PDA

View Full Version : New to TRT

GaBasser21
04-17-2012, 07:03 PM
My doc has placed me on TRT as my bloodwork came back low. I am 57yoa and been active and lifting most of my life. She tried the Androgel first but, the results were not to good as I seemed to not absorb the gel. She has now prescribed 200mg of Testosterone Enanthate every 2 weeks is this a good dose or should it be once a week. I know the Enanthate lasts longer in the body than Cypionate does. The test I recieved is from Watson Labs is this a reputable company? Anyway just starting 1st shot yesterday will advise as I go along. This forum is great and any help is appreciated.

NVRBDR
04-17-2012, 07:07 PM
I believe you would be better off at 100mgs per week than 200 every 2 weeks...

S_walker
04-17-2012, 07:09 PM
not the best protocol for TRT, I say this on every TRT thread on here, 250mg every week should be the absolute minimum. Research testosterone half life then print it out and take to her. IMHO your going to feel like shit after week one.

bulldogz
04-17-2012, 07:16 PM
True TRT is not at 250mg per wk...

My doc initially had me on 200mg every two wks, but by the end of the 2nd week I felt like shit and doc decided to do the 100mg every wk

You should split the dosage, take 100mg per wk to keep blood levels stable

With this dose you will probably have a reading of ~500 ng/dL of test when ever they do blood test

TonyMack
04-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Bulldogz is right, true TRT is around 100 mgs per week. With that being said... I prefer 250 mgs a week, split doses e3d. Whether you call this "TRT" or "cruising" is a matter of semantics.

Ichigo
04-18-2012, 01:55 AM
I had the same problem, Androgel didn't work, thank god i hated that sh*t. She put me on 200mg eow also, i changed it to 100mg a week because of the emotional roller coaster ride i was experiencing. That slight change helped me tremendously. However since my levels are tested low she raised the dosage to 150mg a week. Which i am totally thrilled about!

I also use Watson, it's smooth, properly dosed, and human grade. Whats not to love.

independent
04-18-2012, 09:21 AM
A 100mgs a week with hcg will do wonders.

parrish02
04-18-2012, 11:26 AM
When it comes to TRT, too many guys get hung up on how much Test they get prescribed and most guys want way more than they need.

There are a lot of reasons that more is not necessarily better when it comes to true TRT - the idea is to get optimal T levels, not the highest you can attain. Were talking TRT here, not cycling.

It is far more important to get the injection frequency correct, meaning at least once per week, and ideally two times. Only with frequent injections can you avoid the hormonal rollercoaster ride and dial in your protocol. Your best friend in TRT is a doctor that is willing to work with you to find what works best. If you have to try a few to find the one, it will be worth it in the end.

bulldogz
04-18-2012, 12:52 PM
^^Yes...some think they are going to get a cycle from TRT...

TRT is not intended to get you a prescribed cycle or more than what the TRT protocol is

I'm also seeing lots of people saying...my test levels are within range but low...and others saying to them...get on TRT :hmmm:

nby
04-19-2012, 03:22 AM
not the best protocol for TRT, I say this on every TRT thread on here, 250mg every week should be the absolute minimum. Research testosterone half life then print it out and take to her. IMHO your going to feel like shit after week one.

250mg a week? Thats just cycling for the rest of your life. Try 75-100mg a week.

S_walker
04-19-2012, 03:56 AM
Thanks but I'll take my Dr's advice and just cycle the rest of my life....

nby
04-19-2012, 04:08 AM
Thanks but I'll take my Dr's advice and just cycle the rest of my life....

No problem. You and your "Doc" keep telling yourselves that 250mg/week is "TRT".

joboco
04-19-2012, 12:55 PM
250mg a week? Thats just cycling for the rest of your life. Try 75-100mg a week.

I hear what your saying and dont agree or disagree. Surely not everyone fits the same mold. I for one dont get any benefits from 150mg weekly I too am taking 250mg and 7-8 days is the most i can live with. Just my opinion.