PDA

View Full Version : TRT Discussion on Forums

DetMuscle
08-11-2012, 01:59 PM
You know what worries me the most about TRT discussion on forums? Its that people try and self diagnose conditions and treat them themselves right off the get go. ED is not always a hormone issue and low libido isnt always a reason to go on hormones. You must get a good diagnosis from doctors, get treated by a doctor for either hormones or ED related physical issues. Jumping into TRT is nothing to take lightly and hormones are not the cure all for either problem. Get a diagnosis, get treated and then self medicate if you want after that. Its not self medicate and then get a diagnosis. Urologists and Endo's both have a role. Nothing grinds me more than to see someone come on a board and say "I want TRT" without doing some work ahead of time. Take the time to find out what the problem is first. My thoughts

gamma
08-12-2012, 06:00 AM
I could not agree more and most who do are still in theirs 20's . Every time I read about someone self diagnosing makes shake my head but to each is own.I get it prescribe but decided I wasn't ready for a life long of pinning and life long suppression of natural test even tho its low the boys still in the sack. I guess what scared me the most is not being able to make babes not sure that can happen once you on trt at least it does seem possible from everyone I have talk to.

TrojanMan60563
08-12-2012, 09:42 AM
You know what worries me the most about TRT discussion on forums? Its that people try and self diagnose conditions and treat them themselves right off the get go. ED is not always a hormone issue and low libido isnt always a reason to go on hormones. You must get a good diagnosis from doctors, get treated by a doctor for either hormones or ED related physical issues. Jumping into TRT is nothing to take lightly and hormones are not the cure all for either problem. Get a diagnosis, get treated and then self medicate if you want after that. Its not self medicate and then get a diagnosis. Urologists and Endo's both have a role. Nothing grinds me more than to see someone come on a board and say "I want TRT" without doing some work ahead of time. Take the time to find out what the problem is first. My thoughts

Endos and doctors are not always so amazing at telling you the "why"....they can read labs and tell you whats wrong with them. I've had two doctors now give me test and dosing it in ways it would never work. Like 200mg Test C every three weeks, now every two weeks. When dealing with jackass doctors that dont even understand the nature of a drug they are giving I can't blame people for wanting to self medicate. I know dealing with this and paying for treatment I know is fail is bringing me to the edge of wanting to medicate myself. I'll agree people that have not done labs or tried a doctor should seek help before assuming they know what is wrong. Myself on the otherhand has done this and its insane how little doctors know about male hormones. My experience shows that endos seem to know how to help you make babies, not fix your low test levels.