PDA

View Full Version : Simultaneous Muscle Gain/Weight (fat) Loss

Robert Parrish
12-28-2011, 06:44 AM
I've read a few similar threads, and wondering WHY such can't be done (or can it?).

I'm recovering from surgery 5 months ago, and put on 10 lbs while dormant (my bad, I know). Back at the gym lifting and doing cardio, but have been stuck on same weight for two months straight since.

Advice please.

Powermaster
12-28-2011, 07:03 AM
For most people unless they are chemically altered, their genetics and how their body partitions nutrient intake makes it difficult for them to simultaneously gain muscle mass and lose fat.
For most the best they can do is preserve muscle mass while cutting fat or add Muscle mass while putting on minimal fat.

johnniejr243
12-28-2011, 07:16 AM
I've read a few similar threads, and wondering WHY such can't be done (or can it?).

I'm recovering from surgery 5 months ago, and put on 10 lbs while dormant (my bad, I know). Back at the gym lifting and doing cardio, but have been stuck on same weight for two months straight since.

Advice please.

Alot of people try and fail to gain muscle and loose weight. Hell its hard to gain muscle
and stay cut. That why we have bulk and cut stages. If you want to loose weight
watch your calorie intake and do hiit. If you want to gain take in proper carbs and protein.
Either way, good luck with your goal!

GreenOx
12-28-2011, 09:05 AM

Advice please.

Are you trying to build muscle and lose BF% or are you looking to drop weight.
if you are looking to drop your weight and build muscle I don't think that's going to happen, you will gain weight (muscle weight) If you are looking to burn up some BF try pinning some frag.

Robert Parrish
12-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Are you trying to build muscle and lose BF% or are you looking to drop weight.

Lose body fat; I didn't gain much muscle lying around for two months after the surgery. I'll probably just intensify the cardio sessions and see what hap

awhites1
01-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Is Concurrent Muscle Gain and Fat Loss Possible? (http://www.ironmagazine.com/2011/is-concurrent-muscle-gain-and-fat-loss-possible/)