PDA

View Full Version : Testopel

Beastmode13
06-13-2012, 06:54 PM
My doc was trying to sell me on these Testopel pellets........anybody ever done these or heard of these?????

charley
06-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Heard only that they deliver an un-even dosage of test, these doctors must get a kick-back for pushing this product.....imho...

Beastmode13
06-17-2012, 07:06 AM
yeah man everything i'm reading on the internet is saying the same stuff

hoyle21
06-17-2012, 07:13 AM
My doc gave me a flyer on it, but he was cool when I told him I wanted to stick to my test cyp dose.

BP2000
06-17-2012, 09:44 AM
My doc was trying to sell me on these Testopel pellets........anybody ever done these or heard of these?????

They insert 10 pellet's into your side...and no need to inject for 3 month's. I know a few guy's on them. What Q's did you have?

Beastmode13
06-19-2012, 04:23 PM
just the pro's vs. cons to that and injectables

BP2000
06-29-2012, 10:57 AM
pros - no needles, no syringes, don't inject anything for 10 weeks, minimul scar tissue

cons - harder to get dialed in for proper dose. have to go in to docs office every 10 weeks. more $ than injections if you don't have insurance.

lillywhites
02-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Saw this thread and decided to post with relevant information (then have a question)

Testopel:

I've been on Testopel for 1yr now. Original levels were 227...low by any measure, especially considering i'm 45. In 2012 I have 3 insertions. March, July, and Dec...(supposed to be November...but out of stock). The procedure is that the Dr. numbs the area...left upper ass cheek, the cuts you open and inserts "x" number of pellets. Once complete, the area is sewn up with stitches that dissolve, and a waterproof patch put over that. The area takes up to 14 days to heal properly, and during this time, and afterwards for up to one month, it feels as though you're sitting on a lump. The pellets themselves dissolve over a 3 month period, then a month with nothing, then back for another round of pellets on the other cheek. Prior to the next insertion, bloodwork is used to determine the T level, and the next dose is adjusted accordingly. It has taken one full year to get levels up to 977. Prior to this, levels fluctuate greatly...650 in Sept 2012, down to 350 in Nov 2012, now after end of Dec 2012 insertion, up to 977 in mid January. It is convenient, the cost is ok.....about $1100 each insertion, insurance kicks in at $2,000 out of pocket. It takes a long time to get to a good level (one year), and even then, the drop-off between insertions is looking like 500+. To me it's noticeable, I sleep better when my levels are high, my overall mood is better, and my gym workouts are better. I recover faster, and can lift longer without fatigue than when it's low.

Personally, if my GP would prescribe shots, i'd try those and see if it is something that I would like better, but there's no option for that at the moment.

Question:
According to the Dr, there is no need for HCG, or an E-Blocker, as the rise in T-Levels is gradual. Is this true? I don't see how the rate of rise determines if HCG or E-Blocker is needed. It would seem that any Testosterone artificially introduced to the body would need to accompanied with HCG and an E-Blocker to prevent the body from shutting down it's own production. I think the assumption is the one month off is a sufficient PCT.

Question:
With Low-T, is there a need for PCT, or would shots and HCG & E-Blocker + liver support continue indefinitely?

Beastmode13
02-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Since i wrote this i have been on the pellets as well.........i had to start taking an E blocker cause my body was converting everything to estrogen. Everything has been good since then but i can feel the difference big time when the pellets have run their course!

lillywhites
02-07-2013, 05:37 PM
I called my local Costco Pharmacy....found out which Dr's were prescribing Testosterone Cypionate, HCG, and Anastrozole. There were two....both from the same family practice. I have an appt. next week. I'll be taking my records from last year, and print outs with various information.

@Beastmode13....If I'm successful in the converting from Pellets to Shots, i'll let you know. The cost will be significantly less than pellets, and more effective.

alexjhon
02-22-2013, 02:12 AM
Testopel Pellets are cylindrically shaped pellets 3.2mm (1/8 inch) in diameter and approximately 8-9mm in length.

doctors notes (http://www.wrchallenge.org/)

BigPerm
12-28-2013, 12:22 PM
I was on pellets for about a year and a half. 18 of them every 3 months. Test levels were in the high 900's. My last insertion they became infected after 1 month. Red swollen....and full of puss. I squeezed it and about 6 pellets came out. Went back to the doc who squeezed out 6 more. Put me on antibiotics and switched to shots. The site has been oozzy for about two months. He said he's never seen it do that.

Long story short I'm done with the pellets. They worked fine for a long time. Now I get .75cc twice a week to total 1.5cc of Test C.

Pellets cost me $1800 every 3 months due to my deductible. Injections are 1-10ml vial a month at $15! No brainer for me.