PDA

View Full Version : TRT / Test Only Cycle Question ....

gannimal007
04-09-2012, 05:19 AM
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. 38, 230#, 18ish% BF. I started TRT 10 months ago and ran 375mg cyp on weekly injections for about 4 months. I now realize that what I did was a long, slow cycle ... I made great gains in my lifting but when the acne started to get real bad I began to reasearch and I dialed back the test and started an AI (all of my trt is self prescribed and honestly, I just took someone's advice and blindly ran with it from the get go .... I'm a little smarter now).

For the last 4 or 5 months I've been on 250 mg/week, I split my injections and take 125 on sunday morning and 125 on wednesday night. I take 1 mg Arimidex with each injection. My acne has gotten better but is not completely gone and if it doesn't clear up in a month, I'll get accutane but that's another story and not the main question in this post. I'm just giving all this info for background ... Also, the last 3 months I have tapered off my lifting and have trained for a half marathon which I completed last week so, now, I'm going to start lifting again.

I had thought about running elevated test for another 2 or 3 months while I start lifting again and regain/surpass my previous PRs but, I had another idea and wanted to run this by everybody here:

I'm following Wendler 5/3/1. Which means, basically, that it's a slow progression and not a rocket ride. what I'm thinking is to slowly increase my test each month as that is when each wendler cycle will start over. Basically, I want to increase the test by 50mg/week every month and see how long I can ride it up? Maybe up to 450/500 mg/ week at which point I should be smashing my previous 1RMs.

Has anybody ever tried something like this? I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section - if so, please move it or ask me to and I'll repost in a different forum.