• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need Help with Current Diet and Exercise

DougWright

Wannabe
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello,

First let me apologize for such a long post, but I wanted to be as complete as possible so as to give you all the details you need. I am new here but I have been reading for a while.
Last year after nearly 10 years of letting myself go I decided it was time to do something about it.

I am a 34 year old male, 5??? 7??? and weigh 230. At my worst last year I was 250. In High school I was very thin and weighed about 145. My body type is thin.

All I started doing last year was walking and eating a bit better, but nothing serious. I got my heart rate, blood pressure and my blood sugar all into what my doctor said were healthy ranges. I improved my wind and did not huff and puff climbing stairs any more.

This past January I joined a Gym and started lifting weight 3 days a week and doing cardio 2 days a week.
I did this up until 2 weeks ago and while I was getting a bit stronger I was not seeing any great improvement. I decided to hire a trainer to show me the ropes and give me a plan. I also had him provide some nutrition advice.

I am now in my second week of that plan and have lost 10 pounds. I know there are things I am doing right and definitely things I am doing wrong. I was hoping I could post my plan and diet here and have some of your valuable input on it.

My goal is to lose fat, (would like to reach 160 eventually) and firm and tone. Maybe then put on a bit of mass but for now concentrate on leaning out.

Here is my menu from the last few days (since I have been tracking protein/fat/carbs)

13-Jul-03 Morning Weight - 232
Exercise Back -20 minutes Bike

6:50 Meso Tech Pouch (Strawberry) (half)
185 ml Skim Milk
10:00 Bagel
Peanut Butter (2tbsp)
1:00 Pita Bread (Fancy Pokket)
Tuna (Ocean's 184g)
Light Miracle Whip (2 Tbsp.)
3:30 Whey Shake - Chocolate (5000 ml water)
Frozen Yogurt -Yozert - Vanilla (130 ml)
6:00 Chicken Breast (175 g)
Potato (250 g)
Skim Milk 250 ML Baxter (250 ml)
9:00 Whey MAXX - Vanilla (250 ml water)

Calories- 2069 Protein - 244.9 (53.4%) Fat-42 (9.2%) Carbs-171.9 (37.5%)

14-Jul-03 Morning Weight - 233
Exercise Shoulders and Abs -20 minutes Bike

6:00 Protein Shake (Whey MAXX vanilla)
8:45 Waffles - Eggo Plus High Fibre (2 Waffles)
1 tbsp peanut butter
Special K Cereal Bar
10:15 Motts Fruitsations
Raisins (14g)
Tea with Sugar
3 Celery Stalks
11:30 Chicken (175 g)
Potato (250 g)
2:15 Apple
Banana
3:00 Apple Juice
6:30 Steak (Lean Sirloin 6 oz)
Salad
9:00 Protein Shake (Whey MAXX vanilla)

Calories-2085.9 protein-195.2 (42%) fat-42.6 (9.2%) carbs-226.8 (48.8%)

15-Jul-03 Morning Weight - 230
Exercise Arms - 10 minutes Bike
7:00 Protein Shake (Whey MAXX Vanilla)
9:45 Xtreme Protein Blast
10:30 Special k Cereal Bar
Tea with Sugar
11:45 Tuna Pita x 2
Light Miracle Whip (4 tbsp)
Delmonte Orange Juice
Banana
2:30 Steak (Lean Sirloin 6 0z)
Apple
3:00 Apple Juice
6:30 Tortilla Wraps
Tortilla Wraps
Steak (Lean Sirloin 6 oz)
9:15 Protein Shake (Whey MAXX Chocolate)

calories- 2843 Protein-309.7 (49%) Fat-53.9 (8.5%) Carbs-268.8 (42.5%)

16-Jul-03 Morning Weight - 232
Exercise Legs - 15 minutes Bike
6:00 Protein Shake (Whey MAXX Vanilla)
8:45 Waffles - Eggo Plus High Fibre (2 Waffles)
1 tbsp peanut butter
10:30 Special k Cereal Bar
Tea with Sugar
Watermelon
11:45 Chicken Breast (175 g)
Potato (125 g)
2:30 Apple
Delmonte Orange Juice
6:00 Extra Lean Ground Beef 8 0z
Salsa
Peas
9:00 Protein Shake (Whey MAXX Vanilla)

Calories-1733 Protein-154.8 (42.5%) Fat-57.75 (15.8%) Carbs-152.1 (41.7%)

Today (July 17th) I weighed in at 230.5

Here is what I was given for a 5 day training plan

Day 1-Chest

Bench Press
Incline Bench
Decline Bench
Superset - Pec Deck/Pec Deck (2 different machines/grips)

Day 2-Back

Lat. Pull Down
Superset - Reverse Grip Lat. Pull Down/Front Lat. Pull Down
T-Bar Row
Machine Row

Day 3-Shoulders and Abs

Super Set - Dumbell Lateral Raise/Front Alternate Dumbell Raise
Upright Rowing - Cable
Rear Pec Deck
Super Set - AB Crunches (Machine)/Leg Raise

Day 4-Arms

Super Set - Tricep Pressdown/Tricep Rope Pressdown
Dumbbell Tricep Ext. Bench (French)
Dumbell Curls To Side
Superset - Arm Curls (Machine) - Left Arm, Right Arm, Both Arms

Day 5-Legs

Super Set - Leg Extensions/Leg Curls
Squat
Standing Calve Raises
Seated Calve Raise

I know I need to throw another AB workout in there, have to see which day provides me the time and I generally do 15 ??? 20 mins of bike after each day (in the target heart rate).

So far I am loving it, I am feeling more burn than ever. I am really stressing form and working to exhaust the muscle to failure on each set. I do 3 sets, one of 12, one of 10 and one of 8. Using only enough weight to cause me to only get that many reps.

Should I not bother with supersets since I am not presently trying to bulk up? Would it not be as good to do each exercise on its own. Are there any exercises I am missing to be more complete.

I thank you in advance for any help/advice you may have???

Doug Wright

If you are liking this Meal Plan and Workout Plan and it is working for you then I see no need to change it.

I can't say I agree with the kinds of foods you are eating but again, If its working, you like it and its something you can stick to then stay with it. :)

Thanks Jodi, I knew you would be right there with some help.

I guess so far it is working, but I have a lot to lose right now (so it should be easy). I am sure I will stop losing soon enough and was wondering what could be improved, tweaked.

A couple things I forgot to mention is I the only fish I can eat is Tuna (just don't like any other fish) and I am taking Flax 3 times a day.

Should I post my exercise routine in the body building forum for critique there. Where I am not specifically trying to bulk up (right now) I would like to be sure I am getting what I need. And would still like some clarification on the supersets.

Thanks again,
Doug

Most definately post it in the Training forum.

As far as your diet goes, when your ready for a tweak and are no longer happy with your results you let us know. I see lots of areas for improvement :D

Doug, Patience and consistancy! :thumb:

Back