• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

72 year old making healthy comeback

neptune1939

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Out the gate I'm a heart patient and type II diabetic. I ended 2011 going in and out of the ER on five different occasions and on each of these spent 2 to 5 days being bed ridden. I've been a heart patient since 1987 and have followed what I thought was a fairly good diet to keep my cholesterol down.

But in May 2011 after being diagnosed as type II diabetic (A1c value of 7.2) my health went down just too damn fast. At the time with a height of 6' my weight was 206 with a body fat of around 28% (based on an electronic scale). After my last hospital event my lean body mass was 132 Lbs and BF weight at 42 Lbs.

The year closed with me completing 36 sessions of cardiac rehab that included cardio exercises, strength training and three weeks of nutrition classes. From there my personal progress journal began on Sunday, January 8, 2012. It started after finishing Joe Venuto's "BFFM". In addition
to strength training I walk 30 minutes a day and do moderate cardio exercises 4-days a week. My A1c values are now down to 5.4%.

For nutrients over the same time period have averaged:
Calories 2,177 with Healthy Carbs at 57%; Healthy Fats at 17%; Lean Protein that includes Whey supplements at 26%.

As of Sunday February 19th I entered my 6th week of changing my life style that is closer to that of a body builder. I use a “MyoTape” for measurements, an “Accu-Measure” for BF calculations, and an electronic scale for weight. Data is entered on an “Excel” spreadsheet.

Using a 200 Lb Hoist Model H-310 cable gym (20-year old system) workouts are as follows:
Sunday; Triceps, Biceps, and Forearms

Monday; Lat Pull Down’s wide grip and close grip, Seated Mid-row, Ab Crunch, and Delta Upright Rows

Wednesday; Leg Press, Leg Curls, Leg Extensions, and Calf Raises

Friday; Rear Delts, Pec Fly, Incline Press, Bench Press

Following BFFM nutrition guides and information gleaned from IM articles my LBM and Fat weight data is as follows: (after Hospital Release LBM 132 Lbs Fat 42 Lbs).
Jan 14 LBM 141.37 Fat 31.03

Jan 21 LBM 148.4 Fat 24.16

Jan 28 LBM 149.64 Fat 24.36

Feb 04 LBM 152.77 Fat 22.83

Feb 11 LBM 155.58 Fat 21.2

I know that I have a way to go. Your articles are a great help in tweaking my current program, Earl

Welcome to IM and you are an amazing inspiration. I hope i am still going strong at 72!

Welcome, good luck and stay healthy. Lots of info here.

Hi Neptune1939.

Great to have you aboard!

Welcome to IRONMAG Earl,
It's great to see you here and your making great strides already :winkfinger:

IML Gear Cream!
thats some good work man .... i will be hittin weights till i die either for fitness or mass strength. WELCOME to THE Iron Mag

Holy SHIT!! 72 and still hitting it, even after those medical setbacks. A lot of people would give up on managing their disease states proactively after so much bullshit. You're awesome man, serious!

I'm just sitting here thinking about all the shit you got to live through. You got to beat off to Marilyn Monroe while she was still alive!! That's awesome.

When I worked at a gym all my favorite dudes to talk to were the old-timers, they always had the craziest friggin stories.

Welcome Earl where the girls in the 50s as horny as they are now?

Welcome Earl where the girls in the 50s as horny as they are now?

Hi D-Lats, yes they were just as horney, beautiful, and possessive. Didn't have as many VD scares back then either. Some could even throw you and blow you before you could dick em and lick em. :winkfinger:
LOL Have a great workout my friend. Earl

Hahaha awesome Earl!! Good to have you on board:) anything i can help you with let me know!

Back