• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Computer savvy peeps

kuso

Um......get rooted!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Yesterday my WMP was auto downloading some codecs or something to update it, and once it was done a box popped up with something written on it with YES and NO....I just clicked yes without reading it, and now I have no fucking sound.....for any files with any players :bawling:

:help: :help: :help: :help:

See,you should say "NO" to some people sumtime!!!:)
You mean...no little laughing whatnots on AIM when I type LOL???
:( :( :(

Were you using WMP before as your default player? Usually when you update a player it will ask you to see if you want to make it the default player. Then any files that have the wrong ext won't work. If you can track down your files and check the ext you will know if you are using the right player or not.

Loser:p

:grin:

OMG another apparition!!!
LES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They do that! Come and go QUICKLY!!

Download Winamp

I know,I hate dat...
Just wanna say HI...
See how she is,been a long time!!!:(

I bet you had quicktime as your default player.
When you clicked yes it made WMP your default player but you don't have all the files. As stated before, either make you previous player your default player again or download Winamp

Originally posted by kuso
Yesterday my WMP was auto downloading some codecs or something to update it, and once it was done a box popped up with something written on it with YES and NO....I just clicked yes without reading it, and now I have no fucking sound.....for any files with any players :bawling:

:help: :help: :help: :help:

Check your device manager to see if the sound card has issues (a yellow splat by it).

You may need to reinstall the original drivers for the sound card.

Need more details...

Did you make winamp your default player when It asked??

It never asked....just went through the process of download/ install....it then asked if I want to launch and use Winamp which I did...and got nothing with either movies or mp3 :shrug:

perhaps a driver conflict for your sound card as someone already said, just reinstall the drivers for your soundcard.

if that doesnt help, search in microsoft´s site and look for the codecs in the download section, then install them, perhaps some codec got corrupted somehow and may need to be reinstalled.

Originally posted by forciano
just reinstall the drivers for your soundcard.

You make that sound soooo fucking easy :grumble: LOL

I have no idea HOW to do that man.....pretend I`m a 2 year old and explain? :grin: :laugh:

if you know who made your sound card then just go to their site and see if they have any new drivers for it (or if they dont have any new drivers then check to what version you have right now and redownload those from the site) then just reinstall the drives if needed

Did you plug in your speakers?

Sorry couldn't resist. OK, when you say that you don't have sound do you see the files in the player window and you just can't hear them? Or can you not even find the files to load?

IML Gear Cream!
k so next step is to reinstall the drivers, any idea on what sound card you have or what company makes it?
if not fo to control panel, then system, then device maneger (if you are using winxp or 2000 it is where it says hardware then you will see the device maneger button), once in device maneger you will see all your hardware search for the sound card (if there is yellow or red icon thats a bad sign), when there write down the name of the hardware, if its not very specific double click it and a page will apear, choose the option where its says driver and at the top it will say the company that provides the driver.

another thing, just for precaution, check if your volume is not in mute (not in the player but in the master audio control, in you dont know where go to start, all programs, accesories, entretainment, volume control)

o yeah i forgot, you have to restart your pc when you install the codecs, but it prompts you to, i think.
anyways just making sure you did that

Crunch, yes....CQ, yes and yes I can see, just not hear them.

Forciano.......In the device manager I don`t have anything listed as "sound card" But under device it says "YAMAHA AC-XG Audio device"

now double click on it, and after when the next little page apears go where it says driver(s), and at the top it says who makes the drivers.

by the way whats your Operative System? you will have to download one specifacly for you OS.

Back