• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Interesting Fact about Dying Your Hair!

butterfly

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
People have been dying their hair for 3000 years, but the first commercial hair dye company wasn't started until 1909 in France. The "French Harmless Hair Dye Company" later changed their name to "L'Oreal". The products were not widely used, and by 1950, only 7% of American women dyed their hair. A Clairol champaign during the 1960's raised this figure almost overnight. Showing pictures of women with children and running the line "does she or doesn't she", hair dye was suddenly acceptable. By the end of the decade, 70% of American women were using hair dye - it's up to 75% today.

Somehow I read this as drying your hair, doh.

...and what color do you use Mudge???:p

I have only died my hair once (brown), but I used to have long hair about 7 years ago, so I figured this was to do with hair damage via over-drying or something.

NEVER use a hair dryer!!!:D

I used a hair dryer only to get my scalp dry, which didn't take that long.

I still do even with short hair actually.

I put coloured hair in my braides, does that count? :D

I'd be afraid of putting any color in my hair.

Unfortunately it too blonde to be able to add some fun highlights and such. :shrug:

I colored my hair the first time when I was 4 years ago now I do it every 1 1/2 months. I also dry it and sometimes perm it! no wonder it falls uot in handfuls:eek:

Woah, if you die or do any hair processing they normally recommend not perming it at all for any time soon, something like 6 months? Otherwise you can make yourself damn near bald if you over-process your hair.

IML Gear Cream!
I only perm occasionally. I do color it all the time though. Maybe should reconsider and give it a break.

Hairdresser should ask you if you have had anything done in the last ~3 months I believe it is. Person I know was doing hair for awhile, woman lied and said she had nothing done, and most of her hair fell out afterwards... came out in clumps.

I dyed my hair about 4 months ago, it turned orange:fire:
Not what I wanted!!

Back