• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Canned vs. Fresh & Frozen Veggies

RnRGirl

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know that fresh veggies are the best, then frozen then canned. My question is does anyone ever use veggies in a can.

Thanks

I NEVER use canned. I don't think many of here do :shrug: Too full of sodium and all the nutrients and vitamins are drained from them. I'm sure others will advise as well :)

I have never really been a veggie eater, all that is changing, although I am unsure how to prepare most fresh veggies. I guess just boil until soft???:confused:

:barf: Never boil. Steam them. I primarily buy frozen then I dish out a serving and nuke them til their thawed. Takes less than 2 mins. When I do buy fresh I steam them, boiling again takes the vitamins out.

Frozen's probably better anyway, they won't go bad :D

Based on the information I received from a dietician...she told me that you actually don't lose a lot of the nutrients in the liquid from canned vegies..????...so I actually DO eat canned vegies...good for saving time...they're certainly not ideal...and should be rinsed thoroughly..and if you're worried about sodium at all I wouldn't eat them.

So...in summary...I think they're ok at times but are the least favorable method...fresh and frozen are better.

I eat mine frozen too....well i don't eat them frozen, but I prepare from frozen. It only takes 8 or 9 minutes, so you can prepare your protein while your veggies are nuked.

I mostly eat them fresh and raw :)

Back