• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

to run or not to run

Sacto95827

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been lifting about two months now (I know, I know...that's nothing), and my goal is to increase muscle mass and decrease body fat. I've been weighing myself constantly but I seem to gain no weight. So here's the question, when you are trying to bulk up, should I be running? I run three times a week for about 20 minutes using intensity training. Any feedback would be appreciated...Thanks!!!

If you are bulking up, running is a no no. The only cardio you should do at all is riding a bike in the gym for 5 minutes or so. That helps me get my blood flowing and warm up. You won't put on weight if you are running as much as you are. If you want bulk, eat more food with protein and take in more calories than you burn. Get some protein shakes and some glutamine, then go to work. You will add weight, and most of it good weight. You have to decide what you want, bulk or lean. You can't have both at the same time.

Running is not ideal but if it's something you want to do you CAN still gain weight...you will just need to consume more calories tomake up for what you're buringing when running.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the input guys!

It's up to you. I prefer to not run. For me, it's hard for me to find enough time as it is to lift, usually before classes. So I don't have the extra time I'd need to do cardio. But, if you really still want to, you can bump up your caloric intake throughout the day to offset it.

Originally posted by Sacto95827
I've been weighing myself constantly but I seem to gain no weight.
I run three times a week for about 20 minutes using intensity training. Any feedback would be appreciated...Thanks!!!

Well, if your not loosing weight either, it is possible that you are putting on LBM while dropping Body Fat, for most beginners, you can get away with doing both but as you become more advanced and your Body fat gets lower, you will not be able to bulk up effectively while doing any cardio.

If you are dropping Body fat and your weight is staying the same, I'd keep doing what your doing for now.

It's all personal preference, but running is the hardest form of cardio on the body, but also usually the most effective. Sooooo, maybe stick the to the amount of time you spend on cardio but switch to an elliptical machine or bike. You'll probably spend less calories inthe same amount of time and your body will be able to go a lot harder during lifting. GL.:D

Back