PDA

View Full Version : Test Prop and swelling .. Please hellp

Simply_Michael
11-24-2012, 10:53 PM
no flaming please . got in horrible car wreck and out of injuries was going to weight and get back in shape hence used some

Test Prop - now these are the pics . pec swollen and tad red .. i pinned 2ml in virgin left pec ...(2 years back before accident i used test e no issues and was in excellent shape . I hence became fat ass and then dieted down to smaller size and using this as i am almost 40 for extra t to push in gym ) i believe i pinned thurs /fri. it was fine for two days and then bam swelled up and couldn't move it . well i been taking ibprophen and allergy meds to ease pain and swelling . is this really normal and when should i start to worry ? when should swellling go down . thanks for help ..used to be sore and warm but today its not just swollen and yes i got flu like and fever and then huge soreness but went away . thanks vets for ur help .

Simply_Michael
11-24-2012, 10:54 PM
i did my research about prop being very taxing on body and hurt like a mother but just wondering is this the real story of it cause i have not seen many pics about it and people who have came back and finished the story . ie how long the beast hurt ..when swelling down ..etc thanks for all you help . yes i know i aint the all knower of truth

other info .. yes i cleaned the vial and yes i drew it out with clean . i used a 3cc with a 23 needle to put in .

Paranoid Fitness
11-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Props for posting pics.
Looks allergic to me.
You could be having a reaction to the carrier oil. Do you have any food allergies?
Did the Benadryl help?
Does it feel like an infection?
Any puss or blood?

Simply_Michael
11-24-2012, 11:20 PM
hey i am a learner ... and yes i post pics so u all can help ..not a newbie LOL ..
no know food allergies.. lactos intollerant and pencillin .. no puss or blood . not sure what infection would feel like... and benydril not used specific just allergy med of allegra allergy can get benydril

gonna sound dumb but its like i got 1 A cup pec and the other is a C cup pec double in size .. I GOT MOOBS LOL :hmmm:

***edit ****

not sure if allegy meds help its not as "stiff " and i can touch it now ..so i guess yes

Paranoid Fitness
11-24-2012, 11:31 PM
If it's allergic and in or under the skin Benadryl would be a better bet. If it's not itching then probably not allergic.
Try cortisone cream just in case.

How long did the fever last?

If you pin the prop again I'd recommend pinning someplace else.
I know a lot of guys pin pecs successfully but it's too close to the brachial for my comfort.
If I were to pin pecs I'd use a 29g ins pin.

My personal experience with prop is PIP with most injections.
Flu like symptoms occurred the first time I used it and went away by third inject. Never happened again.
Never had redness or swelling. Stiffness, yes but went away quickly.

Haven't done prop in quite a while but I have a vial on the way from a board sponsor...was a Black Friday prize.

Simply_Michael
11-24-2012, 11:42 PM
fever lasted probably two days i felt like shit . i had chills and fever last night and huge aches but i took the ibprohen tabs and was fine today . i just rubbed icy hot on it and also a cream for posion ivy lol

calamine 12 percent
benzyl alchol 10.5
diphenhydramine hydrochloride 2.0 percent lol

all i had one me .. will get bennie tomorrow . so how long should li wait before i goto doc or might be something serious . i mean yesteray i couldn't touch it today slight pain nothing to write home about .

scared to pin again actually ...

Paranoid Fitness
11-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Honestly, it doesn't sound like an infection to me but I am not a doctor.
If the swelling continues I'd seek medical attention.
Tell them you think you got bit by something and it got infected.
You'll get more input in the morning I'm sure. It's late right now.

Simply_Michael
11-24-2012, 11:51 PM
thanks again PF ..

anyone else wanna chime in please do thanks ... not going to doc until at least tues cause its my day off so have to deal with it till then or wed (if i do go )

also should i pin again since it got bad this time with the pec. i should also tell u i did a pin of test E the day before in right pec and went smoothly no issues .

Simply_Michael
11-25-2012, 12:24 AM
more pics as u can see kinda "stretch marks from the pec and then also the arm pit . i imagin from where it swelled up so much just trying to give as much detail and pics as possible so one day this might be a sticky or reference guide to someone

Simply_Michael
11-25-2012, 04:24 AM
recent pics from this morning

report not as tight this morning and redness going away .. stretches seems to have went down

heavyiron
11-25-2012, 06:11 AM
Try a different pin site and use less volume to see what happens. I use glutes when I have an irritating oil. If it keeps happening I would filter the batch with a whatman syrine filter.

Simply_Michael
11-25-2012, 06:14 AM
so u think nothing to worry about then correct . just the live and life of test prop . where do u recommend sites so i can still function. so u don't think its infected and honored u looked at my log . since the restart of all rep points i haven't been on much i had bunch of stars now none . i was a somebody lol

Simply_Michael
11-25-2012, 06:18 AM
what point should i start to worry and see a doc been 5 days and any tips besides hot heat and bennie to ease and quicking the swoll

Chrisotpherm
11-25-2012, 08:08 AM
I have the same reaction when using prop and sometimes the carrier can cause and allergic reaction. Fever, chills, itching so forth. I combat this will benadryl and usually stops allergic symptoms. I will pin glutes and less volume to see if a change occurs and goes from there. An infection will begin to swell up into a knot like a big kit and really sore to the touch.

Simply_Michael
11-25-2012, 08:15 PM
thanks soreness gone today and got heating pad and bennie on it . so we shall see . i will update . How do i know if absesss like a lump correct and red ring near injection . right now pec is like the old school toys ballons with water in it

Simply_Michael
11-25-2012, 11:14 PM
how long shall i wait to see a doc about swelling ?

Paranoid Fitness
11-25-2012, 11:50 PM
If it isn't sore to the touch and there's no hard knot at the injection site it probably isn't an infection.
Quite possibly some of your oil either didn't go into the muscle tissue or leaked out of it.

As Heavy suggested, pin in the glute next time, use less oil and see how it feels.
If you get the same reaction a second time you need to decide if it's worth it to continue pinning the prop.

As far as going to see the doc, you need to do that when you believe it's time.
Keep an eye on your body temp, BP and heart rate.
If you're worried you have an infection I say don't wait.

I wish I could tell you one way or another what to do but I'm not a doctor.
I've never had a reaction to prop or anything else that swelled enough to give me stretch marks so I can't honestly tell you what I would do in your situation.

You've had some pretty experienced guys weigh in on your situation.
Now it's up to you to decide what you need to do.

I wish you luck, my friend.

Simply_Michael
11-26-2012, 12:11 AM
ok gang wanted to report back ..cause i just found this out . the source ..won't name gave me test susp .. so i did 2ml of susp in muscle not prop ... any different opinions ..didnt know if mattered . changing source of course