PDA

View Full Version : Considering TRT at 31. (Superfly can i get a PM for advice)

loydchristmas
08-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Hey, just joined up over here but have been on the boards since 2000. Have about 7 cycles under my belt. Each time it gets harder and harder for me to "bounce back". I feel like absolute garbage when i am not on Test. My last cycle was pretty basic, 750mg test EW, dbol 30mg 1-4 wk. I ran an extra stout pct, longer and stronger than typical. 2 months after ,my test was still 248ng/DL. I really need to get this handled.

OfficerFarva
08-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Are you asking a question or just telling a story for fun?

If your T levels are low and you feel like shit because of it than it's an easy answer imo.

loydchristmas
08-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah I came here to tell a story. Wtf? Why are people so passive aggressive. People are way to quick to try and make themselves look like an authority while trying to make someone else look like a noob. Well guess what dude I bet I've been around at least as long as you, but just not here.

So yeah dude put your thinking cap on and really put that brain to work here. I'm considering trt and asking for advice? Clear enough?

NVRBDR
08-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Yeah I came here to tell a story. Wtf? Why are people so passive aggressive. People are way to quick to try and make themselves look like an authority while trying to make someone else look like a noob. Well guess what dude I bet I've been around at least as long as you, but just not here.

So yeah dude put your thinking cap on and really put that brain to work here. I'm considering trt and asking for advice? Clear enough?

If you're truly considering HRT, go see your doctor, FYI, test levels are not the only criteria, there are "HRT symptoms" also, if they describe you overall, HRT may be an option for you.

BP2000
08-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Hey, just joined up over here but have been on the boards since 2000. Have about 7 cycles under my belt. Each time it gets harder and harder for me to "bounce back". I feel like absolute garbage when i am not on Test. My last cycle was pretty basic, 750mg test EW, dbol 30mg 1-4 wk. I ran an extra stout pct, longer and stronger than typical. 2 months after ,my test was still 248ng/DL. I really need to get this handled.

What was your test levels before you started cycling? And what were your levels after each cycle? What is your free test?

loydchristmas
08-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Before cycling 800+. After each cycle progressively less. Don't remember free test # but it was low too.

Qwai Chang
08-04-2012, 07:09 AM

Get a blood test to check your test levels. If serum testosterone is low after you have stop using for at least 2-4 weeks, then your doctor may put you on if below 300ng/dl.
I can understand how you feel when not on cycle. It's a bitch not have that stuff flowing through your veins.

BP2000
08-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Before cycling 800+. After each cycle progressively less. Don't remember free test # but it was low too.

sorry to hear that man. 800 is a great test level. Unfortunately for some reason it seems that the HPTA does not recover fully after cycles. Did you use any heavy doses or strong compounds like deca or tren? High doses of test and 19nor's like Tren and especially deca seem to hinder the HPTA more than other moderate cycles.

If I were you I would do a round of HCG/Clomid and see if I could get natural production back in range. 1,000iu EOD and some clomid should do the trick. There was a guy who had to do 3 rounds of that before his HPTA started working again.

malfeasance
08-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Unfortunately for some reason it seems that the HPTA does not recover fully after cycles. Is this true, like empirically?

If I were you I would do a round of HCG/Clomid and see if I could get natural production back in range. 1,000iu EOD and some clomid should do the trick. There was a guy who had to do 3 rounds of that before his HPTA started working again. Is a thread on here somewhere? I wonder if it was the three rounds of just the passage of time? Three rounds of PCT plus the HCG would be many months (4?).

Two months may not be enough time for full recovery to prior levels. I know it definitely was not for my on my last go around with test/deca. More like 3-4 months before normalcy returned.

loydchristmas
08-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the input fellas. I did do a cycle of test/tren/dbol for my 3rd cycle and it amazing buy yeah it shut me down hard. Anyway, I I'm going to try and find a doctor that will work with me and help me out.

nby
08-04-2012, 11:02 AM
2 months after PCT is nothing, you've done 7 cycles, give it another 6-8 months and see where you're at. If you're still at the same T level then it's time to consider TRT.

loydchristmas
08-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Sorry man forgot to say, I had them tested again after being off for over a year. Came back 313 ng /DL. I've taken so many blood tests over the years it all runs together.

Standard Donkey
08-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Sorry man forgot to say, I had them tested again after being off for over a year. Came back 313 ng /DL. I've taken so many blood tests over the years it all runs together.

sounds like u know what u need to do then.. dont mind officerfarva, he doesnt even do steroids (im not sure why he's here)

bjg
08-05-2012, 03:14 PM
loydchristmas: here is my advice although many would not agree because they could care less about you...
in your place i would stop everything completely for about a year and follow a good training program without thinking about steroids or anything else and for god's sake stop testing yourself for a year...will it be hard??? of course but you have to face it and you have to fight your mental addiction to steroids..take it as a challenge. you are still young and you can recover from all that crap...after a year of clean training test yourself and see where you are from there.

TrojanMan60563
08-05-2012, 08:33 PM
bjg, what kind of advice is this? Being concerned about bad blood work isnt a symptom of addiction. He asks about low test levels, not about how depressing it is to see his lifts all go into the shitter after a cycle ends.

loydchristmas
08-05-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't have a steroid addiction. I am in a sport that requires I be strong. Like i said before I've been off of steroids here and there for up to 18 months at a time and I wasn't recovering fully.

BP2000
08-05-2012, 10:09 PM
I don't have a steroid addiction. I am in a sport that requires I be strong. Like i said before I've been off of steroids here and there for up to 18 months at a time and I wasn't recovering fully.

Did you employ the standard time on + PCT and equal time off? Or did you cheat a lil?

bjg
08-06-2012, 08:18 AM
bjg, what kind of advice is this? Being concerned about bad blood work isnt a symptom of addiction. He asks about low test levels, not about how depressing it is to see his lifts all go into the shitter after a cycle ends.

he has to stop taking anything for a year because as long as he takes steroids here and there ..it will affect his test results ....his testosterone production and all his system has to be stable and clean before testing.

hypo_glycemic
08-06-2012, 08:32 AM
he has to stop taking anything for a year because as long as he takes steroids here and there ..it will affect his test results ....his testosterone production and all his system has to be stable and clean before testing.

Did one of the "scientist" or "endos" you work (next too) tell you that?lol

Ive been reading more of your post which AGAIN are "junk science" - or the way you "think" things should be? I agree that anybody needs to cycle off to get your natural testosterone back. But to take every OP and break down why YOU think it's good or bad is void. I haven't seen 1 picture of you yet???

NVRBDR
08-06-2012, 10:01 AM
loydchristmas: here is my advice although many would not agree because they could care less about you...
in your place i would stop everything completely for about a year and follow a good training program without thinking about steroids or anything else and for god's sake stop testing yourself for a year...will it be hard??? of course but you have to face it and you have to fight your mental addiction to steroids..take it as a challenge. you are still young and you can recover from all that crap...after a year of clean training test yourself and see where you are from there.

do you come from a history of addiction??

most, if not all of your posts include "addiction" or at the very least have include innuendo of the same.

HEAR this, "everybody is not addicted to steroids or whey protein just because they are posting comments on a predominantly BB'er forum where steroids and supplements are discussed on many levels"

FURTHERMORE, I am confident that if someone was looking for a savior from an addiction, he would seek help somewhere other than IML BB'er forums

loydchristmas
08-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Did you employ the standard time on + PCT and equal time off? Or did you cheat a lil?

Time off was a lot longer than time on.

TrojanMan60563
08-06-2012, 02:52 PM

4 weeks post PCT should be fine. 8 weeks would be the most I would give credit to as being accurate readings for labs. 2 months after being on or off anything gives you pretty realisic numbers to go from.

bjg
08-06-2012, 03:49 PM
steroids can be detectable in your body for several months after stopping a cycle and can affect many functions in the human body even longer...so a year of staying off is very reasonable.
at 31 a normal human being not suffering from any disease should not even consider or think of TRT. and still even at 60 TRT therapy is very controversial.

hypo_glycemic
08-06-2012, 09:44 PM
^^ lol at BJG.. still at it on the anti AAS crusade

Gotta say, you've taken a pounding being natty and still here pushing the natty nation movement! rofl....

malfeasance
08-07-2012, 07:06 AM
4 weeks post PCT should be fine. 8 weeks would be the most I would give credit to as being accurate readings for labs. 2 months after being on or off anything gives you pretty realisic numbers to go from.
Disagree, especially if "anything" includes Deca. Need longer than two months.

bjg
08-07-2012, 01:18 PM
^^true and even more..+ you need also some time for your system and glands to start functioning in a steady manner especially if steroids were used for a long time even if it was on and off....

TrojanMan60563
08-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Disagree, especially if "anything" includes Deca. Need longer than two months.

PCT shouldn't start for about 2 weeks after your last injection of Deca. So if you do PCT for 30 days that puts you at 1.5 months or 45 days out from a cycle ending. So I dont see why labs at 2 months or 8 weeks post cycle would not be accurate. That gives you 2 weeks post PCT for things to happen. If your hormones are not right it will be very obvious 2 weeks after completing PCT. There is no need to wait a year for labs after you complete a cycle. There is no logic in this theory.

malfeasance
08-08-2012, 07:32 AM
PCT shouldn't start for about 2 weeks after your last injection of Deca. So if you do PCT for 30 days that puts you at 1.5 months or 45 days out from a cycle ending. So I dont see why labs at 2 months or 8 weeks post cycle would not be accurate. That gives you 2 weeks post PCT for things to happen. If your hormones are not right it will be very obvious 2 weeks after completing PCT. There is no need to wait a year for labs after you complete a cycle. There is no logic in this theory.

Two months out after using Deca, and I was still down. Worked great on my joints and gains, but recovery was lengthy.

oufinny
08-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Two months out after using Deca, and I was still down. Worked great on my joints and gains, but recovery was lengthy.

That is why NPP is so attractive, easier recovery.

loydchristmas
08-08-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm actually in agreement with all of the people saying it takes longer than 2 months to recover from a cycle. I didn't run any deca but I did run test and 2 months seems to be not enough even for that. My plan from here to see how I recover from this cycle get tested and go from there

bjg
08-08-2012, 01:40 PM
^^ you can wait a while as i suggested above before testing....why test now and worry about it if the results are still low...just give yourself some time and peace of mind by forgetting about the whole thing, work out and after few months test yourself

Digitalash
08-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Next time you get tested do it via your doc and tell them you're experiencing all the symptoms of low test. When your bloods come back low they will probably reccomend gel but push for weekly injections, even if you need to find a new doc. Or just use the gel script and get your own test, run what dose you like 250mg a week is popular among bb'ers. 3-4 weeks before your doc requests bloodwork go off and continue on your script.

TrojanMan60563
08-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Well my point is in theory if you do PCT everything should be working fine after. If you're still shut down you didn't PCT long enough, correctly, or maybe your body will not recover.

malfeasance
08-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Recovery from a mild nandrolone cycle took SIX MONTHS in the only study of which I am aware. 6 months!

Recovery from mild nandrolone use takes six months (http://www.ergo-log.com/decacycle.html)

bjg
08-09-2012, 03:00 PM
^^^^^ as i said

Digitalash
08-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Recovery from a mild nandrolone cycle took SIX MONTHS in the only study of which I am aware. 6 months!

Recovery from mild nandrolone use takes six months (http://www.ergo-log.com/decacycle.html)

Deca is a tough one to recover from, maybe the worst. Still that study used deca in the test subjects for 13 weeks I believe. The dose was fairly low but I remember another study that showed a single 100mg injection of deca will drop test production very dramatically. I forget it may have even been near zero, from one shot. Also as was mentioned at the bottom no serms/hcg etc were used for pct so recovery time could be substantially better with more modern knowledge of AAS.

loydchristmas
08-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Again I didn't use deca last cycle or any recent ones. I'm shut down pretty good but I was very liberal with the hcg in this cycle and my balls stayed plump. More so than any others cycles. I'm hoping for a recovery into the 500-600 range. The if I can get there then screw doing trt. I ill wait til I'm 40 for that.

bjg
08-10-2012, 02:48 PM
^^ each one responds differently and has a different recovery time ...so for you to have a valid test result you have to stay clean for a while then test yourself..i bet you that if you give yourself sometime your test results will be fine...as for TRT no one with no obvious illness should be considering TRT at your age and even at 40 and no reasonable and ethical doctor would prescribe TRT at this age

hoyle21
08-10-2012, 02:59 PM
^^ each one responds differently and has a different recovery time ...so for you to have a valid test result you have to stay clean for a while then test yourself..i bet you that if you give yourself sometime your test results will be fine...as for TRT no one with no obvious illness should be considering TRT at your age and even at 40 and no reasonable and ethical doctor would prescribe TRT at this age

What about someone with a total T level of 172 who had never done steroids and has obvious signs of testicular trauma?
Sometimes the bullshit you spit out is pure ignorance.

Never judge how shut down you are by testicle size. My balls are only a tad smaller than Norma and I've been on 200 mgs Test C for 6 months. I am for sure shut down, but it's not very noticeable nut size wise.

Standard Donkey
08-10-2012, 03:50 PM
^^ lol at BJG.. still at it on the anti AAS crusade

Gotta say, you've taken a pounding being natty and still here pushing the natty nation movement! rofl....

somebody has gotta do it i guess..

malfeasance
08-14-2012, 06:32 AM
Also as was mentioned at the bottom no serms/hcg etc were used for pct so recovery time could be substantially better with more modern knowledge of AAS. Digitalash, while I follow the recommended PCT here, I do not remember ever seeing a study that showed that recovery was faster with PCT. What I mean is, while there are studies of clomid use and such, I have never seen one with bodybuilders ending a cycle, with a control group not doing PCT and a group doing PCT, seeing which one more effectively restores levels faster and whether the effect is prolonged or temporary.

Have you?