• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Lose body fat, How is this Diet while training

fearx24

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Monday and Tuesday I lift weights
Weds. run 45 mins.
Thurs. & Friday Lift
then on saturday & sunday I am running 45 mins each day.

I am 5'8" and weigh 155lbs. I am shooting for defination especially in the ab area where soft and want to lower bf%.

My eating habits I started consist of these

Breakfast: Protein shake and cereal.
snack: granola bar
Lunch: 6" Sub with chicken Breast and cookie
snack: 1 small serving of beef jerky with 16g protein
supper: 1/2 can green beans with 7oz skinless chicken breast
small 100 calorie snack late at night. I am getting in around 140g of protein I think and around 1500- 1700 calories a day. how is something like this or what should I change.

Thanks

I am not the ultimate expert on diet like DP & w8lifter, but here is my evaluation ;)

Originally posted by fearx24
My eating habits I started consist of these

Breakfast: Protein shake and cereal.
sounds okay, but elaborate (type of cereal?).

very bad choice, at least change this to a protein bar

not the best choice in the world, drop the cookie definitely.

snack: 1 small serving of beef jerky with 16g protein
should add something else here besides beef jerky.

supper: 1/2 can green beans with 7oz skinless chicken breast
that's fine, adding some fat here would not hurt.

small 100 calorie snack late at night.
what is it? a protein shake would be good here.

overall, protein is a bit low, carb sources are weak & sucky, and I see very little on EFA's?

are you using any supplements? what kind of protein shake is it?

What do you estimate your current bf% to be? How low are ou trying to take it?

If you want to drop bf% your diet needs some work:

Breakfast: Protein shake and cereal
Protien shakes are okay. If it is whey protein make sure you mix it with some sort of fat and some slow burning carbs. Cereal is not the best choice. It has a high glycemic index and is mostly sugar. Milk is sugar also in the form of lactose. Slow buringi carbs are better. Try oatmeal (not the instant junk), olfashioned rolled oats or steel cut oats. Eggs are also a good choice for breakfast.

Granola bars have a lot of sugar. There is not enough calories here to call this a meal and it is not balanced (ie protein/carbs/fat)
How about some tuna fish and olive oil and some brocoli or any green veggie that you prefer. chicken breast or turkey are also good choices.

Bread has a high glycemic index and a lot of carbs and a cookie isn;t going to help you lose body fat. Need a better protien source like chicken, tuna, eggs, fish, turkey, red meat. Drop the bread and have some brown rice or a sweet potato w/some butter instead.

The othe rmeals go pretty much the same way. Also you are not getting enough protien or calories to really make a change in your body.

Some good general rules:
1)eat at least 1-1.5g of protien per lb. body weight
2) For maintenace calories multiply body weight x 15cals per lb. In this case 155 x 15=2325cals to maintain current bw. Start there and then to cut start around bw x 12. A good ratio in my opinion to start with is 50%protein/30carbs/20%fats. Then work the carbs down from there to cut.
3)Balance all you meals out to be about the exact amount of cals/protien/carbs/fats. Choose clow burning carb choices like oatmeal, sweetpotatos, brown rice and green veggies. Eat quality protiens like chicken, turkey, eggs, red meat, fish and use protien shakes, especially post w/o. Eat healthy fats like olive oil, flax seed oil and fish oil. Do a search for w8lifters shopping list here to get more expamples of food choices.

About your traingin split:
You don't need that much cardio.
On the lifting days which muscles are you lifting when? Are those full body routines 4 times a week? Or are your muscle groups split up?

I just figured a cookie with a meal wouldnt be that bad considering it would probably burn off and add to calories if anything. I never have really tried to burn body fat or cared to but man how bad could a cookie or something be a day, wont it easily burn off. That was just a rough example of my eating habits but woudlnt I atleast be burning some fat with that. how about some soups are they any good. ex: chicken and noodle soups with beef. I am not very experience with lifting weights a whole lot. Just started a month or two ago. Former cross country runner so 155lbs is about 15 pounds heavier then when I was a runner. Most fat went to my mid section. Anyway does it matter how fast I run that 30mins or 45 mins. Cause I can get 7 miles in 45mins.

I want to lose that fat but lift weights also, because I have really love to lift now, I enjoy it. I will post my weight training program here. I got the program from personal trainer MensHealth.com Entered a bunch of stats and info and it prints me out new workouts everyday and adjust to my progress so I see how well that goes.

my workout is close to this:
Monday: Chest, Tris, Abs
Tuesday : Thighs, calves, lowerback, abs
weds : run
Thurs: shoulders, traps, abs
Friday: Biceps, Back, Forearms
oh and they are whey protein shakes I try to get in.

So to loose I would need to take 155x12 and eat roughly 1860 calories a day.

Nick

Last edited:
Shopping list!

sugar-free low carb protein powder
lean beef
chicken breast
turkey breast
fresh fish
canned tuna
canned salmon
eggs
creamed cottage cheese**
hard cheese **
sweet potatoes
yams
long grain brown rice
old fashioned oats
steel cut oats
eggplant
squash
romaine lettuce
spinach
asparagus
avocado
broccoli
brussels sprouts
cabbage
cauliflower
cucumbers
celery
peppers (any color)
mushrooms
string beans
zucchini
apples
bananas**
fresh or frozen (w/o syrup) berries
peaches
grapefruit
heavy whipping cream (35% ....NOT whipped cream the dessert topping)
olive oil
safflower oil
flax seed oil
walnut oil
almonds
walnuts
natural sugar-free peanut butter

** Not all foods on this list should be used at all times...the banana for instance should only be used during a carb up and/or a bulk.

Why do I feel like I should have that list memorized by now?:spin:

Why do I feel like I should have that list memorized by now?

because it's fuggin important:D

No, that was my point....hair-trigger. :lol: It has been listed frequently enough that we should all know it by heart. :yes: I must commend w8 on her persistence.:rolleyes: (Yes I just complimented w8.)

Originally posted by DaMayor
No, that was my point....hair-trigger. :lol: It has been listed frequently enough that we should all know it by heart. :yes: I must commend w8 on her persistence.:rolleyes: (Yes I just complimented w8.)

Thank you :) (although sometimes I lose it) ;) :p ....try not to though :grin:

Back