• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

is it good to take a break sometimes?

brennan

Focused
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've slowed down my lifting recently...have taken about 2 weeks off...prior to the break I'd been training very hard since around Dec and was takin supplements..i.e. celltech/protein...i know its good to take a break sometime, but have i taken to long off? i kinda feel like shit cuz i havent lifted hard in 2 wks but i just wasnt into it and needed a break..plus i wanna wait till i get back to college where i can have a good diet again and get back on creatine...so is takin another 2 wks off too long? i wanna get back in the gym but i feel like im half assing it...wat u guys think? should i suck it up and go back now, or wait another 2 wks? and i def. think i've already shrunk which is annoying

Most people would agree a week off here and there is good, 2 weeks is a bit long for me but if you really need a mental and physical break, then maybe its fine. If anything I feel guilty for slacking and might come back with a better mental attitude.

it sounds to me like you're slacking.....pick that shit up

Yeah, I think I am at the point where I need some time off too. I am finding myself crashing out and sleeping every afternoon from exhaustion lately. Been at it non-stop for 8 months...

how do you force urself to stay out of the gym P?

must be tough as hell

Damn OD 8 months without a break, you very well could be in a state of overtraining!

oaktownboy, it is hard to do, lifting has been my life for 17 years, but as you get older it gets a bit easier to take the breaks. ;)

I just got off a two week break from training due to a pinched nerve in my back. I started yesterday with a very light upper body work-out and some cardio. Today I did some more light cardio and a very light leg work-out.

Originally posted by oaktownboy
it sounds to me like you're slacking.....pick that shit up

I def. feel like I was slacking but I got back in there today and cant wait to get after it again...i missed that shit

Originally posted by Prince
Damn OD 8 months without a break, you very well could be in a state of overtraining!

Yeah, my shoulder joints are complaing a lot these days and I have dropped my DB bench 30 lbs down and it's not getting better. Always seem to be sore these days. But funny my body just decided it want's to start another mass gain cycle that caught me by surprise. So, I guess I trudge throught this and run with it longer before I take a break so I don't lose the opportunity ...

No one ever warned me that BB could be addicting...

i agree with mudge 2weeks is way too long a week is good you get all the energy you need and your muscles grow back from the abuse theve takin i think 1week is fine not 2weeks

I take a week off every 4 months. The first break is a whole week off of training but keep diet. The second week is off on diet but keep training. And third break is off on both training and nutrition. I just finished my third break last month. It was great! I went on a cruise and just took it easy. :dancer:

wow tiger thats alot too keep up with lol id mess up 1week for me thats all....

it gives me something to look forward to. I take another break in winter break and then another for spring break. Its absolutely perfect.

Back