• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Starting a journal

cjrmack

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi all. Let me give a little background on myself.

My name is Carl. I am 5'10", 187 lbs, 43 years old. I used to work out with weights on and off from the time I was in my early 20's to about 30 years old. I never looked into how to do it properly (I was not pushing myself enough, being comfortable with lifting a certain amount of weights and not pressing to increase or do anything to failure) and therefore was never really muscular (or buff I should say) but very fit.

I have stayed in pretty good shape but back in late May I was nearly at 200 pounds, not exercising, and eating extremely bad (fast food most of the time). I started by getting my eating habits back in order and riding a bike several times a week. I was able to lose about 12 pounds in 6 weeks.

My buddy at work had been wanting to get back into working out with weights but wasn't finding anyone who would work out with him on a consistient basis. I finally decided to make the committment and on July 7th we started working out at his house after work three days a week. He knew about a lot of the things I have since found out about on this website (changing weight amounts, reps in sets, lifting to failure, etc.).

I have been reading a lot on these forums since I found them about 2 weeks ago and trying to get really serious about getting really fit. I have taken a lot of the diet advice and am getting lots of protein, especially after workouts. I was just working my upper body (shoulders, arms, chest, triceps) but since last Monday I am now incorporating my lower and middle body (calfs, legs, butt, abs).

I feel so much better and the only problem I have had so far is that ironically I do not seem to be sleeping as well. I seem to be getting enough sleep but am waking up several times during the night. I figured maybe it is because I am eating before I go to bed (cottage cheese, yogurt, or natural PB).

I am not looking to compete or become super buff but do want tone my body and build some mass. I think my weight is good and probably want to maintain it about where I am now (note: since I have been working out and eating right my weight has stayed right at 187 while my waist size has gone from 34 to 33). I realize that different things work for different people but I want to post my workout schedule and diet for comments and suggestions, good or bad. I am interested in knowing if it (the workout) seems to be too much, not enough, not enough variety, any other suggestions anyone may have based on my goals and if I am on the right track for my diet.

I am glad to be aboard and looking forward to my journey!

:D

Here is my workout:

Mon/Wed/Fri

Dumbell Curls- Alternate
6 sets 20 reps- less weight (25 lbs)
4 sets 12 reps- more weight (45 lbs)

Dumbell Extension-Alernate
(One dumbell behind head)
6 sets 20 reps-less weight (35 lbs)
4 sets 12 reps-more weight (50 lbs)

Bench Press (Machine)-Alternate
6 sets 20 reps (165 lbs)
4 sets 12 reps (195 lbs)

Pec Deck (Machine)-Alernate
6 sets 20 reps (55 lbs)
4 sets 12 reps (85 lbs)

Lat Pull-Down(Machine)-Alternate
6 sets 20 reps (195 lbs)
4 sets 12 reps (215 lbs)

Tues/Thurs

Bicycle- 5 miles (30 minutes)
Leg Raise 4 sets 15 reps
Crunches 4 sets 15 reps
Reverse Crunches 4 sets 15 reps
Side Bends (w/dumbells-25 lbs)- 4 sets 16 reps each side
Side Twists- 4 sets- 16 reps each side
Squats (W/dumbells- 20 lbs)- 4 sets 15 reps
Lunges (w/dumbells- 20 lbs)- 4 sets 16 reps (8 each side)
Dumbell Calf Raises (30 lbs)- 4 sets 25 reps

Sat/Sun
Bike ride approx 10 miles (50 minutes to 1 hour)

Diet

Meal 1- Protein Shake (mixture-4 proteins)- 46 grams protein
Banana/Apple/ 3/4 cup raw oats

Meal 2- 1/2 can tuna or 4 oz chicken/beef/fish
1 slice whole wheat bread
apple or peach
1/2 cup granola

Meal 3- 1/2 can tuna or 4 oz chicken/beef/fish
2 Hard Boiled Eggs
10 small carrots

Meal 4- Whey Protein Shake-51 grams protein
1 cup mixed berries
Apple

Meal 5- Fish, Chicken, Beef (apporx 4 oz)
Brown or Wild Rice (1/2 cup)

Meal 6- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup yogurt
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
Fresh Veggies (1 cup)

Welcome to journaling and welcome back to BB. :)

Your diet overall is decent but I can see a few things to clean up if your interested. :grin:

Welcome aboard!!! :wave:

Do you know what your macros are for the day? :)

I am going to try cutting down my carbs and upping my protein some by eliminating the bread and the high carb fruit like bananas and adding more protein. Would that be good?

:confused:

I am guessing that my diet is o.k.? You had mentioned helping me clean it up a bit but never saw another post.

Back