• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

my bulking diet-- please rate

S.O.S

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
on an average day this is what i try to eat. i'm 160 lbs 5'11" i dont know what my bf% is and would like to bulk. i dont know much on diets so please tell me what i should change.

meal one 6:30 - 2 whole eggs scrambled w/cheese and ham, 2 slices of toasted wheat bread and either 3 pork sausage links or bacon, and a cup of milk and cup of oj.

then i go to work but i do eat twice while im there usually at 10:30 and 1:30, it usually depends on what they make most of the time its a couple of deli meat sandwiches then chille or chicken tenders and fries.

meal 4 at 4:30 - protein shake w/milk (1 scoop 21g whey) and 1 banana

meal 5 - i try to eat this at 6:30 or 7:00- this is usually something like chicken breast , rice and some kind of greens or some kind of beef like a roast or steak with potatoes or pasta with beef or chicken and a glass of milk.

meal 6 around 9:00 - something like a bratwaurst, sausage, or a couple of hotdogs.

then if i dont go to sleep until 10:30 or 11:00 ill eat a bowl of froot loops or another protein shake right before i sleep.

this is what i was going to start eating unless it doesnt sound like a good plan and for the first protein shake i might change to a scoop and a half. also on workout days i usually try to a little more carbs and a extra protein shake post workout.

also i drink 4 glasses of water take creatine and a multivitamin every day

thanks for any advice

Well, your bulking diet is going to bulk you up alright. Are you looking to addmuscle or get fat?? You should really clean up your diet and make it look more like a cutting diet (ie same types of foods) with jsut more food. Cereal before bed is not a great option either and four glasses of water is a way to low. You can look in my journal at a couple of examples of bulking diets if you want. There are other bulking journals here that are really good to check out too. Also, be usre to read the stickies at the top of the forums.

P-funk thanks for the info. do you think i should eat tuna in replace of the hot dogs and just stick with a protein shake and maybe some yogert or cottage cheese in place of the cereal. i aslo do eat strawberries every day. also what page are your diets on in your journal i was reading some of it your last leg workout very impressive.

thanks again

oh yeah and should i change my protein shake from meal four and use skim milk will that help me at all?

I would use water with the proetein. Cottage cheese is a better choice iver yogurt. Cereal is not a great choice. Hotdogs can be replaced with tuna, chicken, turkey, fish, red meat.

Most of my meals are in the first half of the journal. Check out the first 2-5 pages.

Try writing out a new diet with some of these changes and post it so that more people can give you opinions.

ok thanks for the advice p-funk. so here go's, i hope this sounds better suited to what i want. again im open to any changes anyone may have on this

meal 1 same as 1st post above 6:30 - 2 whole eggs scrambled w/cheese and ham, 1 slice of toasted wheat bread and either 3 pork sausage links or bacon, and a cup of milk and cup of oj.
calories 730, fat 38g, carbs 57g, protien 38g

meal 2 and 3 same as 1st post above when i have to work- but i do eat twice while im there usually at 10:30 and 1:30, it usually depends on what they make most of the time its a couple of deli meat sandwiches then chille or chicken tenders and fries. im not sure of the total of these two meals.

5g creatine

meal 4 - 4:30 - protein shake (1 1/2 scoops)w/ water and 1 banana. i have to check the supplement page for some new protien that will taste better in water than optimun'chocolate whey. but the total should be somewhere around calories- 165, fat 2.25g, carbs 5.5g, protein 30g

meal 5- 6:30 or 7:00- same as 1st post above--this is usually something like chicken breast , rice and some kind of greens or some kind of beef like a roast or steak with potatoes or pasta with beef or chicken and a glass of milk. the totals when its chicken, rice and green beens. Calories 420, fat 5g, carbs 52g, protein 36g

meal 6- 9:15 1 1/2 tuna fish sandwich with miracle whip on wheat (1 can of tuna) Calories 430, fat 12g, carbs 46g, protien 32g

and 1 snack before bed -- cottage cheese, 4 or 5 strawberries and half scoop protien in milk
again i dont know the totals on this

and 8-9 glasses of water

totals of all meals execpt 2,3, and last
calories 1,745, fat 57.25g, carbs 160.5, protein 136

thanks again in advance.

S.O.S

Hmmm....you need to clean up the diet alot. You are 160 and you want to bulk. You should be looking at getting around 2500 kcals or more a day to bulk. Try to spread this out as evenly as possible across 6 meals...so try for around 420 kcals a meal.

Meal 1 - 730 cals?! try to spread this out a bit.

Meal 2 - fried chicken fingers and french fries! :finger: big no-no. You'll bulk alright, but it will be more fat than anything else - try to keep clean as possible.

Meal 3 - same as above.

Meal 4 - This isn't enough kcals. Plus I don't think you are getting enough protein. You should be aiming for 1.5 x body weight.

Meal 5 - what type of rice? Hoping it's brown rice....you need slow-burning carbs.

You need to add ALOT more protein each day and spread it out, also not enough greens. You are only getting them during meal 5. And you need to cut out all the fries, fried food and such and replace them with a better carb source like slow-burning carbs. For example, oats, veggies, brown rice, sweet potatos, etc...

If you want to bulk trying doing 2500+ kcals daily, with 240g of pro or more daily. Eat clean foods, just eat more of them otherwise the weight you gain will mostly be in fat.

Oh also water - 8-9 glasses isn't enough unless these are 64oz. glasses :p

Try kicking up to 4-6 lilters daily. That's about 1.5 gallons of water. Again spread it out daily...

NO EFA'S!!:finger:

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by dg806
NO EFA'S!!:finger:
:funny: DG your starting to sound like me. :laugh:

Who you think I learned it from??:thumb:

thanks everyone for all the advice. im going to read over some more of your journals for some diets and find one that fits me then ill post it again

:thumb: excellent SOS! good idea! look forward to seeing your meal plan!

meal 1- 6:30 or 7:00 eggs
meal 2- 8:30 or 9:00 oats and raisens
meal 3- 11:30 or 12:30 cottage cheese and fruit (preworkout)
meal 4- turkey sandwich on wheat and extra slice of wheat followed by a protien shake (30g whey) in water w/ heavy whipping cream and banana (post workout)
meal 5-chicken or beef with greens sometimes brown rice
meal 6- tuna
meal 7- protien shake with milk and fruit

1 or 2 glasses of milk and lots of water spread through out the day. Fish oil and glutamine and multivitamin also at some point and the fruits im going to eat are peaches, raisens, apples , strawberrys, and bananas. also some days meals might change like shrimp or pearch in place of tuna for example.

i hope this sounds a lot better. i tried toclean it up as much i could but i dont the what or if there is a best time to eat alot of this stuff. so again any pointers is appreciated

sorry i dont know total cals
thanks again

Where is the protein in meal 2 :scratch: And you need more veggies.

oh thanks jodi im not sure what i should use as protien there maybe another shake and also ill probably add more veggies to either meal 4 or meal 6. also in meal 4 the protien shake i take will be about 30 minutes after the sandwich.

do you think this sounds better, and do you think ill have enough protien?

thanks agian for the advice

Back