• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Negatives

MeanCuts

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I found doing EZ-Bar negatives(biceps/triceps) with medium weight work really well.I really like negatives and get a lot from them.Anybody else do negatives with other muscle groups or do different neg with biceps/triceps?

I don't have a partner so doing negatives are pretty much out, I do them with bb bench in a cage but not very often.

I do them every other week on the decline machine press and just recently on the leg extentions.

I don't put a weight that is too heavy up on purpose, but at the end of a set i may do a couple. There is the safety issue though.

If you used very heavy weight and had a good spotter they could be of use, but if you look at the extra amount of stress you're putting on your joints, tendons, etc. and the safety issue, they're just not worth it IMO.

btw, the negatives you're doing TCD are not negatives in the true sense of the "negative principle".

Originally posted by Scotty the Body
I don't have a partner so doing negatives are pretty much out, I do them with bb bench in a cage but not very often.

I've done negatives on bench before and liked them but like you said gotta have a partner.

Originally posted by Prince
no, and to be honest with you not only do I think they're worthless, they can be dangerous as well.

Hmm well i think negatives are anything but worthless.I feel more muscle tension and fatigue using negatives with my arm workouts and this is a good thing.

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
I do them every other week on the decline machine press and just recently on the leg extentions.

I don't put a weight that is too heavy up on purpose, but at the end of a set i may do a couple. There is the safety issue though.

I don't put too much weight on either and i also use them towards the end of a workout.I've never thought about using them on leg extentions but I will now that you mentioned it :thumb:

Originally posted by MeanCuts
Hmm well i think negatives are anything but worthless.I feel more muscle tension and fatigue using negatives with my arm workouts and this is a good thing.

okay, well you let me know the day that fatigue causes hypertrophy! :thumb:

(I am being sarcastic)

I don't put too much weight on either and i also use them towards the end of a workout.

If you're not doing 'true negatives', which means more weight than you can lift by yourself (150% of your 1 rep max), they will do anything but cause a bit of extra fatigue, not growth.

IML Gear Cream!
If you're not doing 'true negatives', which means more weight than you can lift by yourself (150% of your 1 rep max), they will do anything but cause a bit of extra fatigue, not growth.

I know what you mean by "true negatives" and no I i'm not doing those.Every time you lift there's a pos and a neg and i'm talking about focusing on the neg instead of the pos.In my opinion muscle fatigue and tension are good growth factors.

okay, well you let me know the day that fatigue causes hypertrophy! :thumb:

(I am being sarcastic)

I'm young dammit(27) I can get away with anything :D

(A little sarcasm of my own)

I know what you mean by "true negatives" and no I i'm not doing those.Every time you lift there's a pos and a neg and i'm talking about focusing on the neg instead of the pos.In my opinion muscle fatigue and tension are good growth factors.

I am not saying that the eccentric part of a rep is unimportant, but what you're doing is not really a negative, and all it will do is cause unnecessary fatigue. Fatigue does not cause overload on a muscle and does not make it grow, it just prevents you from doing heavier weights on your succeeding sets.

I am only trying to help here, not argue. :)

I agree with prince. When performing negatives you are using a weight that is over your 1 rep max for that particular exercise and having a spotter lift the weight for you in the concentric portion of the exercise while you perform only the eccentric. If you are lifting the wieght yourself and then slowley lowering it that is not really "doing negatives".

couldn't agree with you more Prince! :thumb: I see people doing this all the time telling me that they are doing negatives. i'm like yeah, whatever if you can perform the rep on your own then you are not doing a negative!

The negatives Prince was reffering to are the same I was taking about as well, Using more weight than you could lift for a one rep max.

:) Well that's what me and my partners called them anyways i like them and think they work great

btw, the negatives you're doing TCD are not negatives in the true sense of the "negative principle".

Well i suppose it depends how you look at it.

All Weider did was take training ideas/techniques off others and gave them a fancy name to market them for money.

Smart man.:thumb:

Back