PDA

View Full Version : just got on trt. few questions..

meow
04-12-2012, 10:46 AM
So doc just put me on trt for having t level if an 80 years old man at 28 (not from AAS mind you). 200 mg test cyp once a month, do y'all think its kind of low? Not to mention with the half life of 10-14 days.

On the plus side, $10 for 5ml of test cyp is pretty sweet.:p

bulldogz
04-12-2012, 10:55 AM
That is low...you'll feel like shit by the end of the 2nd week after the shot..

I would split the 200mg dose to get 50mg every week..

Or you can take the shot and then do bloods by the end of the 2nd or even wait until the middle of 3rd week to show your doc the test levels dropped dramatically...

This will more than likely give you atleast 100mg per week...

Good luck!

S_walker
04-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Your doc is an idiot! Just my $.02 worth

brazey
04-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Agree. All he's doing is making you feel worse than before. See if you can do self injections and if so do 50 ew as suggested. He'll probably increase your dose after the next bw.

meow
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Great info guys. I'm going to discuss this with the doc next time I go in to see her. I was really hoping for 100mg/week also.

NVRBDR
04-12-2012, 12:54 PM
do not even bother taking a shot thats going to mess you up even worse. you need at least 1oomgs per week, preferably 200mgs per week

Kleen
04-12-2012, 01:00 PM
I can see her trying to pull that off with Test Decoanote since it is a longer ester but with CYP that just makes no sense at all. Like others said the CYP is about a 2 week half life. How does she expect you to feel. Here is a 200mg shot to shut you the rest of the way down so that the following 2 weeks you can be moody and miserable. Screw that...

muscleicon
04-13-2012, 06:01 AM
The majority of the Dr. dont go by feel just strictly on the no. on the blood test. My Dr. had me on one injection, 200 mgs every two weeks. I recently had labs done. First lab was 3 days after my injection and my levels were 1140 on a scale of 250-850. Did another blood test 11 days after injection and my levels dropped to 218 on a scale of 250-850! Just goes to show how much it drops off in that time. My Dr. changed mine to one injection, 100 mg, per week which SHOULD keep me pretty level.

S_walker
04-13-2012, 06:32 AM
My dr has me on 250mg once a week. To me that should be the standard for TRT. When I'm not on cycle and just cruising my test scores are 1100. I have a great dr who is up to date on replacement therapy. I got lucky is all I can say. I would suggest printing out some data on test half life and present your case to your Dr or find a new one.

blergs.
04-13-2012, 06:41 AM
So doc just put me on trt for having t level if an 80 years old man at 28 (not from AAS mind you). 200 mg test cyp once a month, do y'all think its kind of low? Not to mention with the half life of 10-14 days.

On the plus side, $10 for 5ml of test cyp is pretty sweet.:p

I sware I think I know more than most Doc's out there when it comes to horomones.

tell him you want to try 100-150mg every 2 weeks (and that is FAR to long in my op and should be weekly)
If he is not hard headed tell him you want to try 100mg every week and that you have talked to alot of people (and a family member that is a doc) and they all agree 1 time a month shots are not the best way to go about it and thet weekly shots are the most stable.

unless its test undec NO WAY should it be teste 1 time a month.

blergs.
04-13-2012, 06:42 AM
my dr has me on 250mg once a week. To me that should be the standard for trt. When i'm not on cycle and just cruising my test scores are 1100. I have a great dr who is up to date on replacement therapy. I got lucky is all i can say. I would suggest printing out some data on test half life and present your case to your dr or find a new one.

this-----^

joboco
04-13-2012, 01:29 PM
My dr has me on 250mg once a week. To me that should be the standard for TRT. When I'm not on cycle and just cruising my test scores are 1100. I have a great dr who is up to date on replacement therapy. I got lucky is all I can say. I would suggest printing out some data on test half life and present your case to your Dr or find a new one.

As above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hoyle21
04-13-2012, 01:31 PM
My doctor put me on 200mgs once a week. Sounds like I really lucked out having him.

Grant_73
04-13-2012, 01:31 PM
The majority of the Dr. dont go by feel just strictly on the no. on the blood test. My Dr. had me on one injection, 200 mgs every two weeks. I recently had labs done. First lab was 3 days after my injection and my levels were 1140 on a scale of 250-850. Did another blood test 11 days after injection and my levels dropped to 218 on a scale of 250-850! Just goes to show how much it drops off in that time. My Dr. changed mine to one injection, 100 mg, per week which SHOULD keep me pretty level.

Holly Crap that is a quick drop. My test levels were 1097 so the doc had me take a break for 8 weeks. When I had my levels checked, my test dropped to 640.

groomer
04-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Less than 200/wk is only going to set you back and make you feel worse IMO

IAMLEGEND1
04-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Thats what my dr wants me to do too, 200mg once a month, right now Im on Axiron a new gel just to see what it does and how my body absorbs it

tommygunz
04-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Find a new doc period.

joboco
04-14-2012, 02:36 AM
Find a new Doc or self prescribe on that starting dose you will be a Ginny pig for a long time and it's you that will feel crap not your useless Doc. Dont put up with it. Sometimes you have to be forceful and kick ass.

s2h
04-14-2012, 05:43 AM
clearly your doctor has good intentions but is very poorly versed on trt use...she is just looking at a screen on a pc that spits out dosing info when stats are entered(which is outdated)...so she doesnt really know the diff..like many PCP's they prescribe based off a data base of info in a computer not off of there own knowledge of the meds..i would def split it up into 50mg ew and not 200mg em...by the later part of week 2 your not helping yourself..get online(not bb sites)and print out legit clinicial trails by legit researchers on trt...theres plenty out there on HIV positive men..i would approach with your concerns and with this information in hand so she can go thru it..i went thru a similiar situation yrs ago with my PCP with HRT..he was all for it but didnt have the background or education in it to make a informed decision..by bringing him legit studies and with follow up BW that supported my research he made more informed decisions that lead to a much higher dosing..it also educated him on AI and HCG use while on TRT..it took a few visits and some time to get it all right but in the long run it was worth it..the knee jerk reaction of "find a new doc" is easy to say but not as easy to do...with insurance covering only in-network PCP's and needing referals etc to go somewhere else can be difficult to maintain coverage...take your time and do your homework and things will most likely work out..if she doesnt make any changes even thou you present the info and your BW is poor then at that time look for another PCP or other option...