PDA

View Full Version : update with added Free testostorone result, what does it mean for me?

dream
07-05-2012, 10:46 AM
I had my total test done before and that came to 518.76ng/dl at which point people on here said i do not need TRT.
I got my Free testosterone back and it is reading at 6.48pg/ml (8.8 - 27.0) so I m below the ref range, but essentially with low free test, what does it mean for me really?
Aside from training, diet etc, could that be a reason why I have not been able to build muscle?

brazey
07-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Yes. Free test is the stuff that actually does its magic in your tissues. Labs look for FT to be somewhere between 1.5 - 2.5% of TT. Ideally, you want your TT to be the upper 3rd of the lab range. Low FT means you probably need to lower your SHBG because the higher your SHGB the more TT will be bound. Make sure your estrogen is in check, as increasing estrogen leads to increasing SHBG.

dream
07-06-2012, 02:18 PM
well this was my estrogen result
Serum oestradiol: 63pmol/L (<=156.0)
looks okay to me but i could be wrong?

I need to get my SHGB checked out, is there any medication that will sort out the imbalance if it does show up to be to high?

brazey
07-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Winstrol and/or proviron will lower SHBG. You can also lower SHBG by increasing your test dosage temporarily. For over the counter you can try Stinging Nettle but it can affect conversion of test to DHT if you take too much. Also avoid green tea, alcohol and certain medications such as sedatives, antihypertensiaves and tranquilizers because they can raise SHBG.

dream
07-24-2012, 05:45 AM
Does blood for the SHGB test need t be drawn early in the morning like testosterone or can it be taken anytime during the day?

dream
08-16-2012, 05:22 PM
got my results back, what are they telling me?

SHGB_ 56 nmol/L
LH_ 4.1 IU/L
FSH_ 3.4 IU/L