PDA

View Full Version : what might my Dr. do?

Zane
05-25-2012, 03:26 PM
So, a few weeks ago i had my 8 week check up after start of trt - my test was 170 and 220I was the best. Script 200for mgs eoweek at my 88 week check he tested psa,(good) and then my test came back only 268. I am awaiting a call next week to see what he might suggest. Any thoughts on what might change?

charley
05-25-2012, 05:31 PM
..Depends on your 'Doctor'......on what he knows, and when it comes to 'trt' they don't seem to know much......good luck bro........:winkfinger:

Zane
05-25-2012, 06:57 PM
He was eurologist then went family med. He tells me he has lots of guys on trt and gave me a 10rd page article he wrote on mens health and the increase in hypergonadism that dr. Will see every year. He is on board, just doses that might be tossed around?

bulldogz
05-25-2012, 07:10 PM
When did you pin the 200mg and when did you get bloods drawn?

parrish02
05-25-2012, 07:24 PM
He was eurologist then went family med. He tells me he has lots of guys on trt and gave me a 10rd page article he wrote on mens health and the increase in hypergonadism that dr. Will see every year. He is on board, just doses that might be tossed around?

Hate to say this but if he has you on one 200mg inject eo week, he's either way behind the times or has no clue about TRT.

You should be getting at least one inject per week, preferably two, with a total dosage of around 200mg. (double what you have now) That should be run for at least six weeks to allow your levels to stabilize and then be tested and adjusted. By injecting every two weeks, your blood levels will never be stable and I'm sure you have already noticed the roller coaster effect where you feel great a few days after your shot and pretty run down for the few days before your next one.

If he's really on board, he should listen if you present the facts correctly and get you on a better path. If he won't listen, you will be better off finding a new doctor.

Zane
05-25-2012, 07:41 PM
I think I had pinned on a sunday and was in 8-10and days later. In between my next one on sunday.

rocker44
05-25-2012, 09:02 PM
my doc actually told me 1 injection a week would be ideal but he was only allowed to give injections every 2 weeks. i did not go into detail with him on why.

gamma
05-26-2012, 04:57 AM
Sounds to me he is follow his protocol. I am sure the doc's has to follow and fine line when it comes to trt due to all the bad press turning steroids users into a which hunt. Regardless of whats best for you its a multi step process and they are pretty small steps.lol He has to able to cover his ass when broads audit him.

bulldogz
05-26-2012, 05:13 AM
1 injection every 2 weeks (200mg every 2 weeks) is normal to start on TRT, but ideal would be 1 injection every week at 100mg each week

bjg
05-26-2012, 06:35 AM
just stop worrying about it and follow what your doc says...
ask him all the questions you want , i am sure he will be glad to answer you.

Zane
05-26-2012, 06:55 AM
I wasn't worried, i just want to be in the mid range of at least 4-500. They call my scripts in no questions whenver. Maybe 200 ew would be great. Just curious on how i get to those no. With a dr. Dosages.

rocker44
05-26-2012, 08:24 AM
I wasn't worried, i just want to be in the mid range of at least 4-500. They call my scripts in no questions whenver. Maybe 200 ew would be great. Just curious on how i get to those no. With a dr. Dosages.
at some point during those 2 weeks, im sure you are well over 500, the problem is the half life of the test is around 8 days, that is why peopl will normaly inject 2x a week with a long ester such as cyp or eneth. if you google the half life of test you will get a more indepth idea of how the half life works.
something like 200 mg's of test after 8 days will be 100 then 8 more days is 50. your goal should be to keep your levels as steady as you can.

you can tell your doc and if he still refuses to give you atleast 1 a week injections then i would try and find a good trt doc or clinic

if your doc actually gave you a script then i would do a 2x week injection start out @ 50 to 75 mg's per injection and see how ya feel.

Zane
05-26-2012, 11:14 AM
I do my own injects, and next week he is calling me with his 2cents. I will see what he recommends and go from there. He said i could do 100it per week if i want, i just kept it every 2year till i saw my no. Again.

Onedeep0811
05-26-2012, 12:32 PM
1 injection every 2 weeks (200mg every 2 weeks) is normal to start on TRT, but ideal would be 1 injection every week at 100mg each week
My doc started me on TRT yesterday at 100mgs of test cyp every week for the first four weeks. Then he will check my levels and probably up the dose to 200mgs a week. Plus he will then add hcg & adex if my estro is high.

bjg
05-26-2012, 02:06 PM
docs are on the conservative side usually.... and they are right about it...just stick with your docs dosage because if you don't ..he will be then mislead and confused on how to adjust the dosage.

Zane
05-29-2012, 05:45 PM
So said he said to do 1and half cc every other week. And my bloods were good?