PDA

View Full Version : Hcg for hrt

Matt816
07-25-2013, 10:02 AM
I am 33 years old, 6'4 280lbs and have been on hrt for 4 years now. Combination of androgel and test cyp to keep levels steady. Precscribed and monitored by dr. In my 20's I used AS a couple times and I am not sure if that contributed to low t. I always followed correct protocol to get the natural process going again. Anyway recently I went to an Endo cuz the wife and I are trying to get pregnant only to find out I have 0 sperm count. So, my Endo plan was stop testosterone altogether and start hcg at 2500iu a week. So I have stopped testosterone and feel like shit. It has been a week and he gave me clomid to help but I still feel weak and lethargic. Should hcg alone improve my energy and raise testosterone taken after 4 years on hrt?

independent
07-25-2013, 10:28 AM
It wont hurt but only blood work will tell if its working. Maybe get on some hmg too, it mimics fsh.

Matt816
07-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks bigmoe.... Endo mentioned hmg. I'm going back in 6 weeks for blood and sperm count. Guess we will go from there. I just hate this feeling being tired all the time. I know hrt is a lifelong process. Can I run hcg/hmg along with hrt long term? I have done some research and have not found a straight answer on that topic. Maybe there isn't one...

independent
07-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Thanks bigmoe.... Endo mentioned hmg. I'm going back in 6 weeks for blood and sperm count. Guess we will go from there. I just hate this feeling being tired all the time. I know hrt is a lifelong process. Can I run hcg/hmg along with hrt long term? I have done some research and have not found a straight answer on that topic. Maybe there isn't one...

A lot guys on trt run hcg not hmg on trt. Most guys dont worry about sperm count on trt. When you start the hcg from the endo is he giving you single high doses or are you splitting it up during the week. Hcg causes huge spikes in estrogen so you might want to mention the use of an aromatase inhibitor. The hcg will bump test levels which should make you feel better but high estro can make you feel worse.

Matt816
07-25-2013, 02:46 PM
He said Twice a week, but I don't mind taking eod if your saying it will cause less of spike in estrogen. I can ask for anti estrogen. I don't know if he will give it to me

Matt816
07-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Would clomid work as anti estrogen for hcg?

independent
07-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Inject eod, clomid only blocks estro in breast tissue i believe.

Matt816
07-25-2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the help. I'm gonna do eod and I'm gonna ask Endo if he can give me some arimidex.