PDA

View Full Version : Something to slip the wives

kuso
03-11-2003, 05:30 PM
Supplement your sex life!

March 12, 2003

A new clinical trial has revealed that high-dose vitamin C (ascorbic acid) supplementation increases the frequency of sex.
Dr Stuart Brody, of the University of Trier in Germany, conducted a two-week trial on the effect that high dose (3g/daily) vitamin C supplementation has on sex.

Healthy men and women with a current sexual partner (52 females and 29 males, with an average age of 24 years) received either a vitamin C supplement or a placebo daily, for 14 days.

Subjects had their plasma vitamin C levels determined and then completed the Beck Depression Inventory (a self reporting depression rating scale), at the beginning and end of the trial.

At the beginning of the trial, the men and women also completed a measure of social desirability response bias and provided a partnership satisfaction rating.

During the trial , they completed a daily diary recording of sexual intercourse and other types of sexual activity.

Results
The diary revealed:
Sexual intercourse days were significantly greater in the vitamin C group.
Vitamin C supplementation specifically impacted sexual intercourse and not other types of sexual activity.
Women were most responsive to vitamin C supplementation.
Subjects who were not living with their sexual partner had a greater frequency of sexual intercourse.
Duration of cohabitation was inversely related to frequency of sexual intercourse.
Another benefit of vitamin C supplementation was found from the Beck Depression Inventory scales. Decreases in depression scores were found in the vitamin C group, but not the placebo group.
It is thought that a mild antidepressant effect of vitamin C might benefit a broader range of subjects than just those with a readiness to take action to improve their sexual intercourse frequency.

>> return to TOP

REFERENCES
Brody, S. High-dose ascorbic acid increases intercourse frequency and improves mood: a randomised controlled clinical trial. Biol Psychiatry. 2001;52:371-4
Note: This trial used a sustained release vitamin C supplement. High doses of vitamin C may increase oestrogen levels in oral contraceptive and hormone replacement therapy. Withdrawal of high-dose vitamin C use should be gradual to avoid sudden oestrogen decrease.

MJ23
03-12-2003, 05:50 AM
Vitamin C huh....Okie

ALBOB
03-12-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by kuso .
Subjects who were not living with their sexual partner had a greater frequency of sexual intercourse.

Well sure, if she's not there to keep interrupting you and your girlfriend, of course you're gonna get laid more. What a stupid survey. :rolleyes:

Crono1000
03-12-2003, 01:24 PM
:finger:

TxChick
03-12-2003, 08:17 PM
guess the Orange Juice is going in the trashcan tonight....:laugh:

Geez, I would hate to see what I was like if I increased my Vit C intake....poor hubby would break. :laugh:

ALBOB
03-13-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by TxChick
guess the Orange Juice is going in the trashcan tonight....:laugh:

Geez, I would hate to see what I was like if I increased my Vit C intake....poor hubby would break. :laugh:

NOOOOOOOOO, don't do that. Don't you know that's one of man's greatest fantasies? What a way to go. :thumb:

naturaltan
03-13-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by ALBOB
Well sure, if she's not there to keep interrupting you and your girlfriend, of course you're gonna get laid more. What a stupid survey. :rolleyes:

or if she is getting 'in between' the action, then you will also get laid more or so I hear

MJ23
03-13-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by ALBOB

Well, Thats KUSO at his BEST
:funny: :funny: :funny: