PDA

View Full Version : Can my physician gave me trt

Machmood
06-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Ok so I've seen a lot about HRT clinics, but can my general family physian prescribe me 250mg of test a week with an AI and hcg if he feels its nessasary. Can it be any DR or specifically a endo or someone specificly licensed for HRT?

06-02-2013, 12:48 AM
I can be any medical person that prescribes meds....many nurse practioners prescribe TRT.

dave 236
06-02-2013, 07:07 AM
I can be any medical person that prescribes meds....many nurse practioners prescribe TRT.

Not sure that PAs and FNPs can prescribe schedule 3s which for some asanine reasons is what testosterone is. Maybe someone can say for certain but i think they cant write scripts for any thing past sched. 4 . Either way to the OP yes your gp can prescribe trt for you but most wont give you enough and likely not inj at first anyway. My doctor finally gave in to cyp inj. After a year on Androgel didnt have much of an effect; but he is more open to listening to me than most doctors.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

ohiostate2827
06-02-2013, 06:59 PM
my family dr gives me mine..

NTL
06-02-2013, 07:55 PM
The company I work for has us a doctor on site to help cut down on medical cost.This doctor put everybody that ask on trt. I don't use him because I like a higher dose than he normally gives.In time I will probably go with him.

sneedham
06-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Yes, your GP can.....But try and go to him/her with some good information and facts about TRT or you will not get anywhere. I went to my urologist with a whole chapter on TRT and had to explain to him how an AI would be beneficial to TRT.... Just do it in a nice way....