• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

looking for help to get a high energy diet started

showstoppa

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i'm training in mixed martial arts and i'm looking for a new diet.
i train a couple of times a day (cardio/weights and mixed martial arts). in total i train approx 4 hours a day but i'm looking to increase it by doing more cardio in the morning. i need a diet that will keep me energetic all day. i also would need to know what time i should be eating what.
i am 5'8, 160lbs. i'm not sure what my body fat% is but i would say i'm in fairly good shape.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks a lot,
-showstoppa

Hi :D

You should check out mmafiter's journal while you're here.

What specifically do you want to acheive w/ your physique? I understand you want your diet to provide energy...but are you looking to gain mass, lose bodyfat...or just maintain what you have right now?

You will need a good balance of protein (for tissue repair), slow burning carbs (for a slow, constant energy as opposed to ups and downs) and healthy fats. Do you want to give us a quick rundown of your daily meals as they are right now? :)

Originally posted by showstoppa
i am a student in rob's class. i am looking to add about ten pounds (putting me at 168lbs) and be able to stay there. i am trying to ipmrove my strength, stamina and cardio all at the same time. right now i'm not on a specific diet. i try to stay healthy, i eat a lot of sandwiches and salads but the odd time i'll eat what ever (lasagna, pasta). i want to get on a routine so i can have the perfect training schedule. mostly i want to be able to stay energetic so i can put more training in. i'm not trying to get bulky but i do want to get stronger. i also want to know what time i should be eating specific foods. i take a lot of different classes and i also weight and cardio train. i hope i've given you enough info. i appreciate your response.

-showstoppa

....moving this here so we can keep everything in one spot :D

Originally posted by showstoppa
i am a student in rob's class.

I knew that :p lol...welcome to IM :D

i am looking to add about ten pounds (putting me at 168lbs) and be able to stay there. i am trying to ipmrove my strength, stamina and cardio all at the same time. right now i'm not on a specific diet. i try to stay healthy, i eat a lot of sandwiches and salads but the odd time i'll eat what ever (lasagna, pasta). i want to get on a routine so i can have the perfect training schedule. mostly i want to be able to stay energetic so i can put more training in. i'm not trying to get bulky but i do want to get stronger. i also want to know what time i should be eating specific foods. i take a lot of different classes and i also weight and cardio train. i hope i've given you enough info. i appreciate your response.

-showstoppa

K...so the basics...you need to be eating 5-6 meals a day, every 3 hrs or so....keeping a constant influx of food is going to help w/ a consistent and stable energy level.

Another thing that will help w/ that is the use of slow burning carbs. Slow burning carbs are those that break down slowly once ingested...leading to an even release of energy...instead of the quick bursts of energy and subsequent period of low energy following intakes of sugar or "fast burners". These include old fashioned oats (not the sugared packets), sweet potatoes, brown rice, apples, peaches, berries and grapefruit. ....Note that BREAD is not on that list :D

Also...if you want to add lean body mass (muscle) think about your fat sources...you're doing a lot of activity, which means if you want to gain you're going to have to eat a lot. Oils and fats are calorie dense...and most are good for you...so make sure you're eating things like yolks w/ your eggs, nuts, peanut butter, olive oil, flax seed oil, cream, etc.

Protein is obviously an important part of your diet...you should be aiming for at least 1 g of protein per lb of BW...so @ 160lb you should be getting at least 160 g protein....200 would be better...to start. Do you know how much protein you're taking in? Do you use a protein powder?

Make sure that each meal is balanced. You need a protein, fat and carb source in every meal.

....and check out this thread :D

Back