• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Herbal Liver Complex supplement opinions needed!

D

david

IML Gear Cream!
Who here takes liver pills?

I take Solgar's "Herbal Liver Complex" which consists of:

Extract form:
Standardized Milk Thistle
Tumeric
Dandelion
Schisandra
Picrorizha kurroa
Phosphatidylcholine (non extract)
Phylantrus Amarus

Powder:
Dandelion
Milk thistle

- Does anyone else take a form of this?
- Do you believe that a product like this really supports the liver functions?
- What is your opinion on this particular product and brand?
- How many of these would you take daily??

That's a good formula David....but not a "Liver Pill"

That pill also supports adrenal, bladder and kidney function and should be cylced for best results (one bottle, then a 1-3 week break)

What we look for is Milk Thistle extract, standardized for 80% Silymarin content...the more mgs, the better.. Good Products are Thisylin by Natures's Way, STD MT, same company, Power Milk Thistle by Nature's Herbs, and we especially like Liver Support by Natrol...only $13.99 SRP, STD MT, Dandelion. Burdock and other 'support' herbs! :D

Originally posted by Dr. Pain
That's a good formula David....but not a "Liver Pill"

Not to be smart or anything but in a generic sense so that our readers know, I mentioned pill due it's form and it not being a liquid. But since you brought it up, why do you say it's not a "liver Pill"?

That pill also supports adrenal, bladder and kidney function and should be cylced for best results (one bottle, then a 1-3 week break)

I never knew this. Any particular reason why one needs to do this?

What we look for is Milk Thistle extract, standardized for 80% Silymarin content...the more mgs, the better.. Good Products are Thisylin by Natures's Way, STD MT, same company, Power Milk Thistle by Nature's Herbs, and we especially like Liver Support by Natrol...only $13.99 SRP, STD MT, Dandelion. Burdock and other 'support' herbs! :D

Although I have seen other Milk thistle supplement (note: I didn't say Liver pill! :haha: ) I always looked for the Silymarin content as well only bc/ it's highly suggested by herbalist/Doctor's. So wouldn't you think that Solaray's Milk Thistle stand alone is a joke bc/ it does not contain the Silymarin ingredient? I will definitely try the Natrol's though. Just curious though, is there a stronger more potent style liver support prescribed besides those who have liver disfunctions ie. hepatitis (Pamela Anderson) My friend claims he gets some crap from Switzerland but has not stated the manufacturer etc. Is he full of crap? Also, how do you feel about Inferon? Besides the hair loss etc.

Last edited:
Originally posted by david
Although I have seen other Milk thistle supplement (note: I didn't say Liver pill! :haha: ) I always looked for the Silymarin content as well only bc/ it's highly suggested by herbalist/Doctor's. So wouldn't you think that Solaray's Milk Thistle stand alone is a joke bc/ it does not contain the Silymarin ingredient? I will definitely try the Natrol's though. Just curious though, is there a stronger more potent style liver support prescribed besides those who have liver disfunctions ie. hepatitis (Pamela Anderson) My friend claims he gets some crap from Switzerland but has not stated the manufacturer etc. Is he full of crap? Also, how do you feel about Inferon? Besides the hair loss etc.

First...liver pills are made out of liver...we consider this a "Liver Protective" Or "Hepatics"

If you had Hep, A, B, C, D or E...you may or may not cycle the product.....we cycle some herbs for maximum effectivenesss, and some because the liver itself has to "deal" with them, and sometimes to reduce an autotoxicity reaction form rapid cleansing, often MT and other herbs are used for a "Course", sometimes 15-20 days, sometimes for months str8....

The fact the Solaray product has MT extract...it should have silymarin, it's just not claiming the degree of standardization.

If we are talking Hep C...there are herb support products like we are talking about, homeopathics, cleansing and eating regeims...Artichoke (the herb) aids w/liver function, gluthathione cleanses. protects and detoxes as do several other things :D

I have no opinion on Interferon...sorry :D

DP

Very interesting! :thumb: It's strange no one else has opinions on this or even use this product. I guess I'm the only one that admittingly uses aspirin! :haha:

Thanks again!

PS.

"My friend claims he gets some crap from Switzerland but has not stated the manufacturer etc. "

In your reply, "there are herb support products like we are talking about, homeopathics, cleansing and eating regeims." was this your response??

Rats! I was hoping you had info on that bc/ then I could ask him if he was taking it.... on the other hand, I believe he's just full of crap! :lol:

I don't know why he keeps it such a secret, though.

Back