• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Doing it for ME

hikerchick

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am doing this journal to keep myself motivated and moving forward with keeping in the best possible shape I can be in.

My goals right now are: to get my eating back to clean, healthy foods; to be in the best shape of my LIFE by the end of October. I had a baby last October so want to surpass where I was before I got pregnant. Not too much to ask, right? :rolleyes: I'm going to focus on eating clean for now. Eventually I want to do some carb cycling, but that will come later. I just need to focus on eating clean for now.

I am working out at home. Starting in the fall I will be able to take my daughter to the gym daycare and have that time to myself. For now, I am doing weights at home, and I also do the Firm videos, if anyone has heard of those. I was a bit skeptical at first, but they are a good home workout for me right now.

I would love feedback, and of course support, which I am also more than happy to give back. :D

Stats:
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: ?? I don't own a scale, so maybe 130?? I will weigh myself when I get back to the gym in a couple weeks.
Bodyfat: I had it tested a couple months ago with calipers and it was 18%

Okay, I'm jumping in now.

Last edited:
Wednesday

Okay, food for today:

Meal 1
3/4 cup Fiber One
1/2 cup soymilk
3/4 cup blueberries (yum - picked them myself!)
protein shake - low carb Isopure
Just realized I should have added some fat to this meal. Next time.

5 processed chicken pieces
These are gone, thank goodness, they taste nasty and I'm not sure why I ate them. :confused: This is why I'm keeping a journal now.

chicken breast
mesotech bar
1 T. flax

1 cup fresh pineapple
3 slices 98% fat free turkey breast

protein shake
10 almonds

3 liters of water for the day

Calories: 1518
Protein: 143
Carbs: 139
Fat: 53
Total calories and protein are too low, plus need lots of veggies. Need to go shopping. I'm happy about my water intake, carb amount, and fat amount though.:thumb:

Workouts:

30 minute power walk

Chest/Triceps:
100 pushups (girly style :rolleyes: )
5 sets of 15 flyes @10 pounds
5 sets of 12 dips
5 sets of 12 overhead press @ 10 pounds
5 sets of 8 kickbacks @ 5 pounds

Last edited:
Yeay, she's back!! :clap: Good to see you Shelley!! :D

I'll be watching ;)

Hey Hikerchick!! :) Welcome back!! :)
We have a lot in common!!!
I have similar goals, workout at home, and I do THE FIRM~ Love it.. I have a zillion videos.. but I just got The Firm w/ the Fanny Lifter, and the bar w/ weights. Have u seen it. Its HARD.

Good Luck with your goals!! :)

Hi Jenny, thanks for your pm the other day (okay, the other month :rolleyes: ) , I think that is what finally gave me the kick I needed. I am sooo looking forward to this accountability, I really need it right now!

Stacey - Hi! Glad to see someone else is doing the Firm videos, I'll have to check out your new journal. I have last years version, without the weighted bar. That thing looks cool, I'm jealous! We'll have to keep each other going on this, it's sometimes a challenge for me to get a good workout in at home.

Thursday

Food:

3/4 cup Fiber One
3/4 cup blueberries
3/4 cup soy milk
protein shake
1 T. flax oil :barf: I think my flax has gone bad :yell:

4 slices turkey breast
1/2 cup pineapple

mesotech bar
I usually don't have bars but I bought 4 of these yesterday because they are my favorite and they are not going to be selling them at Max Muscle anymore, so I won't be eating them anyway!Besides, I was at the mall and the bar beat any alternatives that they were offering.

protein pancakes (3 egg whites, scoop-o-protein, 1 T. gr. flax seed)
1.5 T. sugar free syrup
1 cup blueberries

protein shake
1 oz. pumpkin seeds
1.5 T. Adams pb

Cals: 1700
Prot: 150
Carbs:156
Fat: 63

Calories are better today. Need to add in some morning carbs, maybe 1/2 cup of rice or oats, and also add a chicken breast or other protein. Still need more veggies! But I'm headed in the right direction. :banana:

Workout:

30 minutes Pilates
10 x 10 of lunges
5 x 12 of step ups w/ 10 pounds
100 rep calf raises
3 x 10 jump squats no weight

This workout felt great! Plus my chest and triceps are sore from yesterday. I love that!

Last edited:
Hey there Hiker :wave2:

Oooow, watch that flax.. the thing gets iffy real quick. And it can make you :barf: and get terrible tummy aches. Says the girl who had some flax that went bad.. :D

Mmm, those blueberries sounds SO yummy, I love blueberries!! I love all friut actually :lick:

Hmm, you need to watch those cals, they need to be higher! Especially since you're getting serious about training again! Maybe add a whole meal? :)

:thumb:

And girl, I think we need some pics too :D

Hey Hikerchick! :):wave:
Yes we will definatley have to keep each other going!! :) I love working out at home actually!
I run/walk a lot outside- and I do my regular stepper that I got a while back (its just one big step that they use in step aerobic classes you know?!) and I have free weights at home also.. and now The Firm! :) The bar w/ weights is cool!~ I like it! My but is sore from doing the "fanny lifter" last night!
Do you like to jog/speedwalk?

talk to ya soon!!! :)

Hi Jenny!:hello:

I ended up throwing the flax out. It was almost gone anyway. I had a tummy ache for awhile this morning. :barf: Now, I need to go to the whole foods store and buy some more. I was doing hemp oil for awhile but it is NASTY and I just couldn't take it.

You are so right about increasing my calories. I checked Fitday and I had actually left out a couple things so it wasn't quite as bad as I thought.

I love all fruit too - I could eat it all day long!:finger:

Oh, about the pictures, don't hold your breath! :rofl: Although, I promise you, when my abs come in/out I will definitely post a pic!

IML Gear Cream!
Hi Stacey! :hello:

I am okay with working out at home, but I find when I'm lifting weights I push myself so much harder in the gym:lifter:

I love to hike and powerwalk. I go on lots of powerwalks with my puppydog (golden retriever - my first child ;) ) and my baby in the jogging stroller. I love doing that. Had to give up running though due to a bad back.:yell: I miss running a lot.

Aren't you in Texas? I can't imagine doing a lot of running there in the summer. I was just in Austin last week and it was 110 degrees!!

That's good about your butt being sore - got to love that "fanny lifter"!

Flax oil will go rancid if not kept refrigirated. Keep it cold and it will be ok. ANd you will get use to the taste. I take it right from a spoon! YUM! ( I really do like it)
Oh and the bars..................not good for a diet!:finger:

Hi dg, thanks for stopping by!

I actually don't mind the taste of the flax, just that I think mine was on the rancid side. I take it right from a spoon too, don't like it in my shakes. It's hemp oil that makes me :barf:

You are right about the bars. If I want my abs to show I need to be more careful about what I put in my bod. That's why I need this journal, I need people to keep me in check! So feel free to :whip: me anytime.

Friday

I feel nice and sore from my workout yesterday. My butt is loving it! :D

Goals for today:
1. 3 liters of water
2. 4 servings of veggies

Food:

protein pancakes
2 T. sugar free syrup
1 cup blueberries

protein shake (isopure & water)
1/2 cup pineapple
1 oz. pumpkin seeds

3 egg whites
1/2 cup pineapple
1 cup of corn - this is the only vegetable I have in the house:eek: definitely need to go shopping!
mesotech bar - tomorrow will be my last one, I swear!:D
1 oz. of mozzarella cheese

chicken breast
1/2 cup brown rice
3/4 T. parmesan cheese
10 almonds

protein shake with extra isopure, 1 cup soy milk, 3/4 T. adams pb

Cals: 1870
Prot: 189
Carbs: 167
Fat: 53

Workouts:

30 minutes pilates
30 minute power walk

Last edited:
hey girl!!
Yep I'm in Texas--its real hot here tooo right now!! Yuck! I usually run around 8pm --its not AS bad.. but last night I was just dripping in sweat -it was TOO hot!

we sound soooo much alike!!!! My honey is my dog (well and my husband) -- Cody's like you said "My first child"~ We love going on long powerwalks/jogs!
Also I LOVE pilates!!! :)

Sorry you can't go running anymore! I know that sucks for you!

Do u have that Fanny lifter thing too (where you add the steps together?) Its cool huh!! :)

Well hope you have a great day!!

Try for 4 liters of water a day next week!!
I usually drink 6 or 7 liters a day~ Talk about going to the bathroom A LOT!!

Takecare sweetie!! :)

Hey Stacey,

I do have that fanny lifter step thingy. I actually used it for the first time in awhile last night (thanks to you for reminding me about it!:thumb: and my butt is sooo sore! I love it though.:D

Thanks for the tip on cooking your chicken. I will try that today. I was using my george forman but it was drying out my chicken.:yell: Did not like that.

I am going to try for 4 liters of water soon, thanks for the tip! You are a sweetie!

Originally posted by Stacey

My honey is my dog (well and my husband) -- Cody's like you said "My first child"~ We love going on long powerwalks/jogs!

Oh yeah, You are too funny, "and my husband" LOL! :rofl: don't forget him.

I have got to stop watching the Food Network. I was happily eating my egg whites until I saw a show on chocolate shakes! No more egg whites! I discovered that they make me gag when hard boiled. I like them cooked up like scrambled eggs or in my protein pancakes.

I just ordered some Syntrax (sp?) apple protein Nectar that I learned about from another thread. I love this website! I hope it's yummy. I'm kind of getting sick of the chocolate Isopure that I've been using for 4 years.:eek:

Oh my gosh you have been using Chocolate Isopure for 4 YRS!! holy cow!!!! Is it good though?? I think i may get some!!

I have been using Strawberry Isopure, and strawberry optimum forever tooo!!!

I know I'm goofy~~ About my comment on "oh yeah and myhusband"... I talk more about Cody, my dog then I do my hubby here at work.. hehe!! :)

I'm glad that I reminded you of your fannylifter~ blow off that dust honey!! LoL!! My but is so sore from it too!!! I love it!!

Your welcome for the tips!! I love getting tips from people toooo!!!

GIRL watching those cooking shows makes me wanna cook yummy things!!! I have to flip right past the shows so I don't SEE the food!! :):D

Have a wonderful weekend!! :)

Hi girl!
I like the strawberry Isopure too. :lick: Have only tried the chocolate Optimum and didn't like it too much.

I had that chicken for dinner last night and it was yummy!

Hope you have a great weekend too!

Also, wanted to thank you for making me feel so welcome here, you are a sweetie!

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
My husband has been gone for 4 weeks for work, and gets back next Sunday. This has definitely been a challenging time for me. I feel for all of those single Moms out there, I don't know how you ladies do it, but you deserve a lot of pats on the back!:thumb:

This is about the 3rd or 4th journal that I've started in the last couple of years. I always give up after a couple days. It's easier, of course, to not keep track of what I'm eating and to eat whatever I want. I AM NOT GIVING UP THIS TIME! I don't care what it takes! I am not going to settle for just okay anymore. I refuse to settle. I have wanted to see my abs for so long now, and to have a body that I can be proud of. I don't have a ton of support from my husband, but mostly it's because he thinks I look good already. He is not as into the fitness lifestyle as I am (and I am not as into it as a lot of you are) but he will back up whatever I want to do. I don't just want to look "fine", I want to look "SMOKIN'"!! :hot: :D And now is my time to do it.

Saturday

Food

Protein pancakes
1/5 T. sugar free syrup
1 cup blueberries

Mesotech bar

protein shake
1/2 cup sweet potatoes
1/2 cup pineapple

chicken breast
2 small pieces of watermelon :lick:

chicken breast
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 T. parmesan cheese
1 cup cantaloupe
15 almonds

3/4 cup Fiber One
3/4 cup blueberries
3/4 cup soymilk
protein shake

Cals: 1749
Prot: 177
Carbs: 203
Fat: 37

Carbs are too high, but there's 45 g of fiber in there :eek: so I think I'm okay. although I better stick close to the br.:eek: Did not drink enough water today. On the positive side I went to a birthday party and did not have cake or Doritos! :banana:

Workouts

Shoulders
overhead press 5 x 12
upright row 5 x 12
lateral raise 5 x 12

30 minutes of pilates

Last edited:
I'm going to a barbecue/birthday party today and am so ready to eat well. Just in case they don't have anything chicken breast related, I'm going to have a shake before I go.:D

Sunday

protein pancakes
1/5 T. sugar free syrup
3/4 c. blueberries
protein shake

apple
luna bar

chicken breast
tortilla
reduced fat cheese

chicken breast
tortilla
reduced fat cheese

apple
protein shake

Cals: 1623
Prot:142
Carbs:189
Fat:35

Want to change my ratios a bit, definitely less carbs, more protein. More water! Will do better tomorrow!:)

Workouts:
20 minutes pilates
1 hour walk

Last edited:
You are doing SO good Shelley! I'm proud of you! :D Will you allow yourself cheat meals/days? I think you should, so you don't start a crazy binge, like I've done sometimes :D Maybe once every 14 days or something. That's what I'll be aiming for.
Don't know if you read my journal (cause you never post :finger: :p), but I've decided on having the last of October as my goal date too, so we're in on this together ;) :D

Hope you're having a great monday! :)

Hey Hiker ever climb out there in your wonderfull state??

Jenny, thank you so much for supporting me!:D
I am waiting a bit on the cheat meal, I want to get some good days of healthy eating in me before I do that. I don't want to get off track. I tend to get a little freaky/obsessed when I get too stringent so I am trying to keep it low key. Can't wait til that cheat meal though!:rolleyes: I'm not going to even THINK about it today. I'm going to try and put it off as long as I can.
Good luck on your October goals too, I know we can do it! :banana:

Hey sawheet!
I have hiked a lot out here, mostly in the Columbia Gorge and towards the coast. How about you? If you mean rock climbing I haven't climbed here, but I used to be a climbing/hiking guide for kids in New Hampshire.

Is there a lot of hiking in Florida? Maybe in the everglades? I was there once for a week (college spring break, of course) and it didn't seem too mountainous. Of course, I was on spring break so had other things on my mind.;)

Originally posted by hikerchick
Hi girl!
I like the strawberry Isopure too. :lick: Have only tried the chocolate Optimum and didn't like it too much.

I had that chicken for dinner last night and it was yummy!

Hope you have a great weekend too!

Also, wanted to thank you for making me feel so welcome here, you are a sweetie!

Hey Honey!!! I know you are going to look SMOKIN in know time!!! I'm like you-- I want to see those abs!!!!!!! And all the other muscles! :)

I'm glad your feeling welcome here!!! I really think you & I have a lot in common! :)
(psssssst... we do need to stay away from those Luna bars though.. I saw you had one.. I had bought 2 on saturday.. and I wish I never did..they are so yummy..but They really are not good for us!!! :(
:cry:
I'm glad you liked the chicken!! :)

Have a great day sweets!!!

Monday

Feel great today! Made it past my 4 day point when I usually quit this so I'm pretty happy about that. :banana:

Food:

protein pancakes
3/4 cup strawberries
1/5 T. sugar free syrup

chicken breast
1/2 cup brown rice
1 cup zucchini

chicken breast
1/4 cup reduced fat cheese
2 tortillas

apple
3/4 c. Fiber One
1/2 c. soymilk
1/2 c. blueberries
15 almonds

protein pancakes :lick:
1 T. sugar free syrup
3/4 cup strawberries

isopure
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 T. parmesan cheese
I know I should have had the rice much earlier in the day but it was still better than having ice cream...I kind of consider it a treat with a little parmesan cheese...what is becoming of me?:confused: :D

Cals: 1846
Prot:173
Carbs:209
Fiber:50 :eek:
Fat:48

Workouts:

30 minute power walk
30 minutes pilates
Back
Biceps

Last edited:
Back