• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

what do you guys think of this routine

slowpain

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
monday- back and legs , so I can incorperate deadlifts and cleans,

tuesday- chest

Wednesday-rest with a little cardio and abs

thursday- shoulders

Friday- bicepts/tricepts, and some light legs

saturday/sunday- cardio and abs

I would like to get some info on this, what I am trying to do is get a good split where I can incorperate more compound movements like deadlifts and power cleans I have never done these befor and have always kept to the basics, but I am plateuing and need to break through it... so I was thinking that deadlifts and cleans use pretty much your back and legs together so I thought I better put them together do you guys have any ideas on how to do a training split where you are going heavy deadlifts and cleans?

Monday looks very demanding (back and legs). Why not take a whole day of rest on Wednesday and incorporate the cardio and abs on Thursday's workout (shoulders)?

Doing back and legs together is way too much. Legs are better left on a day by themselves.

You have no real rest days, you're either weight training or doing cardio every day, add at least one full rest day.

You do not need to do more legs on Friday.

ok iv changed it around a little. the thing is I want to give each body part at least 3 days for large muscle groups and at least two days for small muscle goups of rest. So I am going to try

monday-Legs with deadlifts, and power cleans
tuesday-back/chest
wednesday-rest
thursday-shoulders
friday-arms

Like I said I just want to make sure that each body part gets enough rest before it is hit directly or indirectly any way
but it looks this way that my back is going to be hit again right afer I already did heavy dead lifts..I dont know

ok iv totaly changed it up again..

Now Im going to do 5 days strait and take off the weekends

Monday-legs/deadlifts no cleans cause I heard these hurt joints
tuesday-chest/abs
wednesday-back/calves
thursday-shoulders/abs
friday-arms/calves

this is the first time in 8 years of training I have ever tried a workout of this load but I am going to give it all iv got and see if I can't shock some growth. Its fun seeing as how I work as a landscaper 8 hours a day, then come home and to this.

A 5 day a week routine plus a manual labor job is going to be hard to keep up with, I wouldn't be surprised if you even went backward on your progress if you diet wasn't spot on.

I like it...looks similar to what I do in the off season

Do you have a 8 hour a day manual labor job to go with your 5 day a week routine to FF?

Nope...happy to say!

Current split is:

Day 1 - Back/Biceps / Calves
Day 2 - Quads / Hams
Day 3 - Delts / Traps / Calves
Day 4 - Chest / Triceps
Day 5 - REST

Abs are EOD after cardio

BUT....will only be doing this for 8 weeks...much longer would be overtraining IMO

IML Gear Cream!
My point was, I think he'd be better off taking a day off in the middle cause of his full time job being manual labour.

I agree, you should add a couple of rest days in between.

monday - legs/deadlifts
tuesday - rest
wednesday - chest/abs
thursday - back/calves
friday - rest
saturday - shoulders/abs
sunday - arms/calves

something like that.

100%...if you're training 5 days in a row AND have a physically demanding day job your workouts near the end of the week will likely suffer.

Have you though about 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off. You can work it out so that you train on the weekends so that you'll only have to train twice during the week.

yea I think you guys are right.. I am going to need some extra rest in there somewhere... The only problem is my training partner works only on weekends and we realy need to spot eachother. But if I am going to make it through this kind of program and make good gains while having a job that takes it out of me on its own, I am going to have to find some day in there where I can split it for a break.. Thanks for the advice guys..

Going to failure all the time and doing forced reps with a spotter is overated. I work out alone most of the time also. But I get someone for a spot whenever I need it.

Back