• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Diet Advice (yet another ;)

kanun

renewbie
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey all. I've been reading stuff on this forum for quite a while, and I think my diet is fairly suitable for my goals. But lately I haven't really been growing and I think it's about time I posted my diet for some expert analysis. :) So:
17yrs old, endomorphic body type.
<170cm tall, 150lbs, moderate bf.
Trying to put on mass, following this routine.

Average Daily Diet:
Meal 1: 8am
Shake (22g P)
Oatmeal
Handful of Peanuts

Meal 2: 11am
Tuna, Mayonnaise & Lettuce Sandwich on wholewheat bread.

Meal 3: Lunch 1.30pm
(Changes everyday, but generally something like: )
Roast chicken (breast)
Roast potatoes
Some greens (green salad, or string beans)

Meal 4: 4/5pm
Same as meal 2

Meal 5: 7pm
Protein Shake (22g)
(multiple) Handful of peanuts
Oatmeal, often raw

Meal 6: 9pm
Cooked turkey
2 Fried eggs
*Some carbs- maybe wholewheat bread or oatmeal

Post Workout: 2scoops protein (44g), and some juice or fruit for sugar.

Of course this isn't always the same, but it's pretty much an average day for me. Anyway, what can you guys suggest to help me add more muscle?
I don't count calories, but I'm pretty sure I'm not getting enough (my weight hasn't increased in a while). I'm uinder the impression I should up my fats, which would also give me the extra calories, but I thought I'd post my diet anyway for any other advice anyone can offer.

Thanks for reading! :thumb:

Couple things off the top....up the whey to 1.5 scoops, whenyou say oatmeal what is the dry measured amount? Try to add some flax oil into the diet...maybe some additional fats such as more nuts, natural peanut butter, etc.

The sandwhich...you may want to add a scoop of whey and some flax oil to this. The post worlout shake...try having maltodextrin or dextrose instead of juice...or you may want to have the whey and then some rice or something high glycemic.

Overall though I think you're on the right track...esp since you're just 17...that's pretty healthy eating for your age!

If I were you I would have a much bigger breakfast, add in 6-8 eggs/egg whites with your oats, remember this is the first meal of the day and you have been sleeping for however long you sleep a night, begin the day right. I would also up the carb intake for the day much higher, especially if you want to gain weight. Don't be afraid to get in some fats. Like fit freak said, get some ALA and CLA into your diet. Most importantly though i would seriously rethink your post workout meals. The two hours after your training you should be eating everything insight, some fruit juice isn't enough, you need more carbs than that. This is your chance during the day to eat carbs that have a high glycemic value. Take advantage of the fact that your body is in the most anabolic state of the day after your W/O and eat eat eat. You can't be afraid to lose those abs while bulking. remember if you want to be big, EAT BIG. hope that helps.

Thanks for replying.
Originally posted by Fit Freak
when you say oatmeal what is the dry measured amount? Try to add some flax oil into the diet...maybe some additional fats such as more nuts, natural peanut butter, etc.
I don't normally measure my oatmeal, I just take enough to fill my bowl - which is around 50g.
About flax- is there something particularly special about it? Or would using other oils (like virgin olive oil) suffice? Flax oil is hard to find around here, and I have a feeling it'll be expensive :rolleyes:
Originally posted by gr81
The two hours after your training you should be eating everything insight, some fruit juice isn't enough, you need more carbs than that. This is your chance during the day to eat carbs that have a high glycemic value. Take advantage of the fact that your body is in the most anabolic state of the day after your W/O and eat eat eat. You can't be afraid to lose those abs while bulking. remember if you want to be big, EAT BIG. hope that helps.
Yeah, you're right & I need to push myself (to eat) more. I just find it hard to eat SO much, but I guess I'll have to if I want to grow :)

I would start to measure your oatmeal...since you're looking to gain weight try to consume 1 cup (dry measure)...about 60g carbs.

Flax...yes...it's high in omega 3 fatty acids (EFAs)....you can find it at any health food store...it's more than olive oil but not very expensive...buy it in oil form not capsules otherwise it is expensive.

Strive for 1-2 Tbsp per day and never heat it since the essential fats breakdown....try adding it to your shakes...even your oatmeal if you can stand the taste.

Back