PDA

View Full Version : free test number?

heckler7
10-14-2014, 03:15 PM
I've only focused on total test numbers, but my doc said she wants my free test number. it was 5.81 and the range is 5.0 - 21.0 she said she was down to give me a script just wondering if anyone else has a doc that goes off free test numbers and what is the range they try to keep you at. I havent found anything on google

skinnyguy180
10-14-2014, 03:19 PM
My doc goes off total test. Atleast that is mostly what we discuss.

Sherk
10-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Most docs go off of total but free is also important. Mine checks both but my script is based off of total.

s2h
10-14-2014, 06:56 PM
most dr's go off total test numbers..but free test is much more important then total in the end..question would be..what is your total test number?..cause if its high and your free is low then you need to look at your estrogen and shbg to determine were the fix is needed..

Riles
10-14-2014, 08:53 PM
total test is like your total financial worth on paper, mortgage, credit card debt, vehicles, cash, savings, 401k. free test is like whats in your wallet as cash and your available savings, that's the analogy my Dr uses, it's possible to look like a high roller on paper but if you are living check to check or not able to pay all the bills what good is it, A friend of mine has amazing luck, with his total around 900, his free is 32 on the 9-27 scale or some such luck

uberdawg
10-15-2014, 06:01 AM
The last appointment I had with my Doc he seemed to focus alot more on my free test. Last blood work my total was around 700 something and my free was around 170pg/ml(not sure if my lab uses the same measurement units as yours). He said total looks good but free was too high and if it stayed there he would have to reduce dosage :wits:.. When my total was 400 something and my free was around 100 he said that was perfect. Which doesn't make sense to me because 400 total is still pretty low. IMO most of these TRT docs don't know what the fuck they're doing..

independent
10-15-2014, 12:02 PM
total test is like your total financial worth on paper, mortgage, credit card debt, vehicles, cash, savings, 401k. free test is like whats in your wallet as cash and your available savings, that's the analogy my Dr uses, it's possible to look like a high roller on paper but if you are living check to check or not able to pay all the bills what good is it, A friend of mine has amazing luck, with his total around 900, his free is 32 on the 9-27 scale or some such luck
This.

flood
10-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Free and bio-available test is what matters. I don't know what most docs use but I'd get a new one if they really think total serum test is the prime number.
That said, my Dr lowered my dose when my total serum went above range :(

To lower your Test for a test;
Do 2 hours of aerobics for a few days before the draw.
Stop weight training.
Go vegetarian ( no beef! ) & eat low fat.
Eat soy crap.

And it might help to buy some of those teal colored zumba weights and make yourself look at em 3 times a day.

independent
10-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Or you can just lower your dose prior to the test.

flood
10-17-2014, 11:21 PM
I've only focused on total test numbers, but my doc said she wants my free test number. it was 5.81 and the range is 5.0 - 21.0 she said she was down to give me a script just wondering if anyone else has a doc that goes off free test numbers and what is the range they try to keep you at. I havent found anything on google
Are you getting T currently? Or trying to get T for the 1st time OP?

Here's an online calculator for Free & Bio-available testosterone;
http://www.issam.ch/freetesto.htm

I assume that you already know about privatemdlabs.com with 5,244 posts :)

heckler7
10-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Are you getting T currently? Or trying to get T for the 1st time OP?

Here's an online calculator for Free & Bio-available testosterone;
http://www.issam.ch/freetesto.htm

I assume that you already know about privatemdlabs.com with 5,244 posts :)trying to get a script first time, yes I use private med labs

heckler7
10-18-2014, 11:08 AM
my free test is 5.81 range is (5. - 21. ) couldnt find anything relating to free test and TRT off google, was wondering if anyone elses doc use this number to base doses on, and what number they look for as satisfactory