• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Best Nutritional Threads

HI W8 ---- just wanted to pop over and say hello....hehehe
I'm here too now!!!

just wanted some advice . The body doesnt respond as fast to training and diet as well as it did a couple years back.Want to make the most of my training time.

Welcome to the site :wave:

What kind of advice do you need? What are your goals, etc.

Just hit 40 , and I trained 5 days a week for 2 years , prior to that I trained 4-5 days a week for 6 years. I stopped training regularly about august 2001 and I need to lose the soft stuff around the waist.I don't need to be huge , but I do want the size and definition back as soo as possible. I can not run , I have a foot that didnt heal properly after a break a while back.

I am 5'9" and currently 210 lbs. My best condition was 215 , w/ a 33 inch waist , a year ago.Cant seem to lose the fat, I eat a pretty clean diet and drink occasionally.

IML Gear Cream!
have to leave , if you can email me with a few suggestions about increasing size and strength , and if there is any other activities I can add to my training to get better results. I have been walking at a fast pace for a half hour to 1 hour before or after working out.I use a lot of basic movements for all body parts and usually gor for 7-10 reps , with the last 3 reps becoming difficult.I train at home and have a 10 in one bench, high and low pull lat, squatrack and a t bar.I do legs once a week and everything else twice.I work back, tri's and biceps, on day 1 , back and shoulders on day 2 , legs and traps on day 3 and start over.I added deadlifts recently because it seems to help boost my squat weight.I take 60 seconds or so between sets.This is what I did before , and it doesnt seem to bring results as fast as it did.I get at least 120 grams of protein a day, mostly fish and eggs , some dairy and powders.I eat very few carbs.

Well, you've presented quite a few variables....you want size, strength and fat loss all at once and unfortunately that's near impossible to accomplish all at once.

I would suggest you focus on fat loss to begin w/, unless you feel you only have a small amt to lose. Once you lose some bf and harden up your physique a bit, you can begin a slow bulking program, which will also aid in increasing your strength levels.

If you have specific questions about training, you can post a thread in the training forum, but just a few quick notes....

You will probably see faster fat loss results if you increase the intensity of your cardio sessions and do them after your w8 w/o, not before.

Your split needs work....you're working your back two days in a row?

You will need to drastically increase your protein intake if you're serious about gaining muscle...I suggest at least 1 gm of protein per lb of LBM. It would be helpful if you could post a sample days diet.

thanks.

typo, I train chest tri's and bi's on day one . Thanx for the response . Did the cybergenics workout years ago . Very effective , but not available .Thanx again , you look great!

Awesome information Here.

I have been on low carb, high fat and protein diet before and I had difficulty with energy and concentration. Not good at the time because i was in school, so I had to drop it after about 3 weeks. I was just wondering if one of you guys or gals on this type of diet will post some meal ideas. Sure there is lots of things one could eat if they were not worried about saturated fats but if that is a concern then the list drops considerably. I know W8lifter posted some different foods she suggests but how about a few of the different meal ideas and ways you doctor common foods so they are more palatable. For example tuna is disgusting to me except if one puts Ranch Dressing (which wouldn't work in the diet?) or A-1 on it. Another example in the article Insulin he says that range feed animals are much lower in Saturated Fat if they are Range feed as opposed to grain feed. Well how are we as consumers supposed to tell the difference. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Welcome CDWetzelberger :wave:

You've been reading I see :D You're saturated fat question was edited, did you find your answer okay?

You can also check my journal for examples of meals that I used/am using for my cut...I would start at the last page and work back a few pages, it might be easier.

As for the meat...I believe it will say on the package of meat/poultry, it's also usually more expensive. You might be able to ask your butcher as well.

Nice Web site w8lifter. :bow: I like your Recipes. As far as my saturated fat question, no I haven't found an answer for that yet. I realize its not an easy question to answer. I was just wondering if anybody had a link to a list of foods which would be extremely low in carbs, with high protein and good fats but realitively low in Saturated fats. I plan on trying a type of Keto diet again. I have the book The Ketogenic diet by Lyle McDonald which I read during my first atempt at Ketosis based weight loss. I lost my Atkins book which I also read and it had a lot of suggestions about food. I would rather not go buy another one I was hoping there was a site with a summation of good items to eat while on this type of diet. Last time I did it I ate some god Awful stuff this time I want to try to do it while eating more healthy.

Read this link

Sorry, I've got to go again, still trying to answer your questions....read these on saturated fat and I'll be back when I can! :D

IML Gear Cream!
What would somebody suggest to me about losing a few pounds and keeping it off.

I am trying to lose some weigth and it seems to be harder then it used to be for me.

I exersize about three times a week and I work odd hours as you can see, since I am the only one here tonight.

I eat three times a day once about 2:00 p.m. once about 10:00 p.m. and about 4:00 a.m.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome isenbcc ...I think you'll find you have to eat a bit more frequently in order to lose weight. Why don't you make a post w/ a sample diet and some stats about yourself and we'll see if we can help :)

Since being on the hi fat/protein lo-carb diet I've noticed that a couple days after carb-up I drop 2-3lbs & don't gain any back(this is great!!!).Is this normal??
I've modeled my diet very closely to w8's journal w/ additions to the totals since I weigh more.
Any help will be appreciated:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Well right after a carb up, you should weigh a little more due to the stored glycogen/water, and then your weight should stabilize again as you deplete....anything else is probably due to the increase in metabolism from the carb up...a good thing :thumb:

Well I kinda have a bad eating habit because I work nights ( 6 to 6 ) so I eat during the night and I believe that has something to do with my weight problem

Most of the time I eat at about 2 in the afternoon then about 9 in the evening and the third time a about 3 in the morning. I work out sometimes three times a week but not always. I normally go to bed as soon as I get home from work. Do you think this could cause me to gain weight? :help:

Originally posted by isenbcc
What would somebody suggest to me about losing a few pounds and keeping it off.

I am trying to lose some weigth and it seems to be harder then it used to be for me.

I exersize about three times a week and I work odd hours as you can see, since I am the only one here tonight.

I eat three times a day once about 2:00 p.m. once about 10:00 p.m. and about 4:00 a.m.

Wow, tons and tons of reading through these links!

Most of the really lean people with or without large amounts of muscle (including Little Hercules), generally say that the secret is not large amounts of cardio or funky workout tricks, just LOW CARB DIETS, and of course lots of water, and the other 'norm' stuff.

which one of the above diet types would you suggest for someone who wants...

- bulking ability
- healthy foods ( fruits and such )
- not definition
- foods helping keep the body full of energy and able to help when using stamina on long runs

Originally posted by Emmon
- not definition
- foods helping keep the body full of energy and able to help when using stamina on long runs

If you litterally mean running (long runs) then I would think you would want to not be bulky, and you would end up being defined, not definitionless... :confused:

Back