• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

nagging wrist pain ?

S.O.S

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i have been having this problem in my right wrist directly lower from my little finger where it hurts like hell after doing curls and bench press it feels like i can push the bone down sometime.
has anyone else had this problem and what should i do about it?

i wear wrist supporting gloves sometimes but would rather not have to depend on them and i do wrist curls but that hurts it also

thanks

I'd say give it a rest and heal up some. Hopefully you just inflamed the area and did not stress crack anything. YOu might try wrapping it to immobalize it if you want to try working throught it. How long have you been lifting and how intensely?

Do you keep the fingers wrapped when doing wrist curls? In other words, dont curl with the fingers, keep them shut.

But it could be a genuine problem, not something that will go away perhaps? Thankfully I dont have anything nagging quite like that, but if it persists you may have to see a doc.

thanks OceanDude, ive been working out for about a year and a half more intensely now then when i started about five days a week. and i was laid up from lifting for about 3 weeks (from something else). but after being back in the gym for 2 weeks it started to hurt again.

I'd just lay off the wrist curls for a bit and ease up on the bench press weight some. I suspect you are rotating your wrists around the bar in a funny angle due to high weight - check your form.

umm i dont think i do mudge, thanks ill try that next time im at the gym. if it persist ill probably go to my doc but id hate to be told i cant lift anything for a couple weeks.

Wrist curls I like to do slow without a ton of weight, 10-15 reps, nice and slow, dont kill yourself on range of motion, yada yada. If laying off them for awhile though helps then it sounds good to me.

I have had trouble in the past with my wrists, and right elbow.
Since I am a fitter/welder, sometimes I have to do a lot of grinding with an angle grinder. One job I had required me to do so much grinding, my hands and wrists hurt for a year. Do all that kind of work, and then going to the gym can cause some serious over use injuries. It appears after a two year lay off things have healed.

You do any manual labor?

I used to be a warehouse person, but nothing screwed me up like sitting at a keyboard doing email support all day a few years ago. Any kind of repetitive motion stuff is going to likely be a problem eventually, even hair dressers have the same issues mostly with thier shoulders.

Any kind of manual labor I do now is generally car related.

Back