squat induced diarrhea.)

Recently, I've read several articles, advertisements, and even a few discussions here that make mention of fellahs PUKING during work-outs. Now, not that I have any desire give into peer pressure or otherwise conform to this sort of behavior, but I think I'm missing something here. Yeah? I mean, when working out I've seen stars, spirits, spoken in tongues, came close to wetting myself and/or blowing a major gasket a couple of times, but I've never reached a state of nausea. Is there a medical explanation for this? Or are you boys going to McDonalds too close to work-out time?:barf:

Last edited:
It usually only happens to me when I do super sets and every now and again when I go real hard on legs. I think it may have something to do with the amount of blood you are moving but I am not really sure.

Originally posted by DaMayor Is there a medical explanation for this?

Yep, but I don't know what it is. :D Seriously, there are a number of reasons people get sick during a workout but it's mostly due to the intense physical stress of the workout itself. If you've seen stars, spoken in tongues, etc you're getting close. The thing to remember is that you don't have to go that far. Getting everthing out of a work out and/or a particular set is very important but you don't have to get sick for it to be effective. Most of the guys you hear bragging about puking after a set are just that, braggards.

Originally posted by DaMayor
Or are you boys going to McDonalds too close to work-out time?:barf:

No, that's AFTER the workout. :laugh:

Last edited:
I've only gotten sick once after a VERY intense leg workout, I may have had a touch of the flue at the time though cause its never happened since and my workouts are always intense.

Re: Re: Could it be the prune juice?

Originally posted by ALBOB
Yep, but I don't know what it is. :D Seriously, there are a number of reasons people get sick during a workout but it's mostly due to the intense physical stress of the workout itself. If you've seen stars, spoken in tongues, etc you're getting close. The thing to remember is that you don't have to go that far. Getting everthing out of a work out and/or a particular set is very important but you don't have to get sick for it to be effective. Most of the guys you hear bragging about puking after a set are just that, braggards.

No, that's AFTER the workout. :laugh:

Good post...well....not the mcdonalds part :p

Re: Re: Re: Could it be the prune juice?

Originally posted by w8lifter
Good post

But still no reward? You need to check out some of mmafiter's threads, I think I'm long overdue. :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Could it be the prune juice?

Originally posted by ALBOB
But still no reward? You need to check out some of mmafiter's threads, I think I'm long overdue. :D

I knew you'd ask...I was gonna do it on my own but I like to see you beg :D

STFU ALBOB!!!!! :p

I was expecting to read about diahrea during squats or something :lol:

Hey, I went to the gym last night and was doing some pretty intense db presses on the flat bench.... got to the last rep..my arms were on fire, bp was way up, the pain was excruciating.... and just as I thought I would drop the dang things on my head, I cranked out one last rep, squeezed at the top, and dropped the weights. As I got up from the bench, guess what? I DIDN'T PUKE!:dance:

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea...Does
that mean the fifth one enjoys it?

That's a resonable conclusion.

Biological response, my friends. You stimulate enough adrenaline, in addition to repeated intense strain, you will puke. The body rids itelf of what it does not need in order to deal with the threat at hand. (just goofin, no idea what im talking about.)

... or, of course, it is the McDonalds. i only puked after superheavy one arm dumbbell rows.

Diarrhea on squat day, could produce some of the same in your drawers. :D

I circuit trained my legs today....boy did i feel like puking!!!!

It's only ever happened to me during a full body circuit training style workout, and maybe once during a hardcore full body workout with pretty low rest intervals.

Back