• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Question on supersets, etc

perfecto

dirty but nice
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
can somebody please explain to me what exactly supersets, dropsets and any other forms of these sets there are? maybe a link to a site which talks about these?

Supersets- When you train two muscle groups together, one after the other such as biceps-triceps, chest-back, quads-hamstrings

Dropset- When you exchange a heavy weight for a lighter one in the middle of a set in order to gain more reps. You can do single drop or multiple drops. I like to do Drop sets on leg curls or ext.

I'd like to add one thing to what Jodi said.
You can also superset the same muscle group.
For example, squats immediately followed by leg extensions
or bench press followed by flyes.

Originally posted by CaptainDeadlift
I'd like to add one thing to what Jodi said.
You can also superset the same muscle group.
For example, squats immediately followed by leg extensions
or bench press followed by flyes.

That's the way we use the term in everyday use, however, Jodi's explantion is technically correct........but nobody wants to say Bi-Set :D

Trisets and Giant sets...RULE! :D

so a superset is like say i did 1 set of chestpress, then immediatley and no rest at all i go do a set of flies, and then immedietly again i go do a set of chest, and so on until i finish 6 sets?

Originally posted by perfecto
so a superset is like say i did 1 set of chestpress, then immediatley and no rest at all i go do a set of flies, and then immedietly again i go do a set of chest, and so on until i finish 6 sets?

No...there is a RI (rest Interval) after the first 2 exercises usually :D

Press/Flye or Flye/Press for pre0exhaustion, then rest, then repeat :D

DP

Back