• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

New to trt

13bret

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have recently been put on trt by my V.A. Dr. He prescribed 200mg test cyp in one shot monthly. My total test was 120.6 After researching this protocol seems ridiculous. 200mg makes me feel great but for how long? 7-10 days of awesome and then back to crappy for the rest of the month. He wants me to follow this protocol for 6 months and then have blood work. It's the VA so there's not much I can do about that. I've decided to supplement his dosage( after first dose I self inject) and was looking for a conservative dosage to start at per week. I will go back to his protocol at 4 to 4 1/2 months in so my levels will be low as expected and then he can up my dose and frequency. I'm 6'2" 230# less than 15%bfat and have lifted for 10 years.
Thanks for any input

Sent from my A110 using Tapatalk

From what i've heard it's standard protocol for V.A. Doctors. I just gotta follow my plan and surely he'll bump it up to 200mg twice monthly after i start calling every month several times to bitch about it wearing off and me feeling like shit again.

From what i've heard it's standard protocol for V.A. Doctors. I just gotta follow my plan and surely he'll bump it up to 200mg twice monthly after i start calling every month several times to bitch about it wearing off and me feeling like shit again.

That actually sounds like reality, sadly. Is he opposed to aromatase inhibitors like mine? I thought my Rx sucked at 100mg every 10 days, but seriously....

"Usual dosage: 50 to 400 mg of testosterone cypionate or testosterone enanthate every 2 to 4 weeks.[SUP]117[/SUP] [SUP]162[/SUP]
Some clinicians recommend testosterone cypionate or testosterone enanthate dosage of 50 to 100 mg every 7 to 10 days or 100 to 150 mg every 2 weeks.[SUP]f[/SUP] While dosage of 300 mg every 3 weeks also may be considered for convenience, such dosing is associated with wider testosterone fluctuations and generally is inadequate to ensure a consistent clinical response.[SUP]123[/SUP] Serum total testosterone concentrations generally should exceed lower limit of normal (in the range of 250 to 300 ng/dL) just before the next dose.[SUP]123[/SUP]
[SUP]...[/SUP]

Attainment of full virilization may require up to 3 to 4 years of IM testosterone replacement.[SUP]123[/SUP]"

Testosterone Cypionate Monograph for Professionals - Drugs.com

"The half-life of testosterone cypionate when injected intramuscularly is approximately eight days."
Depo-Testosterone (Testosterone Cypionate Injection) Drug Information: Clinical Pharmacology - Prescribing Information at RxList

Seems reasonable that we could build levels with less drop-off if we inject every 7 days.

Last edited:
Back