• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Sugar-Substitue- Six pack abs?

Karlito

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've got I bet maybe 7 pounds of fat left to lose to have highly defined abs, and I'd like to have it done in about a month (I've already lost 30 pounds of fat over the last 4 months)

I've been having a large cup of coffee with a single half-and-half micro-container, and some sugar substitute (might be equal? whichever one doesn't have saccharin) with Dextrose. A single packet of it. Around 3, about a half-hour before a WHey protein shake. It's really my one "treat" of the day....

Am I killing my goals by doing this? Diet otherwise is ok......

I've never heard of a sugar substitute with dextrose in it. Dextrose is a very high glycemic carb. Switch to sucralose (Splenda) brand sweetener.

TJ

Ok, since I just got back from the java shop down the corner..... :)

The two types they have down there are

"Indulge": which says it's got Dextrose with malodextrin and aspartame.

The other is "Sweet and Low, which has "nutritive Dextrose" and Calcium Sacchrin.

If I have to choose between one of these man-made monsters, which should it be to not screw up my diet plans?

Or should I go look for Splenda in the grocery and keep it at home?

Go look for Splenda or Stevia, watch out for Stevia though sometimes they mix other..... things with it, you want pure Stevia.

TJ

Well yes there are some negatives on sucralose but it seems to be the one that's most accepted, aspartame being the most not accepted. Saccharine just taste bad IMO. Stevia has a.... unique taste too. I can stand it so I use it.

TJ

OK!@#$ I am a moron for sure, just looked at a packet of Splenda and there is maltodextrin and dextrose!! HUH! Sorry Karlito, I gave you some wrong info out of my own ignorance. I guess I should out the fact b4 I speak :)

TJ

Ok, so it's essentially agreed upon by lifters and fitness folks that Splenda and Stevia are the way to go if you must sweeten something?

IML Gear Cream!
Just got an email back from mendosa's site about maltodextrin and dextrose used in non nutrative sweeteners. They said that they use these to add bulk and that they add almost no calories or carbs and have no effect on the GI of the product, so yes either or and don't worry about those stupid ingredients :D

TJ

Back