PDA

View Full Version : Unwated achne/red dots on my arm

transformershy
05-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi all

Hope someone can help me with this problem of mine.
Every since I've started to work out (about 2 years ago), I've grown some meat om my arms but also some unwanted achne/red dots on my arms.
Here are some pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/ntWBI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FiBv2.jpg

I have no idea what they are or are called. They don't don't do any harm or itch, it just doesn't look good...
I think it's some kind of chemical reaction due to protein intake or growth, but these things should go away naturally right?
In the beginning I started to take chocolate protein shakes, but have later on switched to another brand. So it can't be the chocolate flavor (I've heard that chocolate makes acne grows).

Please help!

Moneytoblow
05-07-2012, 10:01 AM
I have the same dots on my arms as well. Nothing seems to make them go away, but getting a tan and applying a moisturizing lotion daily will make them a lot less noticeable.

Nightowl
05-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Here are some things I found; I hope these articles can give you a bit of advice.
1st article: A plugged pore may become infected with bacteria, resulting in an inflamed red bump that may be tender to touch. This type of acne is called papules. Papules may be accompanied by other types of acne, including whiteheads, blackheads, and cysts. People with oily skin are more prone to acne. While acne can affect people of all ages, it most commonly strikes those in their teens and 20s because hormones cause oil glands to increase their oil production during these years.Acne may be treated with over-the-counter products containing benzoyl peroxide and/or salicylic acid. Severe acne, especially cystic acne, requires professional treatment by a dermatologist. Some of the treatments the dermatologist may prescribe for severe acne include birth defects.

2nd article: (from another forum)
Hi, if those red dots are what i think they are than i cam reply to this. If those red dots are from previous acne than it is called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). This does fade in time but it takes several months. It can go away untreated but you are better off using a bleaching cream such as hydroquinine 2% and 4% is available in prescription form. Also, Azelaic acid is a popular cream and kojic acid. I am currently on Retin-A micro and i have been on it for 4 months (christmas day). So just try to get a bleaching cream or just wait it out. The key thing is to wear sunscreen b/c the sun is your worst enemy. It makes the red marks more darker and stay longer and harder to heal.

Sorry, I was unable to find anything with photos alike yours, but felt that maybe some of what was talked about in these might give you more insight. Good Luck!

jim stevens
05-07-2012, 12:40 PM
I've had those bumps up and down my arms for years....they tend to show up when I get pale in the winter time. Get in the sun for a few hours a week and they'll start to dissipate