• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

caffiene, creatine, and this itch

BJJ monster

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hi everyone! i'm new here. well i know this forum has tons of creatine discussions and i feel kinda like a bum asking more about it but i couldn't find direct answers to my questions

1)is creatine that's mixed with other stuff beneficial (ie. EAS phosphagen HP) and does it let you absorb more? is it worth the money or is mixing regular creatine with grape/apple juice just as effective without the taurine and other stuff in there?
2)in pure creatine, is german grade SKW creatine better than other pure creatine? are there differences between german grade creatine sold by different brands (ie. prolab vs. prosource or other companies)? which have you tried and seen benefits with?
3)is micronized creatine any better than normal creatine?

and about caffiene:
is caffeine good or bad to ingest before a tough workout and cardio? does it affect muscle recovery (i couldn't understand that whole discussion about the insulin and stuff in one of the other caffiene discussions; my attention span's gotten too short or i'm in a half sleeping state everytime i try to read it)

and about this itch...just kidding, i have no itch. except sometimes my back or arm gets itchy and i start scratching it and then i can't stop so i end up with red gashes all over and people ask who whipped me. it's not that i scratch very hard; i think i have sensitive skins sometimes. and yes i do shower quite frequently and keep my finger nails clean.

oh yeah, and one thing that i noticed about this forum that i really liked...all of you guys/gals rule. other forums are full of people who just flame but all i see are people who are willing to help and inform others on this site.

Originally posted by BJJ monster
hi everyone! i'm new here. well i know this forum has tons of creatine discussions and i feel kinda like a bum asking more about it but i couldn't find direct answers to my questions

1)is creatine that's mixed with other stuff beneficial (ie. EAS phosphagen HP) and does it let you absorb more? is it worth the money or is mixing regular creatine with grape/apple juice just as effective without the taurine and other stuff in there?

Only about 1 in 20 won't respond w/o the Taurine, and Dextrose only costs like a buck a pound, so to answer you, they are NOT worth it!

2)in pure creatine, is german grade SKW creatine better than other pure creatine? are there differences between german grade creatine sold by different brands (ie. prolab vs. prosource or other companies)? which have you tried and seen benefits with?

Yes, SKW and Pfanstiehl (PF) are the best hands down.....fewer inpurites = better results! (There is another Austrian Company...that is good too)

3)is micronized creatine any better than normal creatine?

has to do w/grit size, like sandpapper, most SKW has been passed thru a 200 grit screeen, and versus 80 grit Asian or Domestic crap could be considered micronnized

and about caffiene:
is caffeine good or bad to ingest before a tough workout and cardio? does it affect muscle recovery (i couldn't understand that whole discussion about the insulin and stuff in one of the other caffiene discussions; my attention span's gotten too short or i'm in a half sleeping state everytime i try to read it)

There are too many differing opinions on Caffiene, it is useful for amps, less usefull for skeletal glucose disposal.....so pre-W/O it has a use...I don't know of any post workout except it's lipolytic effect (mobilizing FFA's, free fatty acids)...see sportsci.org for some studies w/caffiene

and about this itch...just kidding, i have no itch. except sometimes my back or arm gets itchy and i start scratching it and then i can't stop so i end up with red gashes all over and people ask who whipped me. it's not that i scratch very hard; i think i have sensitive skins sometimes. and yes i do shower quite frequently and keep my finger nails clean.

Sounds like flax oil would be beneficial to you...and other good fats/EFA's...showering too frequently (more than once a day) Can remove too many skin oils and cause dry skin also :D

Welcome to the Board! :D

DP

Back