• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Patrick Roy to retire, according to report

I Are Baboon

pedal pedal pedal
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ESPN article

Colorado's Patrick Roy is retiring, ending the 18-year career of one of the greatest goaltenders in NHL history, a team source told The Associated Press on Tuesday. Roy will make the announcement at a 4 p.m. ET news conference Wednesday, the source said on condition of anonymity.

I never liked the guy so I'm glad to see him leave. :D Regardless of what I think, there is no denying he's one of the best ever

Originally posted by I Are Baboon

I never liked the guy so I'm glad to see him leave. :D

DITTO.......

Regardless of what I think, there is no denying he's one of the best ever

I really don't think he's one of the best. He's good but he does not fit in one of the best.........

Hey Rusty!

The Following was taken from the NHL.com "Best Players Ever" Page

Goaltender --

Roy not only holds the record for regular-season wins in the NHL, he also is the all-time leader in victories in the playoffs.
Patrick Roy -- No goaltender in the history of the NHL has had more success between the pipes than Roy. The Colorado Avalanche goaltender not only holds the record for regular-season wins in the NHL, he also is the all-time leader in victories in the playoffs. The Quebec City native has captured four Stanley Cup championships in his stellar career (two with Montreal and two with Colorado). In his rookie year, he not only won his first-ever Stanley Cup, but also captured his first Conn Smythe trophy as playoff MVP. The former Canadien goaltender is the youngest player ever to win the distinguished award (20) and also is the only player ever to win the trophy three times. The future Hall of Famer has won the Vezina trophy three times, the William Jennings Trophy four times and has played in 10 NHL All-Star Games. Roy is the NHL's all-time leading goaltender in games, minutes and shutouts in the postseason and the all-time leader in 10-plus win playoff seasons (8). The Avalanche goalkeeper has won 20 games or more 16 times, 30 or more 12 times and 40 or more one time in his noteworthy career.

http://nhl.com/hockeyu/history/best_players_ever.html

Re: Hey Rusty!

Originally posted by the-ant
The Following was taken from the NHL.com "Best Players Ever" Page

Goaltender --

Roy not only holds the record for regular-season wins in the NHL, he also is the all-time leader in victories in the playoffs.
Patrick Roy -- No goaltender in the history of the NHL has had more success between the pipes than Roy. The Colorado Avalanche goaltender not only holds the record for regular-season wins in the NHL, he also is the all-time leader in victories in the playoffs. The Quebec City native has captured four Stanley Cup championships in his stellar career (two with Montreal and two with Colorado). In his rookie year, he not only won his first-ever Stanley Cup, but also captured his first Conn Smythe trophy as playoff MVP. The former Canadien goaltender is the youngest player ever to win the distinguished award (20) and also is the only player ever to win the trophy three times. The future Hall of Famer has won the Vezina trophy three times, the William Jennings Trophy four times and has played in 10 NHL All-Star Games. Roy is the NHL's all-time leading goaltender in games, minutes and shutouts in the postseason and the all-time leader in 10-plus win playoff seasons (8). The Avalanche goalkeeper has won 20 games or more 16 times, 30 or more 12 times and 40 or more one time in his noteworthy career.

http://nhl.com/hockeyu/history/best_players_ever.html

So, he still sucks big green ones..........

I've never liked him...so-long Patty:)

Back