• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Protein shake question

spooky

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone know if it is ok to make a protein shake and then refrigerate it for awhile before I drink it? I usually make one before I go to bed then bring it to work and drink it around 9am. Is this ok, or does the protein lose its effect? (if you know what I mean)

Its fine. I always make my shakes ahead of time just as long as it stays cold.

Don't add creatine to it if it's going to sit for long.

actually thats the worst thing you can do. once whey is mixed with liquid it should be drank with in 1-2 hours max because whey is a milk derviative and when it mixed it loses it potency and can spoil really fast. I kow this because I did this and ended up paying the price of a distended belly, because spoil milk forms a tar in your colon and it take a few days to get back to normal ...

I've never heard this before and I've been doing it for a few years. I've never had a problem :confused:

I would love to see an article or something on that. I'll have to see if I can find anything :D

Originally posted by hardasnails1973
actually thats the worst thing you can do. once whey is mixed with liquid it should be drank with in 1-2 hours max because whey is a milk derviative and when it mixed it loses it potency and can spoil really fast. I kow this because I did this and ended up paying the price of a distended belly, because spoil milk forms a tar in your colon and it take a few days to get back to normal ...

What do you mean by a distended belly????

Originally posted by PB&J
Don't add creatine to it if it's going to sit for long.
I dont know about that stomach thing, but definetly don't let your creatine sit or it will turn into creatinine, a useless waste product.

Isn't distended belly a side effect from being latose intolerent and not because you had a pre-mixed protein shake

Its fine ...I agree with Jodi as well...

I know you guys may blast me for doing this but I can not stand thick shakes.

I found if I put in lukewarm water to the shake, the consistency is like milk.

That way I could just down it in no time.

But thats going to change since I tried Nectar by Syntrax. Nectar taste awesome and I dont mind taking my time to drink the stuff

IML Gear Cream!
Distended belly is known in BB land as GH gut (called roid gut often though). Different reason of course, but its a swollen gut.

yea kinda like Ronnie Coleman and Markus Rohl........fucking nasty, both of them. many others as well,

Jay better win Olympia this year

Originally posted by hardasnails1973
once whey is mixed with liquid it should be drank with in 1-2 hours max because whey is a milk derviative and when it mixed it loses it potency and can spoil really fast.

Huh?

Did you just make this up?

Back