• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

T3 and hypothyroidism Help

bigcoachk

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Looking for some help for my poor wife. We are both workout freaks and she was diagnosed with
hypothyroidism about a year ago. She is very depressed as she has gain a lot of weight even while
dieting and exercising. The med she is one righ now "synthroid" seems to not do anything and the dr.
seems not to worry to much about her weight gain but anyone knows a woman especially one that
is in tune with fitness would be deeply depressed. I have been researching t3 which i have never used
I was interested in knowing if this could help with her problem. Thanks for any help or any references i can
see.

first off find a new doctor...one that specializes in women's hormone/thyroid hrt...most of these doctors just enter the women s symptoms into a data base and it spits out synthroid as the answer..ask questions??

1-has she had a ultra sound of here thyroid?

2-what are her t3 levels?..is her t4 even really low?

most would think he did labs..but did he?

he needs to rule out possible causes like scaring of the thyroid...overall the vast majority of women i have seen with hypo thyroids find the best solution to be Armour thyroid...either alone or with additional t3 and t4..

make sure to get labs that also show her estradiol..progesterone and testosterone levels...there's a lot of underlying issues that this doctor has either dismissed or not even known exist..

lastly dont self medicate a problem that you dont understand why its happening...this could only make matters worse..

^^ I agree with all of this..plus a vit D test.

a lot of doctors base their their dosing on TSH which is a largely irrelevant number especially if medicated.
a LOT of people do not respond to synthroid. There are more than a half a dozen alternatives out there. My own personal favorite is actually the thai brand which I Used to have cheap and easy access to...I did NOT self medicate though in the sense that my doctor knew full well where I got my meds and agreed it was a good idea as long as I kept up my labs. Course my DR also asked me once if I knew anyone in canada so she could prescribe me a certain bcp that wasn't available in the US so shes a rare find.

you need a competent endocrinologist which is harder than it sounds. Most endos really only treat diabetes and get muddled down with everything else. The only problem with the sex hormone panel alongside the thyroid panel is it becomes a chicken or the egg type of problem and it needs to be carefully sorted. I've had very mixed results with any research chem or ugl t3. Real brand cytomel used to be easy to obtain but I really haven't checked it out in a long time.

a good way to find out about the endo is to call them and flat out ask the receptionist if the dr treats thyroid problems, then ask if he prescribes dessicated thyroid at all. If they're reluctant to answer or become defensive, move on to the next office. (stop the thyroid madness used to have a list of drs compiled, idk if they still do)

If you strike out there..start looking for an hrt and or sports medicine dr...the sports medicine dr would be my first choice but the waiting list for any of these drs can be very long (including a good endo).

good luck but she really really needs recent labs or a VERY good feel of the meds. I'm going on 7 years with hypothyroidism and know when my labs are gonna come out not so hot by my skin, water retention and my hearing. I'd be surprised if she had the hypothyroidism nailed down in a year really.

Thanks for all the help guys we has another appointment with her endo before thanksgiving and i will go with her and tell the dr. everythign you guys have mentioned. i am thinking we need to try another dr.

Back