• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Trazodone and lifting... and barfing.

troubador

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I'm taking Trazodone for anxiety/depression. Since I bumped the dose to 100mg (doctor prescribed), the two times I've lifted at that dose I got really nauseous about halfway through my workout. Felt like I was going to vomit and pass out. I also felt dizzy(that drugged up kind of dizzy). I go back to the doctor next week but I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this. I know some here have taken it for trensomnia.

Trazodone takes a bit to get used to the side effects. It does get better with time. One of the reasons a lot of docs bring the dosage up gradually. Hope you feel better soon.

Are you taking it at night?

Is Trazodone a seratonin , norepinephrine up taker. I always thought it wasn't .. I was prescribed Trazodone for sleep and it didn't agree with me at all. I was lethargic and dehydrated

Is Trazodone a seratonin , norepinephrine up taker. I always thought it wasn't .. I was prescribed Trazodone for sleep and it didn't agree with me at all. I was lethargic and dehydrated

If I don't get like 8-9 hours of sleep I can hardly get out of bed.

trazodone while lifting? I would not use trazodone during the day, at all. Its overwhelming and makes me feel like a drugged up psychotic. Horrible for day time use, however it makes an ok sleep aid. Id use it at night instead.

I take 25-50mg every night for sleep and I feel great while training. I do sleep 10 hrs if I can.

If your taking it before training your gonna be napping.
ALso....its not really a great anti depressant. More of an antipsychotic and certainly not one thats good for daily use unless your MANIC all the time.
Wellbutrin is a great daytime one.

I always take it right before bed.

Trazodone is an SARI.

I don't know why they have you on traz for anxiety. That's retarded. The VA has me on zoloft for anxiety/PTSD and trazodone for sleep, up to 100mg/night. I can sleep a solid six hours on traz. Try to get your doc to switch you to zoloft, buspar, or one of the other SSRIs, they work much better for anxiety. Benzos are wonderful, but they slow me down too much. I prefer xanax, klonopin, lorazepam, or temazepam for when I'm coming down off coke lol.

IML Gear Cream!
I use Trazodone with Librium for sleep . I normally take 1 with 2 librium for sleep and sometimes 1 /2 -2 tabs .
It was explained to me Trazodone is for sleep , although classified as a anti-depressant .

I have never felt sick , only groggy since my doc explained it kicks in quick and can last in your system for quite some time .

If the symptoms persist , you need to speak to your doc and maybe he can prescribe something else .

I take 25-50mg every night for sleep and I feel great while training. I do sleep 10 hrs if I can.

If your taking it before training your gonna be napping.
ALso....its not really a great anti depressant. More of an antipsychotic and certainly not one thats good for daily use unless your MANIC all the time.
Wellbutrin is a great daytime one.

This

Trazodone's has a bi-phasic halflife, and its first halflife is approx six hours. The first halflife is the one that induces sleep, the second has more of an anti-depressant/anti-anxilotic effect. The second halflife is approx 8-10 hours.

Trazodone makes me very tired at 100mg, enough to make me feel almost dizzy. I can't focus if I stay awake for too long.

I can't take any anti-depressants. They don't agree w/ my body and make anxiety more acute. I take Klonopin at night and ride the half life into the next day and I have 0 anxiety- which I've had since childhood. But, you can't come off cold turkey! I think that goes for any benzodiazepines ..

I think Trazodone works well for sleep issues. I don't get the Librium for sleep. I thought this was a drug used primarily for detox patients.

If the symptoms persist , you need to speak to your doc and maybe he can prescribe something else .

I've also noticed blurry vision and I don't know if it's related but my joints have felt drier and pop more. On top of all that I'm not sure it's doing shit for what it's suppose to.

i never had a problem with it... i used to take 150 mg a day

Back