PDA

View Full Version : testosterone therapy and hair loss

dyna
03-05-2012, 11:55 AM
i am in my forties and have low T; 305 ng. i have used cypionate at 100 mgs per week with great success along with some hcg. even though i do have hair i cant help that wonder : eventually the T will cause hair loss if i am on long enough. does it take about 6 months to a year for dht to build up so much that hair loss will occur whether you have a gene for baldness or not ? is it a case where T at 100-125 mgs per week will eventually cause anyone to lose hair?
that is my concern because as i said, i do have hair and kind of cherish it.
btw: reason for low T is due to using AAS on and off for 15 years. that said, i never ever went heavy and always took 3 months off. i did use deca quite a bit but not heavt dosages and i have no tumors or anything else. my LH is low as well which really shows its an HPTA issue.

brazey
03-05-2012, 01:44 PM
IMO the T might hurry it along IF you are susceptible to hair loss. If you're not you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

TonyMack
03-05-2012, 02:56 PM
IMO the T might hurry it along IF you are susceptible to hair loss. If you're not you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

^^^ Agree

DHT concentration in the scalp is one of the contributing factors for hair loss, but, I can't seem to find much evidence linking serum DHT levels and increased concentrations of DHT in scalp. I think this is where your genetics play a role.

If you are concerned, you could always take something to inhibit 5-alpha reduction and use something to block DHT directly on scalp.

charley
03-06-2012, 02:35 PM
:wits:

gamma
03-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Hairs is overrated , long you test is pimping f-it,of course my has been nill for a few years now!!! lol

IMO the T might hurry it along IF you are susceptible to hair loss Yeah if its in your jeans its only spend the process up at high dose , I not a 100% but I don't think if your values are super low and you jus supplementing back to a normal level, you might not have as much to worries about . There are a few things you can take to you keep hair loss down minimal. Rogaine is otc and there is Propecia which you need a scrip for unless you get the Research chem version And the gernaric name for that is finasteride.

heavyiron
03-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Depends mostly on your genetics.

If you have used aas on and off for 15 years and don't have hair loss then you have your answer.

lonniebatt21
03-09-2012, 06:03 AM
its got everything to do with genetics, I have experienced some receeding in my early twenties and it basically stopped I started with TRT in my late forties and at this time I starting weight training and have been cycling too and the hairloss has returned and I have a history of it in my family ,, it all depends on how you or your scalp responds to DHT because it is a by product of most compounds and it destroys the hair follicle and if you are affected by it then it IS GOING TO HAPPEN,,,, I have lost alot of my hair since I have been on TRT an of course when I decide to do a cycle

lonniebatt21
03-09-2012, 06:10 AM
I have been on TRT also and have a history of hairloss in my family and yes my hair has started to fall out again I experienced hairloss in my mid twenties for a few years and it stopped leaving me with a receeded hairline and since the TRT and I have also done a few cycles also it has returned.. the TRT was my reason for starting my weight training and I have had to accept that hairloss is what I am going to deal with,, yep its a bummer but looking like shit is far more worse

gamma
03-09-2012, 06:38 AM
Jus go with the clean shave look , saves time and money