• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

protein shake recipies

Jemal

all natural
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I take my protein to school with me, and currently just use whey protein and water (ordering some dextrose though... How much of this should i add? I'm 120 lb male).

Just ordered a mini battery powered blender, and wondering what else I could add to make my shake taste better :barf: and whatnot?
What are some of the things you guys have tried and like in the past?:barf:

Try this if your on a mass gaining schedule.....

3 Sccops Whey / 750ml Skim Milk / Banana / 2Tbsp Peanut Butter

Blend together and separate into 2 bottles...one for mid-morning snack and a second for mid-afternoon.

It's tasty, contains plenty of protein as well as some fruit and diary along with adequate fat. If your cutting this wouldn't be the best thing to do but at 120lbs I'm assuming you'd like to add muscle.

Did you ordered that battery operated blender that they have at bodybuilding.com?

Any given meal should have protein/carbs/fats. The amount and ratio's will vary depending on the individual, what his/her caloric needs are and what ratio's they prefer.

I would stay away from banana's and milk, it might be okay for you right now, but it will lead to problems down the road (insulin resistance).

To make a shake, add protein powder (however much you need for that specific meal), apple/berries, some kind of fat (like flax, safflower, hemp oi, p-nut butter, heavy cream or if you're completely hardcore olive oil). Like i said the amounts will vary depending on how many cal's your taking in that day etc.

If you are taking that shake to school and drinking whey with water or whey with water and dextrose I would say this is a big no, no. The only time straight whey is cool to drink on an empty stomach is post w/o. Any other time you need to slopw down it's digestion. If you can't blend it at school then bring the powder and mix it with water but be sure to consume some fats and slow carbs before drinkiing it. Since you are trying to gain you could eat a peanut butter sandwich(all natural pb is best) on whole grain bread. Or have some brown rice with some veggies mixed in and .5-1tbsp of oil (flax or olive oil bith are good choices.) Another favorite of mine is 1/4-1/2c oatmeal (you can use a microwave if your school has one to cook your oats. just don't use the pre-packed instant crap.) and mix in 1tbsp of all natural pb or a cut up apple.

How can you possibly make a comment like eating a banana and some milk each day will lead to "insulin resistance"...bud..I have to say that is one left-fielded remark...no flaming...just MHO

Originally posted by Fit Freak
How can you possibly make a comment like eating a banana and some milk each day will lead to "insulin resistance"...bud..I have to say that is one left-fielded remark...no flaming...just MHO

Insulin resistance is a result of elevated insulin levels over a long period of time. Long period of time being years and years, thats what i meant by "down the road" it won't give him any problems now or next year or the year after that. But wait for him to hit his mid/late 20's and he will have a problem. Keep eating like shyt and you've got diabetes when you're 50.

I know what insulin resistance is...but having a banana and drinking milk is not like eating unhealthy foods. Moderate consumption of dairy and fruits (bananas) WILL never lead to insulin resistance...unless he decides to eat 20 a day

Niether me nor you know if he is or is not pre-disposed to being IR. I'm just giving him a safer route to take now, when he's young. Its better to get into a lifestyle when you are younger then try to change everything when your 30 and have 50lbs of fat hanging from your gut.

IML Gear Cream!
I still disagree that eating a banana and milk will cause this...he will likely fall into that IR trap if you regularly consumes too many overly processed carbs like candy, pop, white floured products, instant rice, pasta, etc.

I just don't think we should advise young people to avoid seemingly healthy food choices....especially when you're young and developing.

We should emphasize that he eats quality carbs like whole wheat grains, fruitsa, vegetables, etc....as well as several varieties of quality protein sources (eggs, chiocken, beef, tuna, fish, etc.) and healthy fats.

Balance, moderation, and variety are the keys to developing a healthy lifelong nutritional plan. That definately entails avoiding cutting out food groups.

As for me I will agree to disagree on this subject...he can read all the advice and make his own choices.

I'm not trying to be confrentational...if I came off as being so I apoligize.

Cheers...FF

FF,

okay, i will also agree to disagree, and i didn't want to start anything either. Just trying to give advice that i think is best (guess we're both guilty of that).:thumb:

Back