PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

46and2
10-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Hello everyone, this is my first thread here. I am 35 and for the last several years have shown symptoms of low testosterone including severely reduced sex drive, lack of motivation, memory and concentration issues, and some others. I went to the urologist last week and he had the nurse draw blood for tests. I should get those results today or tomorrow but I'm not terribly optimistic since they didn't appear to test for LH, FSH, etc. I've talked to a couple of clinics as well, but I am trying to keep the cost down and go through insurance if at all possible. I've learned a ton by reading here, and I'm scared I may already know more about TRT than my doc. :mooh: I'll keep this thread updated with what transpires, but in the meantime I'm just saying hello!

SwoleZilla
10-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Welcome to IM!!!

Machmood
10-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Hey man good luck with your doc. It's scary that we know more then some docs about trt, but as long as he's willing to listen to you and is flexible you should be fine. Once you find a doc who will write the script that's 80% of the battle. My doc said he prescribes the gel and only injection in rare cases in our first appt. once I got tested and he was comfterble giving me trt I said I preferred injection and he said ok. He doesn't give his patients AI but i said I have high estrogen to begin with and wanted to get tested after 4 weeks to see where my levels are, he said ok. Don't just "ok" him to death and switch docs if he doesn't imemdialty give you what you want. Tell him what you feel comfterble with and want and go from there.

46and2
10-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Thanks man. The gel is going to be a no-go for me as I teach kids martial arts and I fear and transfer of the material, plus I shower 2-3 times a day. And there's the whole thing of it being more expensive and less effective than injections. :D We didn't really talk much about TRT, he did say that if I wanted kids we'd have to try Clomid first as testosterone makes you sterile. Since this was my first visit I didn't feel like bringing up HCG and debating that, nor did I mention trying Clomid would be silly without knowing LH and FSH to see if I have primary or secondary hypogonadism. I could be jumping the gun anyway, as I suppose it's possible that it's not low testosterone. I just don't know what else it would be based on the symptoms.