• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

limited equipment...workout suggestions / instructions please

lithium

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey, i'm trying to lose weight and gain some muscle, like everyone else, heh. well anyway i'm 17 in september and i'm starting college soon so i'm on a low budget right now (local college no dorm stuff)

so i have a setup in my basement, i have about 200 pounds of weights, a bunch of adjustable dumbells and some set dumbells (10-15pounds) and an adjustable curlbar.

so i was wondering if any of you can give me suggestions for excercises with my limited equipment?

and also will you lose as many calories walking a mile then if you ran a mile?

Do you have a bench also??

You can do a lot of things with your weights though, even if you don't have a bench. If you are trying to lose weight try doing a lot of compound exercises as those are the ones which will get your heart rate up, burn more calories and recruit more muscle fibers.

Some exercises that you can perform:
compound:
squats
millitary press
deadlifts
stiff leg dead lifts

dumbell millitary press recipricoal (while one hand is performing an eccentric the other is performing a concentric...this will really mess with your central nervous system)
dumbell military press unilateral (one arm at a time)

olympic lifts are good if you know some one that can teach you proper form

bent over row
one arm dumbell row
lunges
overhead squats
front squats
dumbell squats
upright rows
jump squats
box step ups
push ups

single joint exercises (non compund):

bicep curls
overhead tricep extensions
lateral raises
front raises

then you can combine exercises
squat and dumbell overhead press
lunge curl and press
squat curl squat press
step up and press
step up and lateral raise
dead lift and shrug
dead lift and upright row
lunge and front raise
deadlift and calf raise
overhead squat and while down in the hole pause for a moment down there and do a couple reps of behind the neck presses then come up (this is really hard)
barbell bicep curl into a reverse grip shoulder press
reverse grip barbell curl into a millitary press then do an overhead squat from there (talk about calorie burning)
not satisfied???? To prevent accomoidation try messing with your central nervous system:

military press on one foot
squats on one foot
dumbell shoulder press with uneven loading (ie 30lb dumbell in right hand 20lb dumbell in left.....next set switch)
push ups with one arm elevaten on step
push ups with toes on bench and one foot elevated in air
dumbell bicep curl with one hand and front or lateral raise with the other

possibilities are endless......is this enough or do you want more??

by the way, no walking a mile will not burn the same amt. of cals as running. When running your rate of force pproduction is much greater, causing your heart rate to elevate and causing you to recruit more muscle fibers (slow twitch, type I) and burn more calories.

thanks for all the suggestions...do you know any websites that fully explain the terms for the exercises?

and right now if i run i cant really keep it up for too long so i'm justgoing to walk a mil or two and jog some until i get more into shape.

Okay, then if you have a bench you can do even more things:

bench press
tricep dips
dumbell bench press
flyes
uneven loaded flyes
uneven loaded dumbell bench press

Sorry I don't have any websites that define the terms of these exercises. For the basic ones try exrx.net For the other exercises like some of the the combined ones or the ones that challenge your central nervous system I came up with myself to challenge my clients. So just ask if you want to know.

Here is an idea about running the mile. If you go to a track start running around it until you can't run anymore. Stop running and remember how far you went (ie 400 meters or 800meters). Walk for as long as you need to and then run again until you can't run anymore. Now take that distance and add it to how far you have already run. Do this until you complete a mile and you will be running the whole thing before you know it. Walking wont cut it. If you can;t get to a track than just run, then walk, then run some more, then walk some more and do this for a while until you are running the whole time.

peace,
Patrick

oh crap, lithium, were in NY are you located?? Need a personal trainer??lol

i'm on longisland in nassau, and i have like no money heh. thanks for the offer though, yeah i'll look up some stuff about that and try it out. as for the running thing theres not really any tracks around that i can use on a regular basis, but i'll look a little harder.

Back