PDA

View Full Version : New to TRT..Need advice on what to expect...

sneedham
12-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Hey Guys,

I am on Depo-Test at 200 mg every 2 weeks (injections). I started three weeks ago and feel a lot better I noticed an increase in my sex drive, my mood is better, and in the gym I am starting to feel it as well. Being brand new to this I am not sure exactly what I should be feeling, I thought my libido would be a little stronger?? Below are my lab results:

1. Toal Test 353
2. Free Testosterone 40.9
3. Bio-Available 87.7
4. Globulin 37
5. Albumin Serum 4.7
6. DHEA, LC/MS/MS 155
7. Dihydrotestosterone, LC/MS/MS 36
8. FSH 1.8
9. LH 2.1
10. Prolactin 6.5
11. Estradiol 22
12. PSA, Total 1.2

Any advice or reccomendations would be great. I am getting my lab work back tommorow to see what I peaked at, and to talk with my urologist about my TRT in general. I realize I am just beggining and this is a starting point I just want to be back to normal well better than normal range..LOL
By the way that lab work was my first labs before starting any TRT....:winkfinger:

zdudezdud
12-31-2012, 11:29 AM
i would split my injections 100ml every week at least or 50ml 2x week. Also are you using HCG and an AI?

sneedham
12-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Only the depo-test...What are the other two??

zdudezdud
01-01-2013, 08:29 AM
AI is for controlling estrogen (E2) levels something like arimidex will work. When injection Testosterone some of it will aromatize into estrogen so to control use an AI. If your e2 levels get two high you?re going to feel just as bad as you did before starting TRT. Also, if you?re prone to Gyno you have to watch the e2 conversion. There is a lot more info on e2 this is only a few little points. I would talk with your doc about it and make sure he tests you for e2 not total e tell him you want e2 test. Also, if your doc is unwilling to treat e2 or check it do it yourself at a private lab. I use a product called Formeron now instead of the arimidex but that is just personal preference I guess.

HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin)
500iu per day injection will keep your balls working to a point, and from shrinking. That is the short answer to that.

The Prototype
01-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Do you do your own injections or does the dr do it? If you do it at home I would suggest doing it once a week at 100 mg rather than 200 mg every two weeks. It will keep your blood levels more stable.

sneedham
01-01-2013, 09:24 AM
I do my own injections, it does make sense to do 100 every week to keep my levels more stable. Also thank you for the AI and HCG info.. I will talk to my DR...Thanks guys... I def do not want my E2 to go higher....

sneedham
01-01-2013, 05:52 PM
When starting this thread I assumed I was on Depo-Test. I am not!!! My BAD!!! I am on CYPIONATE..... 200 mg every 10 days....
Cypionate 200mg per 1ml /10ml bottle
Bezyl Benzoate 20%, w/ Benzyl Alcohol 0.9% as preservative, in cottonseed oil..... :shooter:

independent
01-01-2013, 07:54 PM
When starting this thread I assumed I was on Depo-Test. I am not!!! My BAD!!! I am on CYPIONATE..... 200 mg every 10 days....
Bezyl Benzoate 20%, w/ Benzyl Alcohol 0.9% as preservative, in cottonseed oil..... :shooter:

Depotest is just the brand name for cyp.

malfeasance
01-14-2013, 06:14 AM
So 100 every 5 days.

oufinny
01-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Curious what your levels will be on only 100mg per week. That is the low end of the range for prescription is it not?

twotree
01-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Curious what your levels will be on only 100mg per week. That is the low end of the range for prescription is it not?

That's what I was started on. Got a second opinion and he bumped to 120. Solid gains in strength, mood, etc. Depends on the doc I guess. The original doc wants me around 400. The second said 800-1000.
Edit. Oh btw, 100/week got me to 525 4 days after inj.

sneedham
01-21-2013, 07:50 AM
That's what I was started on. Got a second opinion and he bumped to 120. Solid gains in strength, mood, etc. Depends on the doc I guess. The original doc wants me around 400. The second said 800-1000.
Edit. Oh btw, 100/week got me to 525 4 days after inj.

First I think everyone is differant and may react as such. But I can tell you after my first labs on 100mg/ml once a week my total test was about 500. I would like to be around 800 but have not gotten to that discussion with DR. So far I have noticed a def increase in energy and strength and my workouts are proving to be pretty good with fair gains. I go back in to the dr in a week to check all my levels, free, total, RBC, estradiol, etc... If I am at same level I am going to ask if I can increase dosage to get up to a better level.
One thing I do not notice so much is an increase in my libido?? I am hoping that my test is not converting to estrogen....I am not on an AI blocker, yet....Let me no how you make out...
Shane

hoyle21
01-21-2013, 08:04 AM
First thing I noticed was I slept better, then increase in energy, then morning wood.

I take 200 mgs weekly and test out at around 490. I'd like to be higher.

twotree
01-21-2013, 12:43 PM
First I think everyone is differant and may react as such. But I can tell you after my first labs on 100mg/ml once a week my total test was about 500. I would like to be around 800 but have not gotten to that discussion with DR. So far I have noticed a def increase in energy and strength and my workouts are proving to be pretty good with fair gains. I go back in to the dr in a week to check all my levels, free, total, RBC, estradiol, etc... If I am at same level I am going to ask if I can increase dosage to get up to a better level.
One thing I do not notice so much is an increase in my libido?? I am hoping that my test is not converting to estrogen....I am not on an AI blocker, yet....Let me no how you make out...
Shane
I'm in the same situation... I'm self medicating AI with research exemestane and alternating with erase pro.
You could always fudge your numbers by taking less test before your blood work, but that involves morals, of which I have little.

sneedham
02-09-2013, 09:15 PM
I have my Dr. appt tomoorow to go over my lab results. But first a question and some advice from some of the gurus here. My second injection I started to notice a nice increase in my libido which was fantastic, but now it has gone back down? As suggested I started doing 100mg/ml once a week which def seems better than 200mg/ml once every two weeks. I will admit to bumping mself up a bit, but not much, maybe 150mg/ml once a week. Please refer to my baseline labs at the start of this post. I am not taking anything else and am wondering if I need an AI blocker and if I do what kind, and how much...I am happy with my energy level, my strength and growth, but really want the sex drive back....HELP!!!!!

keith1569
02-09-2013, 11:25 PM
First thing I noticed was I slept better, then increase in energy, then morning wood.

I take 200 mgs weekly and test out at around 490. I'd like to be higher.

how many days after your shot is your test around 490? do you split it into 100mg 2x a week?

twotree
02-10-2013, 04:47 AM
how many days after your shot is your test around 490? do you split it into 100mg 2x a week?

I go 2x/week. I've been through the up/downs of e2w, then ew, and finally 2x/week.

hoyle21
02-10-2013, 04:49 AM

I do one inject on Saturday. Blood was drawn on Monday.

I've had 4 blood tests now and I have never cracked 500.

keith1569
02-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Oh ok
Good to know
Thanks man

sneedham
02-10-2013, 12:23 PM
I do 100mg/ml once a week...And my total T was at 495 after 4 days....

sneedham
02-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Ok...Got my labs back and went over everything I could think of with my DR. However my estadiol is high (48), my baseline was 22...OUCH..He is fairly knowleadgable and said that I neede an AI which after reading through te forums that is what I was hoping for. He put me on Aromadex 1mg per day. My question is what can I expect from this AI? Will it lower my E or just keep it the same? My total T was 615 and he said he did not want me over 1000 or so...WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!! My free T was 147 and my Dihydrotestosterone was 82 which I though was bit high...One more thing, will my sex drive come back when and if my E comes back down???????

twotree
02-13-2013, 03:45 AM
AI will prevent the aromitazition of test--->E2. So yes, it will lower it. I for one want higher dht, like yours. Good to see your doc understands proper test ranges. I have to back way off my trt before my May blood test because he thought 525 was almost too high.
sounds like all is well in your world
And high E2 can lower sex drive. Also, when your AI kicks in, you may sweat a lot in your sleep, heads up.

zdudezdud
02-13-2013, 04:11 PM
1 mg of arimidex per day is way to high your going to feel like total shit. You will feel good when you fall through the 25-20 E2 range then as you keep falling your going to feel major brain fog you will feel very tired no matter how much sleep you get you may start having terrible hot flashes along with back sweating. Depending on your TRT schedule/dose guessing that your not doing anymore than 200mg week.
if your at 200/week the most arimidex you should start with is 2mg which is still kind of high. Just watch out when you crash your E2 your going to hate life.

My normal TRT protocol. tues 250iu hcg .25 arimidex
wed
thurs 75 mg test
fri 250iu hcg .25 arimidex
sat
sun 250iu hcg

You can do HCG 2x week at 500 if you prefer. monday 75mg test

sneedham
02-13-2013, 08:03 PM
1 mg of arimidex per day is way to high your going to feel like total shit. You will feel good when you fall through the 25-20 E2 range then as you keep falling your going to feel major brain fog you will feel very tired no matter how much sleep you get you may start having terrible hot flashes along with back sweating. Depending on your TRT schedule/dose guessing that your not doing anymore than 200mg week.
if your at 200/week the most arimidex you should start with is 2mg which is still kind of high. Just watch out when you crash your E2 your going to hate life.

My normal TRT protocol. tues 250iu hcg .25 arimidex
wed
thurs 75 mg test
fri 250iu hcg .25 arimidex
sat
sun 250iu hcg

You can do HCG 2x week at 500 if you prefer. monday 75mg test

I think I will go with .25 mg eod until my next labs..Also when do you think I will start to feel the aromidex start to kick in??? Also thank you to TWOTREE!!!!

Arnold
02-13-2013, 08:18 PM
My advice is inject at least 100mg weekly, not 200mg biweekly, better yet inject 200mg weekly, then you will feel a lot more!

sneedham
02-13-2013, 09:17 PM
My advice is inject at least 100mg weekly, not 200mg biweekly, better yet inject 200mg weekly, then you will feel a lot more!

TY Prince
I am actually doing 150mg/ml per week..But my E2 has now become high (48) where my baseline was about 20. So DR put me on Arimadex to bring E2 down. He told me 1 mg ed, but I believe that is to much, so am doing .25 eod...How long before I feel the arimadex kick in????

Arnold
02-18-2013, 06:25 PM
I use .5mg ED.

malfeasance
02-19-2013, 06:35 AM
I use .5mg ED.

For how much testosterone, and, also, was this in response to e2 levels on blood tests or was it just by feel? Have you blood tested the long term result of .5mg daily on your estrogen?

PS - looking great in that avatar! Big and ripped! I hate to drag the post off topic, but is it possible to hold that type of conditioning? I would love to look just like that all summer.

sneedham
02-19-2013, 09:33 AM
For how much testosterone, and, also, was this in response to e2 levels on blood tests or was it just by feel? Have you blood tested the long term result of .5mg daily on your estrogen?

PS - looking great in that avatar! Big and ripped! I hate to drag the post off topic, but is it possible to hold that type of conditioning? I would love to look just like that all summer.

I bet Prince does....High metabolism, good diet and knows what he is doing...

BrooklynMuscle
03-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Was given 200mg EOW. Suggested in doing 100mg EW but Dr said it would not make a difference and said to keep it as is. I'd like to increase it to 200mg a week. What can I say for the reason on the need of increase?

sneedham
03-17-2013, 07:49 PM
BrooklynMuscle,
As far as going with 100 mg per week, you should hint to your DR that it would help keep your blood levels more stable. About going to 200mg per week would depend on your levels and what your DR feels is a normal range.
What is your total T and free T?